• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

Is there a registration deadline for the European games?

I think they are the Monday before the first leg (May be incorrect on that) There is definitely a deadline for player registration though. 

Are we going to get the checkbook out anytime soon? I'm not the chairman but i would hazard a guess that with all of our recent success our club has probably never been better financially. Every other club is making signings except us.

Same as every year unfortunately. All the other teams seem to sign players early on and we wait till last minute. That said we have done very well with transfers historically considering we pay next to nothing for most players that we have signed.

we have no control over this and have to just wait for any news....

Perhaps we the almost exclusively free transfer market area we operate in, it means both awaiting for players to return from holidays to make a decision on their future and for the players to return to pre season, whereby any trialists are able to join in. Also some bigger clubs may wait till later to decide whether to place any players out on loan.

We've got a first team squad of 20. And yes the likes of Mackay, Ferguson, Polworth and Sutherland are both young and untested. Meaning we've got 16 first team players (if you include Horner) tried and tested and able.

By my reckoning we probably need to boost that by at least 2, preferably 3. A striker being priority, a winger and/or full back. It does depend on where Williams plays (be it a left sided wing back or winger) next season. Perhaps we can find another of that ilk. We need to replace the pace and dynamism of Watkins and Shinnie anyway.
And the goals of Mckay/Ofere.

We're well stocked in the middle of the park with Foran and Draper both quite capable of playing centre half. Meekings can also play right back. Meaning I think we need to mainly concentrate of fixing that left side now looking at the squad.

After which I imagine Hughes is looking to blood the kids this term. You don't know unless you try them. A squad of 22 is perfect for a club of our level. So 2 short I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jason Roberts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• John Hughes - Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jason Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

Going by the squad list on the official site and the European squad list, there's a few number changes next season.  Tremarco is now unsurprisingly number 3, Lopez is 7, Roberts is 11 and Wedderburn is 15.  I think I'm also right in saying that Calum Howarth has gone from 33 to 35 back 33.  Don't know what's going on there!

Adding Brian Rice & Owain Fon Williams.

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• John Hughes - Manager

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jason Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• 2 weeks later...

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• John Hughes - Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jason Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

Edited by Sneckboy

I see a Nigerian football website is saying Ofere turned down ICT and two other Scottish clubs.  Wonder who that would've been then?  Wouldn't be surprised if Dundee United was one of them actually.  Could explain why St Johnstone went for Sutton as well.  Perhaps Ofere was their first choice.  He would be their 'type' of player.

Edited by Renegade

I see a Nigerian football website is saying Ofere turned down ICT and two other Scottish clubs.  Wonder who that would've been then?  Wouldn't be surprised if Dundee United was one of them actually.  Could explain why St Johnstone went for Sutton as well.  Perhaps Ofere was their first choice.  He would be their 'type' of player.

wiki said he was released by Inverness so it has been put right!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Ofere

Edited by PerthICT
Bad spelling!!!

Dundee perhaps? Maybe to replace Clarkson.

• 2 weeks later...

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• John Hughes - Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Daniel Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jason Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Should I be concerned the latest deals are back to the one year deals we loathed for so long just a few seasons ago?

I don't think anything has changed, really.  Longer deals tend to be offered to players who came in on short contracts and earned them...and that still appears to be the case.  It's just that the turnover hasn't been that high the last few seasons and we've been more used to seeing extensions than new signings.

There's also this "options" thing, which I don't like the phrasing of....especially when it's the club who holds the option. Instead of 1 year + 1 year option to extend, it really should be 2 years with option to break after 1 year.

Should I be concerned the latest deals are back to the one year deals we loathed for so long just a few seasons ago?

I don't think anything has changed, really.  Longer deals tend to be offered to players who came in on short contracts and earned them...and that still appears to be the case.  It's just that the turnover hasn't been that high the last few seasons and we've been more used to seeing extensions than new signings.

There's also this "options" thing, which I don't like the phrasing of....especially when it's the club who holds the option. Instead of 1 year + 1 year option to extend, it really should be 2 years with option to break after 1 year.

How enforceable is that Caley D ? If the player doesn't want to to take the option to extend but the club want to action it is he legally bound to the extension ?

How enforceable is that Caley D ? If the player doesn't want to to take the option to extend but the club want to action it is he legally bound to the extension ?

Very much doubt it