DoofersDad

I see that Gary Weir scored all EIGHT goals for Wick against Fort William!

The Wick academy website has posted the following:-

"Gary Weir broke the Club record today as he scored all 8 Academy goals in our 8-1 win over visitors Fort William. The previous highest scoring record in a single game was by Richard Macadie who scored 5 in our 7-0 win away to Buckie Thistle in December 2012.

It took 30 minutes before Weir opened the scoring and Academy only held the lead for 4 minutes with Keith Millar firing a dipping shot under James More's cross-bar. From then on though everything that Weir seemed to touch flew in and he was awarded the man of the match award for his brilliant scoring performance."

What a fantastic performance!

• Agree 3

When I saw the the score on the BBC website listing the scorers as:

Wick Academy

Weir

Weir

Weir

Weir

Weir

Weir

Weir

Weir

.....I just thought, get a grip, BBC! Error! But I checked on the Highland League website - and realised it was true! Astonishing feat.

Going to stick my neck out here - I reckon that must be a world record! For most goals scored as a team's only scorer.

• Agree 1

A team just won 17-1 in the Scottish junior cup. Not sure how many players scored in that game though.

There were 5 different scorers in that game! (St. Andrews United 17-1 Whitehills)

Even if a player had netted 16 goals in that game and his team-mate had grabbed the other, he'd be out of contention as I'm looking for the most number of goals scored when a player has scored 100% of his teams goals in a game.

A team just won 17-1 in the Scottish junior cup. Not sure how many players scored in that game though.

Yeah good result for them. Bad results for Culter and Rose. Was shocked at Culter losing at home. Was at the Lewis vs Colony Park game so didn't catch the Auchinleck result, not sure if they played

Reminds me of way back many years ago when I watched Arbroath v Aberdeen Bon-Accord Scottish cup tie. Arbroath 36 - 0 ABA. 128 years on and that record still stands. As does the record for most goals by a single player. 13 by Jocky Petrie in that game. Them were the days. Goals galore

Reminds me of way back many years ago when I watched Arbroath v Aberdeen Bon-Accord Scottish cup tie. Arbroath 36 - 0 ABA. 128 years on and that record still stands. As does the record for most goals by a single player. 13 by Jocky Petrie in that game. Them were the days. Goals galore

No it doesn't.  There was a game in Africa about a decade ago that finished 149-0.

No it doesn't. There was a game in Africa about a decade ago that finished 149-0.

Im sure FIFA said this record would no longer count due to the protest

Maybe one of my fellow 'oldies' can verify this. I seem to remember 'Joopie' Mitchell netting 10 for Caley back in the early 50s.

That was way before my time watching Caley but I do remember him in his orange Daf car, the engine had a strange sound which would give you a warning he was about.  Now that could easy start another thread!

I reckon that must be a world record! For most goals scored as a team's only scorer.

The only greater single player tally I could find on google was 13 in Romania, but that was in a women's match so doesn't count.

I reckon that must be a world record! For most goals scored as a team's only scorer.

The only greater single player tally I could find on google was 13 in Romania, but that was in a women's match so doesn't count.

:redcard:

As a youngster I remember a player scoring 7 of 8 goals for my hometown team with the 8th being scored by his brother.  There was also the famous occasion of Chris Nichol playing for Villa against Leicester City and getting all four goals in a 2 all draw.  But I can't find anything to beat Gary Weir's achievement.  The Highland League should look into it and perhaps make a special presentaton to him at the end of the season - unless, of course, someone betters the record in the meantime!

No it doesn't.  There was a game in Africa about a decade ago that finished 149-0.

It was Madagascar and being as the winning team never touched the ball all game and the losing team scored all the goals I dont think it actually counts. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/nov/01/newsstory.sport5