England Squad For Scotland game

Laurence

That was only my second trip to 'new' Wembley.  Previous visit was for an EFL2 play-off final where the crowd was only c40k  With double that crowd last night I was really impressed with the crowd management arrangements, both from the Wembley staff, and especially the railway staff at the local Wembley Stadium rail station.  Getting in and out was absolutely no problem.  We were actually on a train, on the way home, within 15 mins of game finishing.

As to the game itself, Scotland did better than many expected, took their goals well, and, had they been more organised at defending from set pieces, an upset was not out of the question.  Just briefly, a couple of times, memories of 1967 came back to me!.

Rooney did himself no favours 'in the shop window', and I thought it was ironic that his replacement, Lambert, scored with virtually his first touch of the ball.

Tartan army did themselves proud all through the game, and in our section, where we were vastly outnumbered by home supporters, there was some great banter between us, all good natured, and the stewards kept a low profile, not bothering about folks standing up for long periods.