Shinnie for Scotland

Council Juice

Maybe Shinnie will just need to do what others have done.................scrutinise his birth lineage.

On first reading I thought  that would be a crying shame, but why not? It's hardly like a McCarthy defecting at 15/16 because he hasn't been called up by Scotland yet.

Think Shinnie can make squad with us. We just need either friendly or B team game in Sneck/end of season award for performance in SPFL - player of the year should about do it.

But given his versatility and the fact he must be a good guy to have around the team (Captain of ICT at what age?!) then why not. Whittaker's nothing great.

From here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

Graeme Shinnie's agent has revealed the left-back will leave Inverness Caledonian Thistle this summer, having turned down a new contract offer. (Star)

Bummer!

It happens. Players move on from all clubs at sometime or other. Best of luck to him if it's true. We will move on. Let's hope it isn't.

We may actually lose quite a few players this year. It makes sense for them to look at other options and if they find better all round packages then they go with our best wishes. These players have been fantastic in the face of significant challenges. New ones will then take their places. 

If Inverness really cared it would supply more supporters at home games to provide income to retain or attract players. For Graeme, he has been fantastic and deserves a very good move.

• Agree 1

Projected Team if all the above leave: 

Brill

Blank Blank Warren  Tremarco 

Doran Vincent Draper Williams

Christie Blank

Subs: 

Esson, 

Foran,

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank,

Blank,

Edited by ICTRoughi

Disappointed if it's true Graeme is moving to pastures new, but he has been a fantastic servant to the club, and given his form over the past few years, he has more than earned a more lucrative move. I just hope he isn't blind sided by a move to another Scottish club, and goes South to prove himself there, he is undoubtedly good enough.

At least he has had the decency to make his intentions clear early, and not keep us hanging on in false hope

Let's not start panicking yet a great deal can happen in a very short time. This is a peak time in our Club's history, we are showing so much promise and we have a very very shrewd manager backed by a very clever Chairman. The last thing we want to do is spread doom and gloom when we should be rejoicing at what is happening on and off the field. This is another call for patience just as the coming of Yogi was.

Do you honestly think that there will be a mass exodus from a team that is charging towards Europe, a chance to put themselves into the history books and a brightly lit shop window. Players may go and players may come either way it can be a stepping stone to enhance their careers and it is natural progression. The important thing for the players is the timing of moves. In my opinion Graeme, if he is going, is jumping too early. Christmas 2015 with a few more points on his c.v.would be much more lucrative time to go and i feel certain a lot of the players listed on Alex's doom list will be thinking that too.

No offence Alex I just couldn't think of a better title to your list.

ICT Roughi where do you get your prediction from ? I see or hear nothing to warrant it.

• Agree 1

Let's not start panicking yet a great deal can happen in a very short time. This is a peak time in our Club's history, we are showing so much promise and we have a very very shrewd manager backed by a very clever Chairman. The last thing we want to do is spread doom and gloom when we should be rejoicing at what is happening on and off the field. This is another call for patience just as the coming of Yogi was.

Do you honestly think that there will be a mass exodus from a team that is charging towards Europe, a chance to put themselves into the history books and a brightly lit shop window. Players may go and players may come either way it can be a stepping stone to enhance their careers and it is natural progression. The important thing for the players is the timing of moves. In my opinion Graeme, if he is going, is jumping too early. Christmas 2015 with a few more points on his c.v.would be much more lucrative time to go and i feel certain a lot of the players listed on Alex's doom list will be thinking that too.

No offence Alex I just couldn't think of a better title to your list.

ICT Roughi where do you get your prediction from ? I see or hear nothing to warrant it.

Was having a conversation over Twitter with a few of ours fans who were saying on the similar lines that a few might be joining Shinnie (if he is indeed leaving) also the previous poster before me suggested the same hence why I said a mass exodus predicted.

The players above can also speak to other clubs in January without permission of the club. Watkins must be gaining a lot of interest recently same with Tansey, Meekings, Mckay.

Edited by ICTRoughi

OK thanks Roughi nothing concrete then thank goodness just rumours.

Like I say though there could be better times to jump ship than the half way mark of this season.

Absolutely agree, I am taking the shinnie news today with a pinch of salt (notice how Graeme hasn't directly stated he wants to leave himself) There's something about it that smacks of ramping up the pressure on ICT to offer more cash and get other clubs like Aberdeen sniffing about. 

