The new manager thread

Yngwie

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Duncan Shearer. Not that I want him, it's just that he has the reserves/U20 team 4 points clear at the top of their league, knows the club and the players, wouldn't cost much etc. There are plenty of clubs who would seriously consider giving someone like that a chance at the helm.

Probably considered too much of a step up though, particularly as his previous record is patchy.

That's what Barcelona often do.  Doubt any of their coaches were sacked by Buckie though....

What about someone completely new, though experienced at a higher level? Michael Frontzeck got the sack at St. Pauli this week because he insisted on extending his contract now instead of January. Being a former German international, his record there was quite good and he's used to work with young players. Plus, he said he doesn't want to wait very long for the next job...

Did we not have someone along those lines apply for the job the last time round?  Bernd Krauss or somebody?  Sure he was the ex-Borussia Dortmund manager or something.

Also, what about ex-Mexico manager Hugo Sanchez?  I'm sure he applied for the job the Kilmarnock job when Shiels got it.

Guest Mahonio

According to the P&J, Kenny Shiels, Jimmy Calderwood, Paul Hartley and Csaba Laszlo are all in the frame should TB decide to leave.

I would consider Hartley and Laszlo out of those four.

The Sun say that we have lined up a "dream team of John Robertson and Barry Wilson", would hope that's untrue as I don't like managers returning for 2nd spells, have a feeling The Sun could be wrong mind you, P and J likely go be better than The Sun regarding Caley matters.

Guest Mahonio

I don't understand why Kenny Shiels and Jimmy Calderwood aren't wanted by some on here, Calderwood did a good job at Aberdeen, even qualifying for Europe on occasion and Shiels did well ar Kilmarnock, who have struggled since he left, plus he won a cup for them.

According to the P&J, Kenny Shiels, Jimmy Calderwood, Paul Hartley and Csaba Laszlo are all in the frame should TB decide to leave.

I would consider Hartley and Laszlo out of those four.

The Sun say that we have lined up a "dream team of John Robertson and Barry Wilson", would hope that's untrue as I don't like managers returning for 2nd spells, have a feeling The Sun could be wrong mind you, P and J likely go be better than The Sun regarding Caley matters.

I wouldnt be against Robbo coming back. I would prefer a fresh new face but Brewster second time was a disaster because he stopped playing. His first spell he was player manager which worked very well as he had something to give as a player. His second spell he stopped playing and was very poor tactically and i dont think he was that great a manager tbh. Robbo may do a good job but the fact that he knows a lot about terry's regime and and seen us play a lot i wouldnt be against him coming in. Having Barry in there will be great experience for him and he will give a lot of passion being a legend at the club.   

• Agree 1