Contract Situation

Sneckboy

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

Some awful speculation by some posters on this topic.

Who says there is unrest amongst the players?

Where is the evidence Hughes has favourites, Butcher and Brewster definitely did.

It looks lime more contracts have been offered to players so let's just wait and see who else signs up.

Managers tend to have favourite players. As you say Butcher and Brewster did, chances are so does Hughes. Nothing wrong with it but if players like Vincent and Raven leave because they are not favoured by Hughes it will be the first time in a while we lose players who are perhaps considered 'major' for us since Munro and Duncan.

• Agree 1

Watching the Dundee vs St Johnstone game and the more I watch Nick Ross the more I wish we'd kept him and made use of him! He's having a great first half and although he's playing more central we could certainly have used him! We really have to get players like Vincent, Williams, Doran signed up for next season!

12 minutes ago, DEANO96 said:

Watching the Dundee vs St Johnstone game and the more I watch Nick Ross the more I wish we'd kept him and made use of him! He's having a great first half and although he's playing more central we could certainly have used him! We really have to get players like Vincent, Williams, Doran signed up for next season!

Watching this game and Nick is outstanding.

Maybe worth pointing out that tonight Nick had a good game, other games he's been anonymous and otehrs on the bench. He is a good player on his day as he showed with us but was inconsistent and this season that hasnt changed. Given our injuries and departures, if hs stayed would he be a regular starter - yes, if Doran and Roberts were fit, then he'd probably be interchanged with them being behind Draper, Tansey, Polworth & Williams in the pecking order.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

There is no argument Nick is a great technical player but given his postion he never really affects a game. This season he has scored 1 goal with no assists, where as the much maligned Vigurs has 3 goals and 1 assist.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Whether Nick is a better player than some of the other names mentioned is, I suppose, a matter of opinion.   However he will always have a place in ICT fokelore history for his dramatic late equaliser against Hearts when we were down to 9 men in the League Cup semi two years ago.  I'm sure we all wish him well with Dundee, as long as he has an off day when they play us.

• Agree 8

57 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Whether Nick is a better player than some of the other names mentioned is, I suppose, a matter of opinion.   However he will always have a place in ICT fokelore history for his dramatic late equaliser against Hearts when we were down to 9 men in the League Cup semi two years ago.  I'm sure we all wish him well with Dundee, as long as he has an off day when they play us.

Agree 100% 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Poised isnt conclusive, so there is still a possibility that is wrong and just a story from weeks ago reprinted. If it comes down to it, id hope the club keep williams even if its at the expense of vincent as he is much more valuable to our cause.

Don't agree. Storey was a much bigger goal threat when we had Vincent playing but just wonder if he is too injury prone. Would liker to keep both though.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Don't agree. Storey was a much bigger goal threat when we had Vincent playing but just wonder if he is too injury prone. Would liker to keep both though.

Totally agree. I think we miss the creativity and workrate of Vincent when he's injured 

15 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

I am a Vincent fan but he does appear to be prone to injuries.  

Echo both parts of this. As I've said elsewhere on this forum, I really don't get our retention policy this year. Granted, we don't know whether these two were offered contracts or perhaps they even wanted to leave, but there are at least two others who have pleaded in the press to be offered a contract. I say again - whoplesale rebuild in the summer is very risky for next season. If we've lost these two, then so be it, but they will be missed and this needs to be an incentive to get the others that we need to sign (starting with Raven and Polworth). What about a goalkeeper? Perhaps Ryan Wiliams is seen as a replacement for Vincent or Williams - if so, let's see what he can do and get him signed, if up to it. Would like to see what Liam Hughes can do too.

I hope the Daily Express story is not true, as I have a lot of time for both these players.  But it does make you wonder if JH's concentration on signing mostly midfielders recently indicated that he knew  Vincent and Williams were not going to be around next season.  Pure speculation of course. Totally agree with PerfICT that we need to get Raven and Polworth signed up asap.  Raven has always been one of my favourite players, and all the rumours lately about he and JH falling out are really disconcerting.  It would be a good morale boost to everyone if some of these outstanding contract issues were resolved sooner than later.

• Agree 1