HARTLEY FOR COUNTY? WHERE DID IT GO WRONG?

CELTIC1CALEY3

19 May 2013 Ross County boss Derek Adams revels in derby win.  "We've come from the First Division," continued Adams. "We thoroughly dominated the match and obviously the beach balls are burst today.'' 11 July 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his side to be more "direct" this term. 12 July 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his side to be even more attacking this season as he looks to build on last term's heroics. 15 July 2013 Derek Adams uninpressed with Ross County pre-season-“It didn’t work very well for us. We didn’t play well today, there were a lot of players with below-par performances so I think today’s game didn’t work at all for us as a pre-season exercise.' 22 August 2013  Derek Adams says Ross County have the budget to add to his squad but has backed his present players to end their poor start to the season on Saturday. In the immediate aftermath of their third straight defeat , the County manager had warned that underperforming players could leave the Dingwall club.

18 October 2013 ROSS County manager Derek Adams is confident he has enough defensive cover after allowing Grant Munro to quit the club.

9 November 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his players to cope better with crossed balls after conceding four headed goals. 16 November 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams has refused to read too much into their position in the Scottish Premiership so early in the season.

18 November 2013 “When we had nine men I actually thought we were playing great.''

21 November 2013 Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor promises money to manager Derek Adams.

24 November 2013 Ross County performances impresses manager Derek Adams.

7 Dec 2013  Derek Adams: Ross County defence must improve "We haven't started the season well enough this year."

R

Derek Adams quoted yesterday that his team has over achieved at this level so he is not surprised at their correct league position -bye bye Derek :-)

Harsh on Adams given they've lost Vigurs, Lawson, Ikonomou, Wohlfarth, Hainult, Munro, Tokely and Fotheringham. A massive rebuilding job required.

Perhaps a bit short sighted of him to rely so heavily on aging players and to only give last seasons January signings short term contracts, but up until recently that was ICT club policy too.  

I recall they were battling with Dundee down the foot of the table at this stage last season but improved massively after the January transfer window, history will probably repeat itself.

19 May 2013 Ross County boss Derek Adams revels in derby win.  "We've come from the First Division," continued Adams. "We thoroughly dominated the match and obviously the beach balls are burst today.'' 11 July 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his side to be more "direct" this term. 12 July 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his side to be even more attacking this season as he looks to build on last term's heroics. 15 July 2013 Derek Adams uninpressed with Ross County pre-season-“It didn’t work very well for us. We didn’t play well today, there were a lot of players with below-par performances so I think today’s game didn’t work at all for us as a pre-season exercise.' 22 August 2013  Derek Adams says Ross County have the budget to add to his squad but has backed his present players to end their poor start to the season on Saturday. In the immediate aftermath of their third straight defeat , the County manager had warned that underperforming players could leave the Dingwall club.

18 October 2013 ROSS County manager Derek Adams is confident he has enough defensive cover after allowing Grant Munro to quit the club.

9 November 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams expects his players to cope better with crossed balls after conceding four headed goals. 16 November 2013 Ross County manager Derek Adams has refused to read too much into their position in the Scottish Premiership so early in the season.

18 November 2013 “When we had nine men I actually thought we were playing great.''

21 November 2013 Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor promises money to manager Derek Adams.

24 November 2013 Ross County performances impresses manager Derek Adams.

7 Dec 2013  Derek Adams: Ross County defence must improve "We haven't started the season well enough this year."

R

who cares ! ?

• Agree 2

Harsh on Adams given they've lost Vigurs, Lawson, Ikonomou, Wohlfarth, Hainult, Munro, Tokely and Fotheringham. A massive rebuilding job required.

Perhaps a bit short sighted of him to rely so heavily on aging players and to only give last seasons January signings short term contracts, but up until recently that was ICT club policy too.  

I recall they were battling with Dundee down the foot of the table at this stage last season but improved massively after the January transfer window, history will probably repeat itself.

Ict have just given a 34 year old a 3year deal - and whilst they were managerless lol

Ict have just given a 34 year old a 3year deal - and whilst they were managerless lol

He's 33!

I think it's the reason County are losing these players...some of them outside the transfer window and some of them leaving without other deals secured during the window...that should be of most concern.

