League Cup Semi Final Draw - Hearts!

Kingsmills

Distance wise, Aberdeen makes sense, but folk don't seem keen on Pittodrie. McDiarmid Park is too small and that only really leaves Tannadice which has a lower capacity than our semi final attendance last season. Ergo Easter Road is the next option.

Personally I don't like it as it's utterly un-neutral. However I suppose there are financial realities to deal with (not to mention a wee bit of the good old central belt bias) so I seriously don't think it would be unreasonable for the SPFL to use some of the extra income generated by playing it in Edinburgh by at least helping to subsidise the transport for fans down to the game.

Distance wise, Aberdeen makes sense, but folk don't seem keen on Pittodrie. McDiarmid Park is too small and that only really leaves Tannadice which has a lower capacity than our semi final attendance last season. Ergo Easter Road is the next option.

Personally I don't like it as it's utterly un-neutral. However I suppose there are financial realities to deal with (not to mention a wee bit of the good old central belt bias) so I seriously don't think it would be unreasonable for the SPFL to use some of the extra income generated by playing it in Edinburgh by at least helping to subsidise the transport for fans down to the game.

Disagree Fraz. I think its a perfect size. I dont believe ER will be so full this time as it was last. Many Hearts fans are miffed that Hibs are going to make a big wad from two semi's and the Ramsdens cup final.

Disagree Fraz. I think its a perfect size. I dont believe ER will be so full this time as it was last. Many Hearts fans are miffed that Hibs are going to make a big wad from two semi's and the Ramsdens cup final.

Personally I wouldn't mind it in Perth (10k) for obvious reasons, I'd also be happy with Tannadice (14k), but I'd seriously doubt that the suits would accept a definite loss of six thousand over the loss of a possible thousand or two. So realistically it will be deemed too small, I'd be amazed if McDiarmid was even really considered to be honest.

Having it at Easter Road again is BS imo, but hey ho I'm sure that's what we'll get as that will be what's best for the beaks and the sponsors I guess.

So, what will Caley's cut be from the crowd proceeds at Easter Road?

40%/40% with 20% going to Hibs? :smile:

They usually pool the semi final money, crowd/TV etc,  from both games. To be split between 4 clubs and SFA after expenses.

I'd forgotten that the dates, times and venues hadn't been announced yet, what with all the distractions this past week! (MOT, dentist, Mum's Birthday etc.)

But in all seriousness, Easter Road again - in Hearts' back-garden effectively. What's worse though is this time it's not a Saturday afternoon but 12.15 on a Sunday!

For a team whose fans travel from Inverness!! The authorities really don't give a monkeys about us. Can you imagine the uproar if Hearts were made to play at Dingwall against us at 12.15 on the Sunday? Very hypothetical, because it simply wouldn't be entertained.

• Agree 2

This is a joke. Someone that is good at this stuff needs to complain. Ie the club or fans.

Its not the end of the world for me. I'm based in Glasgow. All the sneck heads must be seething. A drive down (possible no drinking) or an overnight stay. This needs changed or we will have a poorer than normal support.

Never mind as chair of Caley Jags Together, as a fan I am raging about this. If the SPL wanted to voice their contempt of us, they really couldn't have done it any better. CJT will fight this with every available weapon, and we will publish a detailed statement here later on tonight or early tomorrow. This is one we really need to fight as quickly and loudly as possible - it just isn't on.

• Agree 17

I have nothing against Easter road, i enjoy visiting the capital but the K.O time is terrible. I understand why K.O's are changed but this one has no reasoning. Yes BBC showing it but im sure they could have a later kick off on a sunday. The police cant have an issue as it isnt a high priority to change. This needs sorting out but im afraid TV rule the roost and they will undoubtedly make sure it doesnt change. 

Edited by gingerjaggy