CaleyJagsTV : Video Subscription Channel

CaleyD

CaleyJagsTV.com is the Official Online TV Subscription Channel of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

We're just getting things up and running, but the intention is to bring you full coverage of all the teams Scottish Premiership, Cup & U20's Matches (where rights allow). Cost of subscription will be $20* for 30 days and this gives you access to all footage available on the channel, including archive matches of games prior to your subscription date.

As we're only just getting things up and running then we currently offer no guarantee on time-scale for match availability, but once we get going we intend to have games online by midnight on the day following the game.

*Current Introductory Price is $10 for 30 days, available for a limited time only.

IMPORTANT: Internet Explorer Users experiencing difficulties should try a different browser or accessing the site using the following link http://vimeo.com/ondemand/ictfc - there is a known issue and developers are working on a solution.
  • Agree 2

This is a good initiative and its pleasing to see the club continue to be proactive in improving the service they offer to fans but when I first read about it I thought $20 (£12.50) a month seemed a lot of money so I looked at the other Premiership clubs who offer similar services and their offerings are generally priced around the £5 a month mark, which IMO seems a much more reasonable figure and a price at which I would be far more inclined to sign up. I'm not trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons here and I also understand that setting up and running initiatives such as this one require a lot of time and effort but can I ask why our service has been valued at more than double what other fans in the Premiership are paying?

Was one of the trade offs we had to make when choosing the service provider. Others with multiple currency options were demanding far larger fees...and we'd rather the money went into the clubs pocket than theirs!

Look after the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves (or cents and dollars in this instance).

This is a good initiative and its pleasing to see the club continue to be proactive in improving the service they offer to fans but when I first read about it I thought $20 (£12.50) a month seemed a lot of money so I looked at the other Premiership clubs who offer similar services and their offerings are generally priced around the £5 a month mark, which IMO seems a much more reasonable figure and a price at which I would be far more inclined to sign up. I'm not trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons here and I also understand that setting up and running initiatives such as this one require a lot of time and effort but can I ask why our service has been valued at more than double what other fans in the Premiership are paying?

It's simple economics....we have to charge at a level which we hope will provide sufficient income to cover the cost of providing the service and increasing club income.

The current charge is $10, but our intention is to increase both quality and quantity of the content being offered as resources permit. As that happens then the price needs to rise to cover the additional cost...or, in an ideal scenario, we get sufficient subscribers to allow us to maintain a lower price point.

I've checked out some of the paid offerings elsewhere and I couldn't allow the club, with clear conscience, to provide that level of service to fans for any price. If we're going to do it, we're going to do it right.

• Agree 1

I have seriously never agreed with these stations. Will they not also detract actual attendance figures ? And do we have the fan base for tis to be paid for anyway. Is there no chance of any sponsorship ?

With it being delayed footage then I would hope that it would have very little, if any, impact on attendance figures.

Time will tell whether there is enough demand to keep the project going.  Part of the reason we have chosen not to follow the same route as other clubs (in terms of the platform being used) is so as not to expose the club to large (many thousands of £'s) in up front costs.

Any sponsorship would be a bonus.

What percentage of the subscription fee do you anticipate finding it's way into the club's coffers ?

How long is a piece of string?  It's entirely dependent on the level of subscriber uptake.

Aside from that, it's not for me to be going into that kind of minute detail..especially where it might be considered "commercially sensitive".

• 3 months later...

Not as well as hoped unfortunately...but we're aware that it's not an ideal setup and will be doing some work to improve things, offer more "tag ons" and better integrate it into the club website.  We also need to work on the back end/production to make the process more efficient and less time consuming for getting the content online (giving us the time to do other stuff alongside it).

• Agree 1

It's available worldwide at the moment...and that will not change.

What we hope will change will be the ability to offer live overseas broadcasts for our home games...but that's very unlikely to be this season.

We're also investigating a possible new option for live online match commentary, but those discussions are in the very early stages.

• Agree 2