Mikey diamond

maimie

I remember so well, myself, Michael and Ian Chisholm making our way down to every home game from St Valery Avenue, where we all lived, possibly from the late 50s and certainly through the 60s to the Caley Park via the Bumpers lane.

Michael was Caley through and through and certainly a gentleman, who would never hurt a fly.

So sad to hear of his passing at only 64, Caley and ICT have lost one of its best supporters.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Here's the Twitter accounts of two one of the thieves.

https://twitter.com/iJustJordie

https://twitter.com/Sup3rs0nic1884

I see these geniuses have blanked the faces out, yet have photos of themselves for all to see on their own pages.  Morons.

Surely both ICT and St Johnstone should get the police involved.  Theft is theft.

Edited by Renegade

I don't see how stealing people's property is 'banter'.  Even if the flag's returned, I'd still ban them from the Caley Stadium for life.

I realise that but I doubt there would have been such a fuss if it hadn't been this flag tbh. Anyway let's hope it gets returned safely now.

What a bunch of wallopers. Steal a flag then pose with it upside down!

Another bunch of bellends who've watched Green Street too many times and think they're some kind of casuals.

Edited by RiG

I'm sure there are lads within our ranks who, if the opportunity arose, would have tried the same gag. These lads didn't know the significance of this flag and have apologised. I'm sure it'll be returned in one piece so I dont think anyone should get on their high horse about it.

I'm sure there are lads within our ranks who, if the opportunity arose, would have tried the same gag. These lads didn't know the significance of this flag and have apologised. I'm sure it'll be returned in one piece so I dont think anyone should get on their high horse about it.

Think I might come round to your house then and steal some of your things, just for laughs and that!  :rolleyes:

• Agree 1

The idea behind stealing flags comes from the Ultra culture in European football - an Ultras group were supposed to disband if someone else nicked their flag.  The idea being that you would storm their end and beat them in a fight until you could swipe their flag.  I'm guessing that this didn't happen in this case :lol:

• Agree 3

What a bunch of wallopers. Steal a flag then pose with it upside down! .

Like Chris says its an 'Ultra' thing. Ultras across europe upload pics of stolen flags and banners and hang it upside down because its a sign of 'dishonour' supposedly or somthing retarded like that. However im fairly confident the old 'Super Saintee' mascot is more ultra than those pr1cks

Another bunch of bellends who've watched Green Street too many times and think they're some kind of casuals.

A tad harsh having a go at Saints fans considering the behaviour of some of our fans over the years, think all clubs have a moronic section albeit some have more than others

Take it you have forgotten about the near riot on the train back to Inverness after the lights out derby despite you helping the British transport police with their enquiries

Dougal

The flag will apparently be handed over to Steve Brown early in the week.  The guys I have spoken to are very apologetic and as I said before, they did not realise the significance of the flag.  There were other flags there I think and they picked it at random.  I've spoken to someone from ICT, and the club will be confirming this week with St Johnstone that the flag has been handed in.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

What a bunch of wallopers. Steal a flag then pose with it upside down! .

Like Chris says its an 'Ultra' thing. Ultras across europe upload pics of stolen flags and banners and hang it upside down because its a sign of 'dishonour' supposedly or somthing retarded like that. However im fairly confident the old 'Super Saintee' mascot is more ultra than those pr1cks

Yeah I saw the post - never knew that! There seems to be a desire to try and bring back some kind of "casual" presence at games. Mostly by spotty oiks wearing Stone Island clobber. Pretty cringeworthy. As enjoyable as the displays, atmosphere etc. generated by Ultras can be at games across Europe I think that kind of stuff has long gone from our game.

A tad harsh having a go at Saints fans considering the behaviour of some of our fans over the years, think all clubs have a moronic section albeit some have more than others

Take it you have forgotten about the near riot on the train back to Inverness after the lights out derby despite you helping the British transport police with their enquiries

Dougal

Hi Dougal. Bit creepy that you are following me around on other forums now isn't it?

Anyway, have you found out season ticket numbers for ICT v Ross County yet? It's been a while now but I'm sure you'll eventually back up one of your many bold statements you make on this forum :smile:

They are casuals and were about a long time before Green Street .

I think we're getting our wires crossed here. The Saint Johnstone "casuals" that stole the flag haven't been about for a very long time at all. They are all wee laddies.