The last time we took in players during the January window due to current squad not being good enough was the year we sacked Brewster.  All other short term January signings have been to cover injuries/suspensions.

Failing to sign sufficient quality at the start of the season and then having to spend heavily in the January window is not a policy...it's digging yourself out of the mire. Can't imagine those signing the cheques and running up County's debt will tolerate that, or have it tolerated by the fans, for much longer.

I meant that up until recently ICT rarely gave out contracts longer than 1 year and had to rebuild the squad almost every season. The fear of relegation and not being able to sustain the wage bill held us back. It's only when we've felt established and secure that we've become more far sighted in handing out longer term contracts.

He's 33!

He's still flipping auld lol

I meant that up until recently ICT rarely gave out contracts longer than 1 year and had to rebuild the squad almost every season. The fear of relegation and not being able to sustain the wage bill held us back. It's only when we've felt established and secure that we've become more far sighted in handing out longer term contracts.

Oh, you meant that we lived within our means?  Yeah....God forbid any team should do that!

I think it's the reason County are losing these players...some of them outside the transfer window and some of them leaving without other deals secured during the window...that should be of most concern.

The last time we took in players during the January window due to current squad not being good enough was the year we sacked Brewster.  All other short term January signings have been to cover injuries/suspensions.

Failing to sign sufficient quality at the start of the season and then having to spend heavily in the January window is not a policy...it's digging yourself out of the mire. Can't imagine those signing the cheques and running up County's debt will tolerate that, or have it tolerated by the fans, for much longer.

County may have debt but, to be fair, it's not a concern due to the fact that it is personally underwritten by their wealthy and indulgent chairman.

History will repeat itself in that they will sign players to try and improve their position in January, however last season they got lucky in that this worked.  Who's to say that they will sign players who will do the same job this season?  I can't see it personally.  Either way - it's not a long term option to operate like that.  I think if it wasn't for Hearts position they'd be well fecked!

All his summer signings have been rubbish, they lost key players sure but his replacements have been far from good. Graham Carey is probably the only exception to that. 

Lord Brittain has been in poor form which wont help. Given he is one of few within their team that can actually use a football, as well as being club captain

None of their strikers have scored this season, that is probably the most damning stat of all... :getmecoat:

And these reasons are why County are doing so poorly. 

History will repeat itself in that they will sign players to try and improve their position in January, however last season they got lucky in that this worked.  Who's to say that they will sign players who will do the same job this season?  I can't see it personally.  Either way - it's not a long term option to operate like that.  I think if it wasn't for Hearts position they'd be well fecked!

They were 11th last January and after releasing a few players and signing 8 new players they managed to buy their way up to 5th.  Excellent January business.  All 8 of these players have left the club now, with the most recent one being Ivan Sproule. 

If they don't get the same quality of players in this January, I think they are doomed.  The team that finishes 11th goes into the relegation / play off competition with top First Division teams. 

After 6 games without a win, and a 2-1 home defeat by Kilmarnock, these are the thoughts of a top(?) Manager: 

Ross County manager Derek Adams : "The positive that I took was the way we kept possession and Kilmarnock.

"We had 60 per cent possession. We passed the ball 515 times to their 270.''

"So we had a lot of good possession, but now we need to advance that and change that into goals.''

"And we have to stop conceding goals that could be prevented."

Maybe that is how you talk to Dutch players!!!

Ross County 1 Motherwell 2

Possession RC 44%  Motherwell 56%

Shots          RC 14     Motherwell 18

On target    RC   4     Motherwell   5

From the defeated hallucinating Manager:

“We totally dominated. With the chances we created, we obviously deserved to win,” Adams said. “We battered Motherwell today and should have won by four or five today. That’s disappointing. The opening goal straight after we hit the bar is the kind of thing that has happened to us this season.’’

Ross County are away to Dundee United this Saturday!!!

Will be interesting to see what deluded tripe Adams comes up with for their next defeat. Ive heard of sticking up for your team when trying to defend them but he takes the biscuit. Its not even rose tinted specs, its like he's watching a completely different game

One of the sorest losers i've ever seen as a manager