The new manager thread

Yngwie

Jimmy Calderwood can **** off.

We should appoint Sergio Markarian.  He's an Armenian-Uruguayan, was Brewsters mentor and has been a hugely successful manager in South America.  Just getting in a ridiculous suggestion before Renegade logs on.

• Agree 4

If he does go why not give Robbo the chance till end if season and give a big pay rise to marsela to keep him here. Robbo watches most of our games and knows how the team plays. Then next summer we can see where things go with players leaving etc and decide on new manager then whoever it may be. Relegation is never gonna happen this season with the hearts situation so even if we do slip a bit there is time to sort things out

Losing TB & MO and probably Steve Marsella would be a major setback to this club. We are no longer seen as a "small" club any more but seen as a contender for Europe and that's because of these 3 men.

And to lose him to a club like Hibs and their trigger happy board would be a kick in the teeth the supporters and just the wrong move for TB, MO & SM

And Jimmy Calderwood can chuff right off!!!!

If he does go why not give Robbo the chance till end if season and give a big pay rise to marsela to keep him here. Robbo watches most of our games and knows how the team plays. Then next summer we can see where things go with players leaving etc and decide on new manager then whoever it may be. Relegation is never gonna happen this season with the hearts situation so even if we do slip a bit there is time to sort things out

I like Robbo and if he was to take the job it would have to be permanent,  Its not fair to the players to commit over the summer if they don't know who is going to be in charge.

As much as I like Robbo not for me I am afraid, look what happened the last time we took a manager back 

Time to start thinking about a replacement.

Possible names who come to mind or who will probably be linked:

Kenny Shiels

Craig Levien (Maybe couldn't affor or want him anyway)

Paul Sheerin

Paul Hartely

Barry Wilson

Shiels - No chance, wouldn't want him near ICT ever

Levein - I'd take that. At club level at boht Utd and Hearts he was excellent, especially Utd when he was allowed to shape the whole club.

Sheerin - Has been doing OK but bit early for me

Hartley - A good shout but only with an experienced no2, i.e. Malpas (assuming he stays)

Wilson - Far too early for him

Kenny Shiels - No

Craig Levein - God no!

Jimmy Calderwood - I'd rather die!

Mixu Paatelainen for me would be a good choice if he fancies chucking the Finland job.

Edited by Renegade

Jimmy Calderwood can **** off.

We should appoint Sergio Markarian.  He's an Armenian-Uruguayan, was Brewsters mentor and has been a hugely successful manager in South America.  Just getting in a ridiculous suggestion before Renegade logs on.

:lol:

I know many of you won't have followed the leagues across the pond, but I'd highly recommend Jason Kreis.  His team is still in the playoffs over here, but he would be worth sniffing around IMO.

What about Mo Johnson?

I'll get my own coat thanks...

Next you'll be suggesting Paul Mariner or Aron Winter ....... although I would pay good money to see Bob De Klerk squaring up to Derek Adams :lol:

Kreis wouldnt be a bad shout, very good manager, proven track record on this side of the pond with a largely unglamorous club. I wonder though, if he (or any other manager that earned their stripes in MLS) would be able to cope with any league outside MLS ... in very much the same way as we see managers coming into MLS from outside who struggle to adapt to a single entity league with a parity structure.