Vancouver F C versus Seattle Sounders

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/video/2013/06/08/highlights-sounders-3-2-caps

This recent match persuaded 54,000 fans to show up in Vancouver's sister Port city of Seattle (Sea-attle) U.S.A., to welcome their northern Rivals, Vancouver, from 100 miles over the northern Border with Canada.

The fans make a serious racket in the MLS League and this was a very good game for them to cheer about. But even I was surprised at the number of enthusiasts who came to see and conquer. Amongst whom were at least a thousand Vancouver fans who think nothing of travelling to support the ever-improving 'Caps. The tension and atmosphere,in what really was a derby game, and some of the footie was great.

Kenny Miller has been coming on to a storming run of form lately and has scored some cracking goals now demonstrating his latent skill and I think he has improved his own fitness level. When not scoring he has been putting in some wonderful fast-action passes for the Vancouver forwards to score too.

Enjoy folks.

...even I was surprised at the number of enthusiasts who came to see and conquer. Amongst whom were at least a thousand Vancouver fans who think nothing of travelling to support the ever-improving 'Caps.

Ach Scarlet, come back to me when your team has the 2 highest official travelling support records in MLS !!!!

5000 fans --> 338 miles to Montreal this year

2500 fans --> 427 miles, across the border to Columbus, Ohio in 2009

tfcscarf.giftfcscarf.giftfcscarf.giftfcscarf.giftfcscarf.giftfcscarf.gif

Didnt go to Columbus, but was in Montreal this year ... thousands made a weekend of it but the club also put on 10 supporters buses, so I made the trip on one of them and went there and back in one long day.

Lucky sod. I've always yearned to go to Montreal, even for a weekend.

Romantic and awe -inspiring city eh?

And I could have titillated the locals with my French and done a titivating touch-up job on it too. Sure needs it.

Comment Allez vous, Monsieur Pimple.

Moi? Ah, mais oui, Je  cherche le Scotty en le pont D'Avignon.

Mais non, Monsieur il est possible que vous avoir besoin d'une Cartograph a trouver Avignon , une ville quelle est situee  beaucoup de kilometers du le sud de cette place.

Or something like that.  O.K. O.K. I know Scotty can do it better than OWD Scarlet but he lives closer to Montreal,... so there! :happy: