2013/14 expectations

Doofer

I am sure i started a similar topic last season so why not start it for this one as well. What are peoples expectations for the pending season? Personally i think the aim has to be for top 6 football. We did very well to finish 4th last season and for a club like our own, that was a massive achievement and one i am sure we are all proud of. Although i would be delighted to finish so high up the table again i think my realists brain has kicked in and top 6 would be great again. There are clearly poorer quality teams than us in the league and should be nowhere near the relegation zone. Hopefully these lads TB has signed are all future Lionel Messi's in the making.

My goal for this season - Top 6

As ever....my hopes for the season are simply to stay up. I think normal service will be resumed this season. i think last season was a one off. i reckon we will finnish somewhere from 8th to 10th

Push for Top 6 minimum, although I see Dons & DUtd being stronger this season that for several years, Well will be weaker but still good enough for top 6 along with Celtic winning the League. I think along with County & St J we will be fighting over those last 2 places, but hoping the experience of players last year and a few new gems we could punch above our weight yet again. Really dont see us struggling at the bottom thankfully, Hearts with their issues, , Midden & Kille both losing a lot f players, Thistle and the ever woeful Hibs will all be down there IMO.

At least 1 good cup run (by good I mean another semi final) but to at least make the QF in both. Personally I would trade Top 6 for a cup final.

It's tempting to say that we should be doing the same if not better than last season, but you've got to remember that we have lost our 2 internationals and replaced them with non-league players. Meanwhile, the bigger budget clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs and even Dundee Utd surely cannot be as bad as they were, and will all be starting the season with expectations of a top 3 place.

Top 6 please, and we are long overdue a trip to Hampden.

Top 6 and a Cup run would be fine. But more importantly our TogetherNess must should be carried on, and those people who went OTB for the novelty factor last season should be brought back to TCS. Let's aim for a 4800+ average crowd!

Edited by Rainbow
  • Agree 1

Finish above County, whatever the cost!  :protest:

In all seriousness i would like us to at least make a push for the top 6 again, if we can get the squad gelled over pre season and get off to a good start (which would be rare) then it is definitely achievable. Got a team full of lads eager to make a mark on this league and there is a lot more competition within the squad for places. Really excited by the potential within the squad, just hope its realised. Roll on 13/14  :bananallama:

I think the aim is of course to stay up but I think we will make top 6 again, I'm pretty sure that with almost the same team, just a few changes, that we will get it if we can go on another good few runs. I think last season will of been a better one just because of the squad we thought we had doing so well but this season I think there is more expectation there tbh. I think we will stay up, i think we will get top 6 and i think a good cup run is on the cards. League position for me: 6th

I'd like to think that after last seasons success, we can stop aiming to just stay up and look to retain a top six finish from now on.  With Hearts in disarray, I think the drop is extremely unlikely and just hoping to stay up is setting the bar for success awfully low.  We've retained the majority of our squad from last season and hopefully have added to it and replaced those that left.  Motherwell have lost far more and who were of a better quality of their key players than we have, as have Ross County (who I think'll have a tougher season this time around), while Hibs and Partick don't look particularly fantastic.

Of course, right now I'd take a sixth place finish, but it would be nice now to look higher and aim for that, than looking down to just stay off the bottom.

I think with Hearts melting down they are definitely bottom six, I can't see St Mirren or Hibs push for top six with their squads either and tbh Motherwell will be quite lucky if they even get top six with there decimation of there team. Ross County are the same and I struggle to see Partick in the top half. Kilmarnock have a strong squad but I can't tell if it will be this season or next they start to lose all there money. Those are 7 teams I am confident we will finish above. As much as I dislike these two, I still think with the signings they have made Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will make top six, as long as Utd can hold onto certain players and maybe buy a striker. I am not sire about St Johnstone as they are always very unpredictable but then there is Celtic of course. I can see a possible third placed finish. Not being too confidetn though

I hope for the same as I do every SPL/SPFL season and that is to still be there next season. At times last season I think we punched very much above our weight but think we can do as well as, if not better, than last season and a visit to Hampden for a cup final would be a bonus.

Expectation? Top Six ........ but as IHE noted, there are several 'SMART' goals to be achieved. Winning the SPL is a 'pipedream' so not one of the 'smart' goals.

1. Avoid relegation (for obvious reasons)

2. Finish above County (shadows and all that)

3. Top Six (better gates for last 5 games)

4. Good run in SFA and/or League Cup (potential UEFA qualification and additional non-budgeted money in coffers)

5. Top 3 (European qualification - the logical next step in ICT's development)

6. Top 2 (mucho dinero as league payment + European qualification)

If we can achieve the first 3 I will be reasonably happy. 1-4 would be very good, and if we get to 5 or 6 then Terry has to get the keys to the city !

• Agree 3

My expectations for the coming season are that a lot of people on this forum will find plenty to moan about and that others will moan about them having a moan.

My expectation for the team is between 5th and 7th although I will be disappointed if we are not in the hunt for a European place at the end of the season either through the league or a cup run.  I think Scotty sums up the goals for the season well.