Walter Smith quits Rangers!

Sneckboy

I just feel this Rangers business, has gone on long enough. It is not good for football in Scotland, It is not helping the top division, It is not helping Glasgow. I can't see how it is helping anybody. 

What about all the people (particularly women) who haven't been battered due to having no Old Firm matches, which are renowned for huge spikes in violence?  

Is this question Rhetorical ? Do you really expect me to answer it, Or are you just showing your own views ? How am I supposed to know about violence to women, children or anybody else. I suggest you contact Glasgow home for battered wives or the Police.

I have a very unpopular view on Rangers.

You are right with your first sentence Laurence :wink:

If you go through life , whether it be at work, or  with the girls, or anything else worrying  about being popular, what are you?

I have always said, " be your own man, think for yourself, and believe in yourself". If you get ridiculed for your beliefs then tough.  You are entitled to have your beliefs.

Anyone who watches Westerns knows lynch mob mentality never works.

I am no Rangers fan by any stretch, I was brought up in highly  Catholic Lancashire by Irish nuns, I sang " Hail Glorious St. Patrick ", in assembly at school every morning.  I was taught to detest protestants above all else.

I just feel this Rangers business, has gone on long enough. It is not good for football in Scotland, It is not helping the top division, It is not helping Glasgow. I can't see how it is helping anybody.  I think the sooner we get back to the status quo , the sooner Scotland can get a national team to be proud of.

I can see that young men glory in a  fallen giant, we all had a good laugh, but how long before we realise we have created a false set up.

As Douglas Bader, told the Germans " Rules were made for fools, and the guidance of wise men ".

Maybe the men are not wise, or they implemented the rules without guidance. I am not the oracle, I just say it as I see it. 

Don't know how to tell you this Laurence, but Rangers died, went out of business, the big L, kaput.

There is no status quo to go back to, and who would want that back anyway?

Most of us are relishing the moment and looking forward to something other than the past of sectarianism and outright cheating.

I just feel this Rangers business, has gone on long enough. It is not good for football in Scotland, It is not helping the top division, It is not helping Glasgow. I can't see how it is helping anybody. 

What about all the people (particularly women) who haven't been battered due to having no Old Firm matches, which are renowned for huge spikes in violence?  

Is this question Rhetorical ? Do you really expect me to answer it, Or are you just showing your own views ? How am I supposed to know about violence to women, children or anybody else. I suggest you contact Glasgow home for battered wives or the Police.

It's a well known fact that violence in the West of Scotland skyrockets when the OF play each other, so much so that just last year (or possibly the end of the one before), Strathclyde Police said they would ban OF derbys if they could.  There was even a study out the other day, that said when Celtic play any match, violent crime in Glasgow goes up 3%, while when The Rangers play it goes up 10%!

Scottish society would be miles better with this repulsive double act.

Sources

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/83607-domestic-violence-spikes-after-old-firm-matches/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14978841

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday-2-7506/old-firm-absence-leads-to-drop-in-domestic-violence-1-2841538

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17535376

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/231594-call-for-old-firm-matches-ban-by-police-officers-leader/

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Lawrence, if you wonder why the "lynch mob" sometimes have a pop at you, this illustrates the reasons perfectly.  You put a post on here and whilst you acknowledge it is not a popular view you provide no evidence to justify it.  Then when someone  responds with a valid reason why they think you are wrong and suggests you consider that point, you come sniping back with a "do you really expect me to answer it?"  Well actually, I do.  Renegade has provided evidence for his statement relating to a situation which is actually pretty well known.  It is evidence which suggests that the longer the new club with the same old moronic support is kept away from the top flight of scottish football, the better it will be for the women of Glasgow.

