Contract Situation

Sneckboy

On 12/06/2016 at 3:10 PM, iamthecaptain1 said:

I'll give it a go, though I've no issue with anyone correcting any errors :lol: Here goes...

On Summary a squad currently consisting of 17 players.
3 Gk (including Esson)

2 RB, 1 LB, 2 CB, 3 MF, 4 AMF, 2 ST

Signed until the end  of season (2019-20)

• Richie Foran – Manager

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):

• Gary Warren

• Ross Draper

• Owain Fon Williams

• Liam Polworth

·  Scott Boden (NEW)

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):

• John Hughes – Manager (Took the huff)

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager (?)

• Ryan Esson – Gk coach/ player

• Aaron Doran

• David Raven (not being retained)

• Iain Vigurs

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Carl Tremarco

• Lewis Horner

• Ali Sutherland (new deal length not specified)

• Cammy Mackay (new deal length not specified)

·  Jason Brown (new deal length not specified)

Signed until January 2017:

• Alex Fisher

Departing:

• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town) – Et Tu, et tu :wink:

• Liam Hughes (Joined Barrow)

• Nat Wedderburn (Signed for Dunfermline)

• Calum Ferguson (Not offered new deal)

• Dean Brill (Not offered new deal)

• Danny Williams (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• James Vincent (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• Danny Devine (now released)

• Jordan Roberts (now released)

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo (now released) 

• Ryan Williams (now released) 

U20’s squad additions:

Stephen Foster,  Ryan McRitchie, Liam MacDonald and Keir Smith.

Update - Jordan Roberts, Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo, Ryan Williams and Danny Devine have all left the club. 

In my opinion we will require-

1 central defender (the ability to play left back also preferably) 

One winger ideally left sided after losing Roberts and Williams. 

1 midfielder.

This would give a squad of 20 which is around our usual numbers. Though maybe 1 more given that Sutherland, Brown and Mackay are all untested. Then again, If we don't give them a chance why bother giving them a contract in the first place?

2 hours ago, oats said:

we now have NO cover in centre back, yes we can use Draper but we will then miss him in Midfield. 

Why are you assuming that we won't bring in another defender?!! We offered Devine a contract so clearly the need has been identified and there must be money in the budget for one - perhaps even a better one!

2 hours ago, Dargo20 said:

But sources Down Under claim A League outfit Sydney FC are ready to offer the 25-year-old a bumper deal.

What has Sydney got that Inverness hasn't? 

Sydney Opera House................Eden Court!

Harbour Bridge...............Kessock Bridge!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dargo20 said:

FROM THE SUN ONLINE

Inverness want Ojamaa

16/08/14 MOTHERWELL V INVERNESS CT-HENRIK OJAMA

Keith Campbell

RICHIE FORAN hopes Henrik Ojamaa will snub Australia for Inverness.

SunSport understands the new Caley Thistle boss is keen to add the former Motherwell hitman to his squad.

But sources Down Under claim A League outfit Sydney FC are ready to offer the 25-year-old a bumper deal.

Ojamaa is a free agent after leaving Austrian second tier side Wacker Innsbruck.

He would be a great signing, fingers crossed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36551309

Devine signs for Partick, bit of a strange decision. My guess is Foran couldn't guarantee him first team football given that Raven has been given a new deal and Warren and Meekings will likely be starting at centre back (thank god!). He was a decent player for us, was prone to the odd error but overall I was pretty impressed with him. At 23, he's still got years ahead of him, especially seeing as centre backs usually prime in their late 20's to early 30's. Should be a good signing for Partick, but can't say I'm devastated to have lost him!

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'm quite surprised he's gone to Partick actually.  I'd have thought Colchester would be offer to far more in wages than them and us.

I imagine that he's been offered first team football. Plus Particks central belt location may have been appealing. 

I'd rather he'd have stayed for continuities sake but he's not irreplaceable in the cold hard light of day. 

Both Tremarco and Draper can play there though I'd expect with Williams, Hughes, Vincent and Wedderburn leaving a new midfielder will join for starters.

Another defender will almost certainly join. Though I imagine that Foran will look for versatility there. 

Personally, I'm sorry to see Devine go. Yes, he took some stick particularly early in the season, but I thought he improved considerably as the season went on, and contributed to what overall was a decent defensive record.

hopefully we find good cover, as whilst I am delighted we will have the Warren / Meekings partnership restored we are vulnerable to injuries and suspensions.

Quite sobering to see eleven heading out the door and only one in so far.  There was several occasions last season where we had only three or four subs.  If we don't bolster the squad and experience similar injury woes we could be in dire straits.

Quite disappointed to see Mutombu and Roberts departing.  Mutombu was obviously a bit hit and miss but thought he offered something.  Robert' goal at Motherwell one of the highlights of a rather anti-climactic season.

Ymip Jr has just called me to suggest we're after Higginbotham.  I'd personally be delighted if that was true and likewise the Ojamaa rumours.

26 minutes ago, ymip said:

Quite sobering to see eleven heading out the door and only one in so far.  There was several occasions last season where we had only three or four subs.  If we don't bolster the squad and experience similar injury woes we could be in dire straits.

Quite disappointed to see Mutombu and Roberts departing.  Mutombu was obviously a bit hit and miss but thought he offered something.  Robert' goal at Motherwell one of the highlights of a rather anti-climactic season.

