billy mackay

ferben1994

All very interesting but to get back to McKay, another outstanding performance and couple of excellent goals today and his stock must be higher than ever. I think he would find it hard to resist an offer from the likes of Swansea and we would find it hard to find someone with his predatorial instinct to replace him. It is worry that so many goals have come from him with rest of squad lacking in natural finishers.

I think that £500K will be the starting price but I think they would go higher if needed. Liverpool have been sniffing around their striker Danny Ings and if they get a decent fee for him then I'm certain they will offer more than £500K most likely though they will offer clauses in the offer.

Would Billy leave for Burnley? - Hard to say really, he did state that he was happy here and wanted to see out his contract but would he reject the chance of the English championship?

Edited by ICTRoughi

...English Campionship with a pretty good chance of promotion to the Premiership.....that's my worry, although there's always the risk that he'd get papped if they were to make it to the big time!

If he scores the goals that he does up here, I'm sure he would be kept on for them even if he was benched.

There may well be interest in Billy but will his career be progressed by a move? I look at Adam Rooney. Regular first team at ICT to fighting in the relegation zone in League 1. Financially yes he is probably a lot better off but has he progressed his career? Will Billy get regular football if he moves or will he become a benchwarmer?

Depends if he chooses right.  Rooney did well when he came on for Brum, yet never got a chance to prove himself.  I think he had a decent record at Brum and Swindon for someone who could only come off the bench.  6 first team starts, plus 12 subs = 4 goals at BC, then 11 starts, plus 18 subs = 9 at Swindon.  Considering some of the subs appearenaces would be for only a few minutes, he really deserved better.  Got to have a manager that believes in him.

Stuart MacDonald (the ex-Celtic striker) has got an inferior record and is no more a creative player than Adam, yet, because he cost more, he's still getting a chance in a good Championship club.  Connor Sammon the same.  Not a big name as an ex-Celt but cost a pretty penny and has a manager that believes in him.  Rooney really got a bum deal at Brum.  Mind you, he did get to experience the beauty spots of Ladywood and Swindon, so it's not all bad news!

^ Scott MacDonald

As I posted earlier on this thread it will depend on how Billy and the rest of the players feel about the prospect of achieving something - can or do they believe there is a league cup to win, if so the lure of a medal and trophy may be enough to ward of the player wanting a move until the summer. With Foran committing to stay then that may encourage others to do the same - certainly short term.

Peterborough United being linked with him in the Daily Mail today, suggesting that £1M would be needed. Not that far-fetched the 'Posh' are ridding high in League 1, with a good little team, good chance of promotion to the Championship, and quite a bit of money (Palace gave them something like £6M for Dwight Gayle in the summer)... would be quite a sensible move for BM. From ICT's point of view we don't want it to happen, but if it must, deal with it early for the most money, gives us a chance to get someone decent in

There are certain to be bids for Billy in January and, as always, the financial situation at the club is tight and any substantial offer will be tempting.

Personally, I would be disappointed if we let him go next month for anything less than a million. A million or more and would have no problem with the club taking the money. Every player has his price.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edb1/through_the_floods_to_yeovil_821349/index.shtml

Ings and Vokes scored the goals, our very own Little and Large; Ings’ an absolute beauty when he picked up the ball maybe 30 yards out and let fly and it went like a rocket into the far corner. It was so stunning; blink and you missed it. Vokes’ was the result of quick thinking by Marney when he picked up on a Yeovil error and the resultant ball across the box was neatly converted by the Big Man about 10 seconds later.  Ings’ strike must surely be a contender for one of the goals of the season. Alas speculation mounts regarding his future in direct relation to every goal he scores. Meanwhile Billy McKay scored again for Inverness.