The new manager thread

Yngwie

No to Robbo for me.  It would be a backwards move.

And also a big no way to Levein.  A dull man, playing hoofball forward in a 4-6-0 formation.  Can't wait..... :unsure:

Totally agree about Levein. Don't want him near ICT at all. Boring manager and boring team will follow if this man gets appointed.

Think this thread is bang out of order until concrete proof of Butcher's departure is confirmed.

Also the BBC need to enlighten us as to where they 'learned' of his agreement to join Hibs.

Looks to me like somebody trying to stir it with the Highland upstarts.

• Agree 3

This thread in a way is a tribute to Terry and the management team. He has been so successful that we all expect him to move at some point. It's also a testament to him that all of us would give them a new contract right now. If he stays and gets top three here or more, then the consensus might be that only a top half English Permiership club would be enough for them to go?

• Agree 1

Jimmy Calderwood can **** off.

We should appoint Sergio Markarian.  He's an Armenian-Uruguayan, was Brewsters mentor and has been a hugely successful manager in South America.  Just getting in a ridiculous suggestion before Renegade logs on.

Every time, Chris, every time. Anyway, Brewster's biggest influence was definitely Oleg Blokhin. Unfortunately, he's in the Dynamo Kiev job at the moment but if we want to revisit some of the joys brought to us by Brew's rigid 4-2-3-1 then I think we should look for another of Valeriy Lobanovskiy's protégés. No, not Sergei Baltacha, but Vladimir Onishchenko who is currently working as a Dynamo scout. This way, Alan Savage can finally live out his dream of seeing ICT become "a boutique club showcasing Eastern European talent".

Seriously, though, Charlie Christie.

First choice would be new contracts for Tel, Mo and Steve.

However if the bbc's mole is right, and Tel's agent has got involved then the list goes 

Kenny Shiels - you cannot be serious, get your union jacks flying

Jimmy five bellies Tangerine Calderwood - does well and would do well up here, but not too popular with our support

Craig Levein - best shout of experienced managers, tainted by Scotland stint, but whoever takes a chance on him will get a very very good club manager, especially when you see what benefits Dunde Utd are starting to get with his overhaul of the youth training system now producing

Paul Hartley - done wonders at Alloa, but always more suited to County for me

Paul Sheerin - doing well but too early for me

Colin Cameron - worth a punt, doing better than Cowdenbeath can dream off

Ian Murray - another good shout for me, done brilliant with The Sons, but might be too early for him

Paulo di Canio - no way

Tony Mowbray - Maybe worth considering, if he would consider us. Boro went a bit Brewster on him though.

Ally McCoist - seems to be doing well with a new club, but question marks on whether he would move up to the SPFL, and working with a smaller budget.

Chris Sutton - something makes me think he would do well, very calm deep thinker.

Henrik Larsen - would be a stepping stone if he did well, but we want our managers to be successful, and inevitably they will m,ove on if that is the case

Ian Holloway - would be entertaining, could we afford him, if he would come here, yes please

George Burley?

He did well whilst at Hearts and at Southampton from what I can remember.

We quite liked him at Derby too

Not over yet though , maybe Terry wants to stay in Inverness (I think he does ) but ICT have insulted him , money wise , and as mentioned elsewhere , this Hibs thing is his way of provoking the ICTFC board into action .

BBC today are stating that Terry has agreed terms, yet Hibs will not comment and our people say there has been no approach.

If Hibs are enticing a manager away from another club, is there a rule that says they need to ask permission first? Because if so, and the above is true, I smell compo.

Edited by FoolPhysio

Here is a few to throw in the mix:

Peter Houston - did a really good job at Dundee United and is only working with the Scotland set up at the moment.

Alex Neil - doing a great job at Hamilton right now.

Steven Thompson - if you are a fan of the old player/manager role then he could be a shout. He has just gone through his coaching badges and does speak a lot of sense on Sportscene.

they should get a wee bit of debate going.

I also like the idea of taking in a retired ex caley player - Barry Wilson, Ross Tokely, Bobby Mann, Richard Hastings, just for example.

Edited by fraser

Billy Reid - doing a great job at Hamilton right now and has a lot of experience.

You must be joking!  He'd be a horrendous choice.  Another job-for-the-boys type, who plays utterly-awful 5-4-1 anti-football, who got perhaps the SPL's poorest ever team relegated, and was promptly fired last year after being despised for about three years by a large section of their fans.

I'd rather have Brewster back than him!

Someone mentioned Mowbray earlier, now that might be a good choice actually, and would Kevin MacDonald be interested?  Think he's out of a job right now, and certainly knows his stuff.  Talk of him getting it once before IIRC as well.

Edited by Renegade

Billy Reid - doing a great job at Hamilton right now and has a lot of experience.

You must be joking!  He'd be a horrendous choice.  Another job-for-the-boys type, who plays utterly-awful 5-4-1 anti-football, who got perhaps the SPL's poorest ever team relegated, and was promptly fired last year after being despised for about three years by a large section of their fans.

I'd rather have Brewster back than him!

Someone mentioned Mowbray earlier, now that might be a good choice actually, and would Kevin MacDonald be interested?  Think he's out of a job right now, and certainly knows his stuff.  Talk of him getting it once before IIRC as well.

wait, who is the manager at Hamilton right now?

The only choice is Maurice Malpas IMO.

If Terry goes (please no!) then I've heard murmurings previously that Mo was the reason other job offers were not accepted (Barnsley and Aberdeen amongst these), Terry turned them down as Mo said he didn't want to leave Inverness.  IF this is true then Mo has shown us a good degree of loyalty and we should try and reward this.  Forget any previous record with other clubs, we've seen that this does not equate to performing badly with ICT.  Mo knows the players and is responsible for a large part of our current success.  Would he stay if he was offered the job?...  I think yes.

But let's hope it doesn't come to this.  And the above is only my opinion.