Contract Situation

Sneckboy

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

No. OTJ has retired from football on advice of doctors. His knee is knackered. Dont know what he's been doing though. 

He's working for BBC Wales as a Welsh language reporter and was on a Welsh celebrity Masterchef recently

• Agree 1

The budget is not the same as last years, note the wording " next seasons budget will remain similar to this seasons initial outlay" The word similar can be more or less and the reference to "initial outlay" excludes the costs of the additional emergency signings made after the start of the season. So the board and JH are correct in their assertions depending upon how you interpret them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

20 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

The budget is not the same as last years, note the wording " next seasons budget will remain similar to this seasons initial outlay" The word similar can be more or less and the reference to "initial outlay" excludes the costs of the additional emergency signings made after the start of the season. So the board and JH are correct in their assertions depending upon how you interpret them.

Typical spin from the powers that be. Why not just say the budget will be considerably less than we spent this season.:redcard:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Interesting. You seem to want everyone to take what Hughes says as gospel yet display a very distrusting attitude towards what the board say. I wonder why that is...

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Interesting. You seem to want everyone to take what Hughes says as gospel yet display a very distrusting attitude towards what the board say. I wonder why that is...

I am not saying I "want everyone to take what Hughes says as gospel" - people can make their own minds up. With regard to "displaying a very distrusting attitude towards what the board say" - I am merely passing an opinion on my reading of their statement which I believe is very much open to interpretation.

Surely the point here is that whilst the Board state that the budget is similar to last year's initial budget, they also state that the initial outlay last year was significantly more than in other previous seasons.  Last year the Board also found additional money to help with the injury crisis and nobody should expect that similar resource will be available this year and certainly not as part of the initial budget.  The message seems pretty clear that Hughes has a bigger budget to work with than any previous manager and that the Board expect him to use it  We really should be hearing what signings are being made with the available cash pretty soon.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:13 PM, Kingsmills said:

I have nothing to say....just wanted to have the thousandth post on this thread.....

I have nothing to say either; except that you failed.

1st on page 41 is post 1001.

• Agree 1

The Board's statement of last Thursday stated that Devine's decision on his contract offer was "imminent".  I guess different people have different interpretations of what imminent means.  If Devine were to turn down a contract would Raven then be offered one?  Either way, lets hope we hear something this week along with the details of the pre-contract agreements of "at least 2 incoming players"  Having made their welcome statement, it is really important that the Board delivers on the substance of it.

20 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

If Devine were to turn down a contract would Raven then be offered one?  

Good question DD, I don't think I would be alone saying I would be happy if that were to happen!

• Agree 2

Here's the article in full, as some may be restricted by the pay-wall. Am I detecting 'subtle' digs at Yogi?!

Caley Thistle chairman frustrated to miss out on top six after increasing budget

Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron is frustrated by his club’s failure to earn a top-six Premiership place given the extra money handed to manager John Hughes. The Highlanders have operated with the highest playing budget in the club’s history, but missed out on a top-half finish for the first time in four years.

Cameron said: “It’s been a very challenging season. We’ve had horrendous injuries from day one, but that’s not an excuse. We took more players in and backed the manager on that front, but things just haven’t clicked this season. We usually operate with a squad of 18. This season it was 25 or 26, so the manager has obviously had a fair bit more money. But these things happen. All in all it’s been a reasonable season, so if we can finish seventh we’ll be happy. We’re looking forward to next season and getting back into the top six. We’ll always look to be in the top six, so we’ll go from there and see where it takes us.”

Inverness were in Europa League action for the first time last summer, going down 1-0 against Romanian club FC Astra, and Cameron reckons the early start may have played a part in Caley Thistle’s problems. He added: “We’ve learned the injuries come in cycles. It’s been about four years since the last time we had it this bad so hopefully next season we won’t have a repeat. It could have something to do with the short pre-season, the players didn’t get a lot of rest. In a normal pre-season they’d get about five or six weeks off, to have a good chance to recover. I think they only got 10 days off, which isn’t great preparation for the season. But would we change it for the experience we had in Europe? No.”

With only eight first-team players signed up for next season, Cameron is eager to get contracts tied up as soon as possible, with offers on the table for defender Danny Devine, goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams and midfielder Aaron Doran.
Cameron said: “We want it done as soon as possible. We’d like to get as much done as possible before the players head off. There is work to be done but things are progressing well.”

• Agree 1

It is fairly obvious that the relationship between the manager and the board are strained....that the relationship between the manager and many players are strained....that the relationship between the manager and the fans has become strained...

Can anyone spot the common denominator ?

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It is fairly obvious that the relationship between the manager and the board are strained....that the relationship between the manager and many players are strained....that the relationship between the manager and the fans has become strained...

Can anyone spot the common denominator ?

As you are so keen to get rid of the manager maybe you could tell us all where we get the money to pay him off?

8 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

As you are so keen to get rid of the manager maybe you could tell us all where we get the money to pay him off?

If Hibs loose to Falkirk or Killie and Hibs it in the cup I cant see them staying with Stubbs - a 3rd year in the 2nd tier. Maybe then we wouldn't need to find money which would make some fans happy.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

'Amicable decision to part ways' perhaps?

It's another dose of telt from the board to Hughes. Can't recall the last time we had this if indeed we ever did.

• Agree 4