• Announcements

• Scotty

GAME OFF   11/21/2017

Tonight's game V Brechin City has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The pitch failed a 2:30 inspection and the info below was posted on twitter by the official club account :   
Sign in to follow this  
IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

A Picture of Heaven

I wonder how many of them were still alive five years later? Alex Main's "Caley All The Way", which has this photo on P33, lists on P34 no fewer than 12 Caley players, committee etc who died in WW1.

RESPECT

A HIGHLAND League legend is to be honoured by his hometown club on Saturday – a decade after he passed away.

Davy Johnston, who scored 286 goals in 279 appearances for Nairn County and 156 goals for Inverness Caledonian in 188 games, has had a new enclosure named after him at Station Park – a stone’s throw from the house where he grew up in Nairn’s Shanghai housing scheme.

The enclosure was completed earlier this year after three years of fundraising by the club and its fans.

It cost more than £100,000 to construct with the Nairn supporters contributing £56,000 and the rest being made up from the contributions of benefactors, Highland Council and the Co-op Community Fund.

There was also a significant effort made by the club’s previous main sponsors Narden – both financial and in free labour hours – towards the project, with the additional contribution of a substantial, four-figure sum towards the settlement of the final invoice upon their summer departure on top of all previous investment.

Fans were invited to choose a name for the enclosure and County legend Johnston, who scored 73 goals in 46 games during the 1963/64 season for Nairn, came out at the top of the poll. He died in 2004 but his goalscoring exploits remain part of Highland League folklore.

Celebrations will be held to mark the naming of the new enclosure on Saturday when Nairn County play Rothes in the Highland League, with former players invited to join.

Legend.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

GOAL.jpg

Uniquely in the history of strikers, Urquhart has admitted publicly elsewhere that he didn't actually score that goal and was only celebrating it, not claiming it! Can't remember who he said did score it now? Ray MacKintosh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRn2D-FMzYs

Rory Gallagher plays the Howden End!!

I was looking for something else, and stumbled across this.  Just over 2 minutes of silent colour film of Taste playing at Telford Street in 1970.  (Wrongly captioned as being at Clach's ground.)   I have never seen this before.  There are a couple of quick sweeps of the ground, but you won't recognise anyone.

By coincidence, tomorrow, March 1st, is the 44th anniversary of his legendary show in the Caley Hotel - my first proper rock gig.  I thought they were all going to be like that!

And March 2nd would have been his 69th birthday. 

Still sorely missed.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

NEWS FLASH - Charlie Bannerman has mastered FaceBook :crazy:

Not quite. I have on a couple of occasions managed to put a private message on the person's... is it "timeline" you call it?

1955.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954–55_Scottish_Cup#Fifth_round

Result was 1-1. Caley won the replay 2-4, and then got tanked 0-7 by Falkirk.

Accepting advertising from the competition - "George B Rodgers ex Chelsea FC" :amazed:     I suppose his money was as good as anyone else's :wink:

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
Definitely 1955, not "probably".