Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

If Terry and his team go I think we will suffer immensely. Time for the board to come out and publicly tell him "THIS CLUB NEEDS YOU",restructure the internals and get Mr Orion on board with some serious money to invest. Invest in a training facility, maybe Culloden pitches which has a building ripe for refurb and lease the pitches from the council. This may show TB that we are serious about being a Prem League Club - not just a Prem league team. This is a chance we should grab with both hands!

Edited by caleyboy

Going by what Richard Gordon's just said, Terry Butcher has left the building.

If true, this is very disappointing. Moreso if he takes Mo and Marsella with him (and Foran in January)

Going by what Richard Gordon's just said, Terry Butcher has left the building.

If true, this is very disappointing. Moreso if he takes Mo and Marsella with him (and Foran in January)

The Sun were reporting earlier that his management team will include Malpas and John Brownlie - no mention of Marsella.

Ok so he's gone, this is quite surprising.  If he never turned down Barnsley then i'd have thought he'd have taken it but not after making such a commitment to ICT.  His managerial debut will be against ICT this week! Thats a bit crazy i think.  Just hope we can hold onto our players but i've got a feeling a couple will leave, McKay for one.  Not overly convinced Foran will go in this late stage of his career though.

Now to the interesting stuff we've not had in a while, whos the new manager?

Was about to post the same story. Safe to say he is probably off.

I wouldnt say Im devastated by it...but its pretty damn close to how Im feeling if it is true. I really thought Terry would be old and wise enough to see through the Hibs move. I really thought these past 2 years would have seen us push through the old problem of losing our managers to other clubs in this league.

Hibs may not have contacted the club themselves but it seem like TB's mind is made up. 

I had expected another offer from the english championship and for him to go there but disappointed he has chosen Hibs. Think he will do well there but ultimately quite gutted, this will affect our team massively. Who will sign contract extensions, who will want to stay and of course our current league position and cup run. 

Devastating news - more so because he has gone to a rival. If he could have helped us win a trophy this year, that would have been the sensible time to go. How will he be able to sit on Hibs' bench on Saturday to watch ICT drubbing his new charges (and I hope we do)?!

Personally feel in a really odd position in that what he has done for us has been incredible, and I'm grateful, but I'm not that gutted he has gone.

Despite how well we have done some of the long ball football is atrocious to watch. We are doing so well due to the standard of players we have not tactical nous. Butcher is obviously a huge part of why these players may have come to Inverness but he is not the be all and end all and don't envisage him doing much at all at Hibs.

Butcher never got the best out of the players when it mattered, be it a big cup game, or even just when a match was televised.

I honestly think we now go on to get to at least cup final, finish in a European place, play well in the odd TV game and continue to dominate county.

Thanks for everything Terry, but it's onward and upwards for us now  :ictscarf:  

• Agree 2

He can't go now ! The club begins to play a significant role in Scottish football and in part thanks to him. And, despite all the work that has been done, he would leave before he could win a big trophy ? I can't imagine that ! Furthermore, to go to Hibernian...

If Terry had gone to Barnsley in the Championship he would have left with the best wishes of every fair minded ICT fan.

As it is now, he can ** **** *******.

my feelings exactly! As far as im concerned..he is desserting us....so............as yngwie says.............

Edited by SMEE

I`m still not convinced- will wait to hear it from the horses mouth!

The report - even though it is on the BBC - comes from a source/reporter that I take with a very large pinch of salt. It may turn out to be true, but I will wait for a more trusted source.