Duplicate posts

Yngwie

Scotty I've noticed quite a few duplicate posts appearing in the last few days, it's happened to me as well as others. I've always deleted duplicates whenever I see them so it struck me that you might not be aware (until now) that it is happening.

seen a few and the uncomplicated answer is that its a result of the high traffic ... posts seem to get submitted to the Db twice (or more) when the system is under heavy load ... sometimes it can also be the result of a poster clicking twice when the page doesnt refresh immediately but thats a rarer occurence.

easiest option is for posters to delete the double post (where permissions allow) or for mods to do it where seen.

seen a few and the uncomplicated answer is that its a result of the high traffic ... posts seem to get submitted to the Db twice (or more) when the system is under heavy load ... sometimes it can also be the result of a poster clicking twice when the page doesnt refresh immediately but thats a rarer occurence.

easiest option is for posters to delete the double post (where permissions allow) or for mods to do it where seen.

What version of IBP are you running? I know there were issues with past versions, my old gaming forum had this problem with 3.1->3.3. There was a fix for a few issues, possibly even this one. But you may be right. 

I've been getting this message on and off in recent days, but especially this morning. Just me, or is it caused by the site being busier than usual?

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#2001]

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment