Real Madrid Want Gauld

I've heard rumours that Real Madrid are interested in signing Ryan Gauld from Dundee Utd and watched him against Partick in the league cup. If these rumours are true, do you think that these big clubs are really starting to realise (or just think) that we have actually got good young talent up here? I've also heard about Sunderland offering Dundee Utd £500k for John Souttar. We too seem to be producing good young players (Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie, Liam Polworth etc.) and maybe we will earn a bit of cash through them aswell in the future. Any thoughts on this matter?

Has always puzzled me why Scotland hasn't provided a world class player in the last 30 odd years.

But Jack Harper (Real Madrid) and Islam Feruz (Chelsea) are the first twinkles of light in a deep, dark recess where, like Sauron or Voldemort, Scottish football has been festering, clammy and rancid. But of late, there are murmurings, that there are players, the likes we haven't seen since the Clangers, emerging, slowly, like dewy snowdrops. Gauld speed. We are the new Belgium.

Edited by Kirishima
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...