As for other players that contracts are due up next season, I hope they are tied up as sooner rather than later - The only thing that worries me is the fact that they can speak to other clubs in January.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

Another. Result of poor crowds lack of money = no new contracts

Hardcore fan support suffer with potentially several of the team moving on for no transfer fee

However still got a reasonable squad even with 4 missing

• Agree 1

John Hughes managed to stifle the negativers for a period but now, like the gophers in the prairies of Saskatchewan who appear out of their holes when the snow disappears, to see what's around them, here they manifest again:

N for:

Negativers,

Naysayers,

Not helpful,

Not uplifting,

Naughty,

Narky.

Even nasty,

Not unlikely to depress

Nattering about nothing really significant

Nebulous at this stage

N...... in the woodpile undermines the ship.

Note that one swallow does not a Summer make.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned but our Management is much smarter and much less mad than him.

Notification: We will be in the top three no matter what at the end of the season.

Now there's a thing that we should talk about.

No player is indispensable and no player can not be trained by John Hughes nor remain at this club for long if he doesn't want to.

Never say never, --when there's breath left in the body. :clapoverhead:

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah Na. 

Nightie night and remember....never quit  'cos it aint over till the fat lady sings.

JINGS!

• Agree 2

Taken from BBC Gossip Column

Graeme Shinnie's agent has revealed the left-back will leave Inverness Caledonian Thistle this summer, having turned down a new contract offer. (Star)

Will be sorry to see him go if  he does but he should remember the grass is not always greener on the other side - I suppose that depend on wether you are happy to sit on the bench with a bigger wage or do you want to play regularly - he only need to look at brother Andy who hardly gets a kick these days

Hes done a good job for ICT over the years

Hardcore fan support suffer with potentially several of the team moving on for no transfer fee

Its surprising to think that only 222 additional full paying adults split between the main and north stand over a season would equate to £100,000. On saying that you want to keep hold of all your existing supporters too.

Shinnies  done a great job for the club but as with any player, if we cant meet their wage demands then we cant afford to keep them.

Back to the topic, he has plenty of years ahead of him to play for Scotland

Hes done a good job for ICT over the years

Its surprising to think that only 222 additional full paying adults split between the main and north stand over a season would equate to £100,000. On saying that you want to keep hold of all your existing supporters too.

Shinnies  done a great job for the club but as with any player, if we cant meet their wage demands then we cant afford to keep them.

Back to the topic, he has plenty of years ahead of him to play for Scotland

It's the biggest frustration of all.  These lads play their socks off week in week out - level top with Celtic in mid-November is one hell of an achievement - and yet anything over 3000 is considered a good result for attendance.  Aberdeen had 19000 for their home game with Celtic.  

For that reason I can't blame anyone for wanting to aim as high as they can; they've earned that right with the way they play.  This is a special time,and we have to make the most of it and do our best to secure top 3 and get into Europe.

Brill

Christie Blank

Subs: 

Esson, 

Foran,

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank,

Blank,

Laurent Blank won't be signing for us, he's manager of PSG.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

....."remember that the grass is often not always greener on the other side"--If we adopted that attitude in our life from the cradle to the grave then we would never get out of the cradle Biggin, and no one who really wanted to, or yearned to, get ahead in  life would ever be able to......

:crazy:

Brill

Christie Blank

Subs: 

Esson, 

Foran,

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank, 

Blank,

Blank,

Laurent Blank won't be signing for us, he's manager of PSG.

Maybe not but Laurent Blanc might :ninja:

John Hughes managed to stifle the negativers for a period but now, like the gophers in the prairies of Saskatchewan who appear out of their holes when the snow disappears, to see what's around them, here they manifest again:

N for:

Negativers,

Naysayers,

Not helpful,

Not uplifting,

Naughty,

Narky.

Even nasty,

Not unlikely to depress

Nattering about nothing really significant

Nebulous at this stage

N...... in the woodpile undermines the ship.

Note that one swallow does not a Summer make.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned but our Management is much smarter and much less mad than him.

Notification: We will be in the top three no matter what at the end of the season.

Now there's a thing that we should talk about.

No player is indispensable and no player can not be trained by John Hughes nor remain at this club for long if he doesn't want to.

Never say never, --when there's breath left in the body. :clapoverhead:

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah Na. 

Nightie night and remember....never quit  'cos it aint over till the fat lady sings.

JINGS!

You forgot one very important negative Scarlet.............Naelifts :lol:  :wink:

• Agree 1