Player Sponsorship 2013/14

Scotty

First things first ... mucho apologies for this thread starting ever so late. I have had a lot of things happening this summer and this one slipped my mind .......

Player we are sponsoring - To be confirmed but main sponsorship likely GRAEME SHINNIE Home Top. If we reach the milestones required we will look to add sponsorship for other players for 'lesser' items and from the list of available players, and our preponderence to sponsor younger up and coming players we may look to add boots/training top or such like from Liam Polworth or Ryan Christie

The cost to sponsor a player is as follows:

• Home Shirt - £375 +vat (450)
  • Away Shirt - £TBC +vat
  • Training Top - £150 +vat (180)
  • Boots - £150 +vat (180)

To take part in this sponsorship you will need to upgrade your site membership and join the "Player Sponsor" group. We in turn will use the money received from these memberships (minus paypal fees) to purchase player sponsorships from the club.

The cost to join this group is £11.00 (this amounts to £10.00 joining fee plus £1 to cover the aforementioned paypal fees). You may if you wish purchase multiple memberships, just amend the total in your shopping cart and add a note when placing the order if it is to cover family members who may not officially be site members !!!

To join the group simply go to this page http://caleythistleonline.com/store/ or access the CTO Store from the main menu at the top (under features). All our site membership upgrades are handled securely via Paypal which will accept direct payment from the majority of credit/debit cards so it should be easy enough to upgrade your membership whether you live in Sneck or somewhere thousands of miles from there.

As with previous years, we hope to have a couple of options in place for those who may be joining manually at the pub or when speaking to a mod or admin in person ... more details to follow once we work it out !!! If you are joining manually you can ignore the extra £1 fee.

Once we know how many members have joined the group, we will make a decision on what gets sponsored. The first item will be the selected player's Home Kit ... but the more members who upgrade to "Player Sponsor" membership, the more we can sponsor. At the end of the season, members of our sponsor group will be selected at random to receive any gifts we may receive from the club ......

If you are interested, please add your name to this thread or go ahead and join the sponsor group. You will be marked as paid.png once we confirm payment received via membership upgrade or more traditional means ....

EDIT: Just to clarify a point one or two people have asked about ....

Technically the payment is listed as a 'subscription' when you pay, but that is internal to this site only and is done this way so that in a year's time it will generate an invoice on here allowing existing members to renew (if they wish) or to let it expire. Renewal (or not) is at the user's discretion and as far as paypal is concerned its a one-off payment and there will be no automatic re-billing from their side.

You can easily double check after making payment in paypal. Look at your payments made and make sure it does not note that a subscription was created. I disabled paypal subscriptions for this item so there should be no chance of it doing that for any future payments. If for some reason it has (and again, I say it should not), then you can cancel the subscription without cancelling the payment right inside paypal.

I think a couple of users (RossP, Caley Mad In Berks) may have been caught out with this before I had switched off the paypal element of the subscriptions, but for those users you need take no action, I have cancelled the recurring subscriptions from within our paypal account and you can choose to renew next year or not without automatic re-billing. I will also cancel any others that I see but these should no longer occur now that I switched off the paypal portion of subscription.

Pledged / Paid List

01. Scotty paid.png
02. CaleyD paid.png
03. Tichy Black's Back paid.png
04. Cal's Thistle paid.png
05. Caley Mad in Berks paid.png
06. RossP paid.png
07. Alex MacLeod paid.png
08. Aileen MacLeod paid.png
09. Weeman paid.png
10. The Sponge paid.png
11. The Sponge paid.png
12. The Sponge paid.png
13. Fraz paid.png
14. Fraz (Gillian) paid.png
15. Fraz (Sarah) paid.png
16. ilpadrino paid.png
17. Caley100 notpaid.png
18. Caleystan notpaid.png
---------------------------------- reached level for sponsorship of boots or training top ----------------------------------
19. Eye Settee paid.png
20. Miss ICT paid.png
21. Petal paid.png
22. Gabby paid.png
23. Jagster paid.png
24. Govan Jaggie notpaid.png
25. Old Caley Girl paid.png
26. tm4tj paid.png
27. tm4tj paid.png
28. tm4tj paid.png
29. finmack paid.png
30. Oddquine paid.png
31. Oddquine paid.png
32. PandB paid.png
33. 12th Man paid.png
34. Wyness 101 paid.png
35. ICT29 paid.png
36. Bughtmaster paid.png
37. Ellie Jo paid.png
38. Luvgravy paid.png
39. Luvgravy paid.png
40. Luvgravy paid.png
41. KingBeastie paid.png
42. The Mantis paid.png
43. Ponton20 paid.png
===========================================our target (Home Top)===========================================

Edited by Scotty
updated
  • Agree 1

yup, think I got everyone added now ... we have almost reached the level for sponsorship of boots or a training top, but would like to get to the same level as previous years with a Home Top.

For those that joined our sponsor group in 11/12 and 12/13 I do have to apologise at the lack of a draw to see who is going to get the items we received. I have a list of members from each year and the items are securely stored (in Inverness) and I hope to do one of those online randomizer draws shortly so that everyone can see it is above board ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scotty Ive now paid. Gave to Caley D on saturday.

OK. thanks. I did see a paypal payment made by CaleyD over the weekend but have not had a chance to check with him yet .....