BACK TO 7TH

us2

and finish ahead of Aberdeen - typically we raise our game against the 'bigger' teams so to finish an unofficial sixth playing games against sides scrapping for survival would be very sweet.

Guest airbornejake

So can somebody explain top six b4 the split top six after the split. sorry being half engerlish i dont understand top six is top six aint it.?? :roll: :roll:

after 33 games the league splits into 2 for the last 5 games .... the top 6 play each other once, the bottom 6 play each other once but you cannot go from 7th to 6th ... in effect, its 2 divisions !... (you can actually finish 7th and have more points than 6th ...)

• 4 weeks later...

I join you in not fully understanding this system. More to the point I don't really understand the point of it--of course it probably is designed to make more excitement and money for the top six but tell me somrthing new, eh?

But that 58 points opposit ICT look good on the tyable don't they. ? In fact when I heard that Baloney remark on Jim Taylor's show on the ;ast day of the season when he said --"Och Caley are where they are because after the split they are playing the rubbish of the division".

Really Jim? Just whupped the Hibees three of four times, Hearts at least once, came awfy close with the "Gers and the Celtic etc etc. C'mon give me a break pal --there is at least a reasonable chance that they would have still garnered more points than the others in the top six had they been allowed to play them---someone tell me I am wrong.... :010:

The SPL isn't really a league...well not a fair one anyway. A fair league would have all teams playing each other the same amount of times and playing an equal amount of home and away games, this doesn’t happen in the SPL.