Of course you are entitled to air your views but please have the good grace to give some reasoned argument to support what you recognise to be an unpopular view.  As I said before, whether some of us like it or not, the Rangers will be in the top division all too soon.  It may not be as quick as you would like but it is arguably a lot quicker than it should have been.  And it is not the wider footballing community which is keeping them out - they are being kept out because of the way they went about their business.  They are lucky their assets were not split up and sold off to different parties.  The new club has acquired a fully functioning infrastructure for way below market price whilst creditors of the old disgraced club are left with next to nothing.  The Rangers are lucky to be in Division 2.  To suggest the footballing community should somehow connive to bend the rules to allow them into the top flight at the expense of clubs who play by the rules is not only nonsense, it is offensive nonsense.  I would respectfully suggest you either come up with some sound arguments to support your bizarre suggestion or withdraw it.

• Agree 6

I have a very unpopular view on Rangers. I definitely feel it is time they were back in business big time.

The great city of Glasgow needs two big rival teams, Scotland needs Rangers, finances need Rangers.

I feel enough is enough. All the silly infighting should cease and things should get back to - need  I say it " Normal".

I really feel that it is time to get Rangers back into the top division. One way or another.

Managers have been mentioned, who is good enough to take this once great monolith in footballing terms by the scruff of the neck.

I don't think Terry is half way there and I believe he would be a total failure.  I have in mind a Harry Rednap, Tony Pullis , Neil Warnock, or such like a man who would not take any old buck. So if Rangers have any sense at all forget the old stagers like Terry and get a real hard guy.

I think there is already 3 teams in the Premier Div in Glasgow if you count Paisey

I don't get your point

I am saying we need Rangers back. Plain and simple. A Great City needs top teams.

I have a very unpopular view on Rangers.

You are right with your first sentence Laurence :wink:

If you go through life , whether it be at work, or  with the girls, or anything else worrying  about being popular, what are you?

I have always said, " be your own man, think for yourself, and believe in yourself". If you get ridiculed for your beliefs then tough.  You are entitled to have your beliefs.

Anyone who watches Westerns knows lynch mob mentality never works.

I am no Rangers fan by any stretch, I was brought up in highly  Catholic Lancashire by Irish nuns, I sang " Hail Glorious St. Patrick ", in assembly at school every morning.  I was taught to detest protestants above all else.

I just feel this Rangers business, has gone on long enough. It is not good for football in Scotland, It is not helping the top division, It is not helping Glasgow. I can't see how it is helping anybody.  I think the sooner we get back to the status quo , the sooner Scotland can get a national team to be proud of.

I can see that young men glory in a  fallen giant, we all had a good laugh, but how long before we realise we have created a false set up.

As Douglas Bader, told the Germans " Rules were made for fools, and the guidance of wise men ".

Maybe the men are not wise, or they implemented the rules without guidance. I am not the oracle, I just say it as I see it. 

post-4861-0-08677100-1375998664.png

Troll don't think so

I am an Ent if anything

I have been asked to comment on violence in Glasgow

I refused because I know   nothing about it, just like if I was asked about violence in the Milan derby, or the Istanbul conflicts which I am told is worse.?

Do we abandon football games , because the police struggle to do their jobs.

Edited by Laurence

I have a very unpopular view on Rangers. I definitely feel it is time they were back in business big time.

The great city of Glasgow needs two big rival teams, Scotland needs Rangers, finances need Rangers.

I feel enough is enough. All the silly infighting should cease and things should get back to - need  I say it " Normal".

I really feel that it is time to get Rangers back into the top division. One way or another.

Managers have been mentioned, who is good enough to take this once great monolith in footballing terms by the scruff of the neck.

I don't think Terry is half way there and I believe he would be a total failure.  I have in mind a Harry Rednap, Tony Pullis , Neil Warnock, or such like a man who would not take any old buck. So if Rangers have any sense at all forget the old stagers like Terry and get a real hard guy.

In your first couple of sentences you are probably right. However, the "silly infighting" is nothing to do with Scottish football and plenty to do with power struggles within The Rangers. I'm quite sure The Rangers will get into the top flight again but theres only one way that can happen. Promotion through the leagues. The original company went to the wall. A new company was formed that took over the assets of the old and applied to join the Scottish league system. As is only right they started at the same place as we did when we applied. We had to work our way up and so should they.

