Francis Jeffers

I signed Jeffers for us on FIFA a few years back. He did alright and banged a few goals in, but then again I was controlling him, rather than him controlling himself.

Actually I don't know why we bother sending Steve Marsella all over the country looking for talent, when it would be so much cheaper to just buy a few computer games every season.

Guest Mahonio

Fran Jeffers could be our Kevin Philips, when we need a goal, stick him on and let him do his stuff.

I actually trust IHE on this one and am probably the only one who wants it to be true hahahaha.

Jeffers must be one of the best bits of business Everton ever did.  Sold for £8million to Arsenal in 2001 at the age of 20, Jeffers has, in the 12 years since, scored fewer goals than our own Billy MacKay scored this season.  He must be a prime example of what the margins are between success and failure. It is quite a sad story really.  In his early days at Everton he showed huge promise, including 13 goals in 16 games for the England U21 side but he has been useless since then.  He clearly has the raw talent, but whether it is a consequence of his injuries or a psychological thing, he has never been able to find the scoring freedom of his youth.

I don't see the comparisson with Kevin Phillips.  Phillips has been a class act throughout his career and has scored wherever he's been.  He has a far superior record than Jeffers.

It may be that as Jeffers heads towards the end of his career, he gets back into the frame of mind to simply enjoy his football and not think too much about it.  If he lets his inate skill come to the fore he may start knocking a few in again.  I wouldn't put my money on it though and I very much doubt that the club will either. 

I heard he was going to retire, buy an ice-cream van and play Sunday league somewhere.

Probably Bournemouth, Brighton or somewhere like that on the south coast, you'd sell more ice-cream I'd say - you know with the seaside and better weather and all that...

Rainbow--Jefferson Airplane was one of my favorite groups.

I think Grace Slick had one of the most incredible voices heard South of the Border (with the U.S>).

Enough to make yer toes curl up. Eh?

Some people may say that she was not a glamour girl but when she sang with her strength and range in that voluminous dress it was ...like... well....a frill a minute.

• Agree 1

Well, you would not be selling ice cream in Toronto this last few days--50 mm of rain in a day.

The last two days here in Vancouver here in the West of Canada I had to look out my window and endure rain stotting off the tarmac so hard that I could hardly believe what I was seeing--like Niagara Falls for sure. And the intensity just got greater and greater eh Scotty?

I know that these huge Cedar trees through which you can drive a bus came here because of this Pacific rain but enduring it is another thing. However, the next two weeks is supposed to be sunny so we will all stream outdoors put on the sunscreen and marvel at how beautiful this part of the country can be.

Congratulations to you eastern football fans though--Montreal lifts the Amway Canadian cup by drawing with Vancouver last night. Looks like they have a useful team this season.

There is talk here of Kenny Miller going back to Scotland. Has anybody in your neck of the woods heard anything solid about this? He denies it of course but... I would not be surprised. His salary of over $1,000,000 per season (500,000 pounds) is hardly justified by his impact with the Vancouver Whitecaps.