Brew a Gull

bauhaus

I see that Craig Brewster has landed a coaching role at Brighton and Hove Albion. Probably the biggest club he will have worked for, after ICT. Not had much luck lately, maybe that will change, as they have the potential of getting into the play offs.

First spell with us, Brewster was good. But he made the mistake of returning!

Or rather the board did, in re-employing him!...after his dreadful time at Tannadice!

All our managers have had success in different ways.

Brewster's 2nd spell didn't work and I think he lost the faith of the players. Apart from Proctor. Brewster had no trouble inserting him at weekends. On the team sheet.

Butcher then arrived and almost saved us from relegation.

I think his 2nd spell here all but killed his management career. Should never have come back and should never have left for Dundee United in the first place. 

Dosent have the personality to make a good manager but there is no questioning his coaching abilities and his regime for fitness. He will probably do well as a coach. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I see that Craig Brewster has landed a coaching role at Brighton and Hove Albion.

Earlier this month Brewster became Assistant Manager at Whitehawk FC. They might sound American, but they are a team based in Brighton.

... I almost ended up running a pub in Brighton in my early 20s. Was offered a position at the Whitehawk Inn as a trainee landlord with a view to taking over from the guy who was in charge at the time within the next 12 months as he had "burnt out". The pub made the likes of the Lochiel or Thornbush look like the Ritz Carlton !! Metal bars on all the windows, pool table bolted to the floor but no cues or pool balls in case locals used them in a fight. Grills on the bar at all time not just when closing with punters passing money through a gap in the grill before receiving their pint, and the bar staff did not venture out to collect glasses or empty ashtrays until the end of the night .... really really rough !!!  Needless to say I did not take the job after spending a single night drinking in the lounge (not as bad but still grim) and eventually, later that year the owner had to be rescued by police after taking potshots at locals from an upstairs window with an air rifle !!! The bar doesnt exist now, it is now a community centre or something, but that is (or was) a really really rough estate in a very downtrodden area of Brighton.

I thought this thread was going to tell me how to make some new type of beer.

Brewster was well thought of at Crawley and done a good job their, including caretaker for a few games. Unfortunately Crawley couldnt afford to keep him on. I believe he is a very good coach but not so good as a manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Whitehawk, but I wouldn't rule out that he might still doing stuff for Brighton too (it was only U15s he was coaching there). There's no official mention of him leaving Brighton, but then again there was nothing about him ever joining either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...