Ymip Jr has just called me to suggest we're after Higginbotham.  I'd personally be delighted if that was true and likewise the Ojamaa rumours.

Higginbotham would be a great shout! Got to say, I know it looks on the face of it rather concerning that so many out and so little in, but I firmly believe that this could be Forans big plan to clear out the "ifs and maybes" and pave the way for the budget he needs to bring in who he firmly believes will make his team. I for one would much rather wait and put faith in Foran for that, than simply retaining the services of a few "hit and misses"

• Agree 1

In case anyone is interested Brian Rice has been confirmed as Ritchie's assistant for the next 2 seasons. Quite happy with this. As it keeps things settled, he's a wealth of experience and will have several contacts in the game to aid player signings etc. 

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

In case anyone is interested Brian Rice has been confirmed as Ritchie's assistant for the next 2 seasons. Quite happy with this. As it keeps things settled, he's a wealth of experience and will have several contacts in the game to aid player signings etc. 

Hopefully his defence mind will dovetail nicely with Richie's attack mind, aids with the continuity, and might also save us a bob or two as we'll no longer need to pay him off with yogi. All positive in my book.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

20 Year Old Dubliner, Jake Mulraney, has signed a pre-contract and will join the club on a 2 year deal.....winger.

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/1780-2-year-deal-for-jake

Ugh another one I'll have to update on my not so glorious contract summary. :lol::cry:

On Summary a squad currently consisting of 18 players.
3 Gk (including Esson)

2 RB, 1 LB, 2 CB, 3 MF, 5 AMF, 2 ST

Signed until the end  of season (2019-20)

• Richie Foran – Manager

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):

• Gary Warren

• Ross Draper

• Owain Fon Williams

• Liam Polworth

·  Scott Boden (NEW)

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):

• John Hughes – Manager (Took the huff)

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Ryan Esson – Gk coach/ player

• Aaron Doran

• David Raven (not being retained)

• Iain Vigurs

Jake Mulraney (NEW)

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Carl Tremarco

• Lewis Horner

• Ali Sutherland (new deal length not specified)

• Cammy Mackay (new deal length not specified)

·  Jason Brown (new deal length not specified)

Signed until January 2017:

• Alex Fisher

Departing:

• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town) – Et Tu, et tu :wink:

• Liam Hughes (Joined Barrow)

• Nat Wedderburn (Signed for Dunfermline)

• Calum Ferguson (Not offered new deal)

• Dean Brill (Not offered new deal)

• Danny Williams (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• James Vincent (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• Danny Devine (now released)

• Jordan Roberts (now released)

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo (now released) 

• Ryan Williams (now released) 

U20’s squad additions:

Stephen Foster,  Ryan McRitchie, Liam MacDonald and Keir Smith.

Links with Higginbotham and Ojamma 

Edited by iamthecaptain1
Additional information/update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The Inverness Courier are reporting that Jaime Wilson, Chris Brown, Blair MacLennan, Struan McArthur, Stephen Rennie and Sam Robertson will all be released at the end of the season, while decisions are yet to be made on Daniel Hoban and Cameron Gilchrist.

8 minutes ago, Renegade said:

The Inverness Courier are reporting that Jaime Wilson, Chris Brown, Blair MacLennan, Struan McArthur, Stephen Rennie and Sam Robertson will all be released at the end of the season, while decisions are yet to be made on Daniel Hoban and Cameron Gilchrist.

So any prospect of bringing through any good young players for the first team is virtually nil.  Lets just keep filling the squad with below average players from the Engish conference and bring in players on loan that are not good enough to play for their own clubs at the expense of our own youngsters..

Absolutely shocking news, the way the club runs their  youth development is an  absolute farce and needs completely overhauled, these guys should be the future.  

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Fully agree, why are these guys not getting on the bench and some time on the park - especially when we have a team of under performers and our recruitment over several seasons has been poor, can these guys be really much worse than Horner, Anier, Ebbe or other brought in? If they are deemed not good enough or ready then why are they not on loan to lower division clubs? If they aren't even good enough for loans then there has to be fundamental questions asked why our youth set-up doesn't yield players of any quality.

We are wasting too much time and money on coaching and playing youngsters who have absolutely no chance of progressing within the senior structure of ICT. We should be concentrating on those showing the desire and application to absorb the higher level coaching. I really don't think we need a development squad. We do need a reserve squad to include fringe first team, up to 6 quality full time kids training with the first team and if required use u17's to give us game numbers. Scottish football is to blame for us needing to have so many teams to obtain grant money.

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

So any prospect of bringing through any good young players for the first team is virtually nil.  Lets just keep filling the squad with below average players from the Engish conference and bring in players on loan that are not good enough to play for their own clubs at the expense of our own youngsters..

Absolutely shocking news, the way the club runs their  youth development is an  absolute farce and needs completely overhauled, these guys should be the future.  

Agree that, wherever we find ourselves next season, the development system and those employed in it needs a serious overhaul.

The fact that in the dozen years since we were first promoted to the top league we have only produced three players in the form of Ross, Christie and Polworth who have come remotely close to becoming first team regulars and just the one who has generated transfer income is a shocking disgrace. Surely it's not too much to ask that we have a competent and efficient youth system that produces a first team player at least every second season and generates a transfer fee more often than once in a blue moon.

If our current system fails to do that then what on earth is the point in spending a six figure sum every year on it ?

• Agree 1