Billy Sharp

Caley Mad In Berks

I see he has just joined Reading on a 3 month loan.  He was a regular goal scorer for Scunthorpe and Doncaster a few years ago, but less so in the past couple of years with Notts Forest and Southampton.

I'm actually going to Reading v Birmingham tomorrow, so it will be interesting on two fronts -

a) to see if Billy Sharp is as sharp as our Billy, and

b) to see if Andrew Shinnie gets on for Brum.  He has been a bench warmer of late, so I'm not optimistic that I'll see him.  Maybe I'll take my ICT scarf to wave at him.

I'd hardly call him a 'bench-warmer' at Birmingham! He's started in 5 of their 8 league games.

Maybe so, but out of Birmingham's last 5 matches (including Capital One cup), Shinnie has started in only 2, and been on the field for less than 1 hour in each of them. In the other 3 games he has been an unused sub in 2 of them, and got on for 7 mins in the other.  Not exactly what you'd expect if he is to make a first team berth his own, is it?

Nevertheless, I still hope I see him on the field at least some of the time tomorrow.

Alas, Shinnie didn't get on even though Birmingham used all 3 subs, so it would appear he is well down the pecking order at the moment.

Even Reading's new boy, Billy Sharp, didn't get on.  Mind you, there was no need for him as Reading's big Russian up front, Podrebnyak, played very well.

I spent much of the game on my phone checking up on ICT's match, so I left the ground with a smile on my face, just like all the Reading fans around me. They were not to know it was for a different reason! 

I'd hardly call him a 'bench-warmer' at Birmingham! He's started in 5 of their 8 league games.

Maybe so, but out of Birmingham's last 5 matches (including Capital One cup), Shinnie has started in only 2, and been on the field for less than 1 hour in each of them. In the other 3 games he has been an unused sub in 2 of them, and got on for 7 mins in the other.  Not exactly what you'd expect if he is to make a first team berth his own, is it?

Nevertheless, I still hope I see him on the field at least some of the time tomorrow.

28 Sep not used away to Reading

25 Sep 8 mins home to Swansea

21 Sep not used home to Sheff Wed

17 sep not used away to Burnley

14 Sep 55 mins away to QPR

31 Aug 58 mins home to Ipswich

27 Aug 87 mins away Yeovil (scored)

Not sure if thats cos Shinnies down the pecking order or if Birmingham are struggling to find the right combination at the minute. there results have been a bit erratic of late.