S Mackay,Greig

No Inverness team posted

Brora twitter.............1-0 to Brora, Zander Sutherland 40m

Brora Rangers @brorarangers 

Goal Brora Zander 1-0 (40mins)

HT 1-0 Brora

Goal Caley Thistle 1-1

Brora pressing hard now for the winner............

1-1 FT

Pretty poor losing that with a relatively strong side.

To be fair to our players this fixture is one they dont really want to be in so close to start of season. Nobody wants to risk injury in a game that has more meaning for HL teams than it does for us.

To be fair to our players this fixture is one they dont really want to be in so close to start of season. Nobody wants to risk injury in a game that has more meaning for HL teams than it does for us.

I would have thought these fringe players would be putting in all the more effort to catch management's eye just prior to the start of the league season.

What complete rubbish if any of our players don't want to play in these games they frankly shouldn't be at the club

If this was the case then why do we play numerous Highland league clubs every pre season

In my opinion Brora will be challenging for the title come May, show some respect!!!

Dougal

Guest Mahonio

Brora challenging for the title  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ?

I think they will have a good season but they WON'T challenge the likes of Cove, Deveronvale, Huntly, Buckie and co.

I think they will have a good season but they WON'T challenge the likes of Cove, Deveronvale, Huntly, Buckie and co.

'the likes of Deveronvale, Huntly, Buckie and co.' are very much considered also-rans by bookmakers Ladbrokes. Interestingly, they have 4 teams as joint favourites...one of which is Brora!!

Ladbrokes odds

Brora  10/3

Cove Rangers  10/3

Formartine United  10/3

Nairn County 10/3

Wick Academy 9/1

Clachnacuddin  12/1

Forres Mechanics  16/1

Deveronvale  20/1

Inverurie Loco Works 20/1

Fraserburgh  25/1

Buckie Thistle  33/1

Keith  50/1

Turiff United 50/1

Huntly  66/1

Rothes  100/1

Lossiemouth  150/1

Strathspey Thistle 200/1

Fort William  500/1

Guest Mahonio

Hmm, thats very interesting odds to be honest, Wick at 9/1 seems a good one to have, Forres at 16/1 is also odd.

I reckon Nairn may win HL this season and despite low odds, i reckon Forres, Buckie, Fraserburgh, Deveronvale, Huntly and Keith will have good seasons, i still maintain both Wick and Brora will have good seasons but won't finish ahead of at least Nairn, Buckie or Forres, may finish above the other teams i mentioned, if wrong, i will apologise ok :wink:.

Edited by Mahonio

What's really funny is that you think Huntly and Buckie will be challenging!!!!!!

Do you even watch Academy or do you get your highland league knowledge from the local press?

The standard of the Highland league is continuing to improve year after year and the money in the game in the north is quite remarkable

The fact that the likes of Elgin City can't hold onto players when Highland League teams come in says it all

Brora will be challenging this year whether the Caithness yokels like it or not

In fact I'd quite like to take in the Brora v Wick derby game at Dudgeon park as it should be a cracker

Dougal

Guest Mahonio

Hey, there is no need for that, i am allowed an opinion and if you don't like it then TOUGH, stop this personal criticism, seems like some on this forum haven't changed since my last post!!!!

In fact, i will probably be pulled up for this girn more than you guys for this criticism.

I told you i'd admit i was wrong IF Brora challenged, that should have been the end of this conversation but no, some arses decide to take it further, sorry if i come across as raging but I am!!

Edited by Mahonio