• Agree 1

Troll don't think so

I am an Ent if anything

I have been asked to comment on violence in Glasgow

I refused because I know   nothing about it, just like if I was asked about violence in the Milan derby, or the Istanbul conflicts which I am told is worse.?

Do we abandon football games , because the police struggle to do their jobs.

You claimed that you couldn't see how The Rangers not being in the top tier helped anyone.  I told you that a lot of people haven't been battered as a result of OF related violence and provided sources to prove it, even though it is widely known anyway.  It seems to me that because you don't know anything about it, it makes my point invalid.

To be honest, it's hard to make out whether you are a troll, or just an ignoramus. 

A Troll --Old Norse /Swedish.. Oxford Englandterre Dictionary states :

From Scandinavian Folklore:             Fabulous being, especially a giant or dwarf dwelling in a cave,   

OR

To sing out carefree jovial manner .      

OR

To Fish by drawing bait along in the water..

That's not so bad then, so we can now all relax. :smile:

On second thought Scottish football needs a strong The Rangers, they should be afforded every possible form of help to make sure they can regain their rightful place* After all I'm sure the same help would be afforded ICT should we have found our club in their situation.

*Actually I hope they end up in admin again, if they died a second time that would be even funnier than the first.

thunderbirds-laughing-o.gif

Fraz.

Sorry, I disagree . Scottish Football needs a resurgence of interest and perhaps lower prices not a re-appearance of "The Rangers" who attracted incorrect decisions in their favour, too much money out of the pot and a host of other negative things.

If they can crawl back into the top flight so be it but help them.?

Heh, we have never had such an opportunity to get out from under the stupefying shadow of the big as we do at this juncture of the emergence and flowering of the new Scottish Football model "One for all and all for one. Without them we have more space to expand and grow stronger IMHO.

The next big team will be the Pride of the Highlands ...ICT. :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Fraz.

Sorry, I disagree . Scottish Football needs a resurgence of interest and perhaps lower prices not a re-appearance of "The Rangers" who attracted incorrect decisions in their favour, too much money out of the pot and a host of other negative things.

If they can crawl back into the top flight so be it but help them.?

Heh, we have never had such an opportunity to get out from under the stupefying shadow of the big as we do at this juncture of the emergence and flowering of the new Scottish Football model "One for all and all for one. Without them we have more space to expand and grow stronger IMHO.

The next big team will be the Pride of the Highlands ...ICT. :ictscarf:

My comment was facetious SP.

I think there is already 3 teams in the Premier Div in Glasgow if you count Paisey

I don't get your point

I am saying we need Rangers back. Plain and simple. A Great City needs top teams.

I doubt many will agree with you Laurence! I don't.......sorry I agree with Laurence. I far prefer going to Ibrox than these anti-poppy fann-ies

I was challenged on the violence issue, a subject I know little about

So my research came up with this

I still think it is a wider aspect of life than football - Maybe education at school level is the best we can hope for.

http://thosewhowillnotbedrowned.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/just-another-saturday-sunday-tuesday-wednesday-night-in-glasgow/

A Troll --Old Norse /Swedish.. Oxford Englandterre Dictionary states :

From Scandinavian Folklore:             Fabulous being, especially a giant or dwarf dwelling in a cave,   

OR

To sing out carefree jovial manner .      

OR

To Fish by drawing bait along in the water..

That's not so bad then, so we can now all relax. :smile:

A Troll was a copy of an Ent manufactured by the Dark Lord

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Ents

• Agree 1

Laurence, the violence mentioned above is not the sectarian type where rivals face each other. Its the cowardly acts of violence towards partners and children because their team got beat.

Thank goodness it's never happened with any ICT players.  Quite sure no legends were getting cheered whilst being accused of exactly the same crime.