John Hughes

Azgaz

Hughes as a manager is a loser  .. Falkirk, Hibernian, Hartlepool  ..  why oh why did we have to have him when there were other suitable and available candidates. There is only one way we can now progress and that is downwards.

His ability to manage players once a slide in form begins does not exist.  He is one of the most prolific bullshitters in Scottish football and his ability to analyse situations is very poor  ..  you only had to listen to him on Sportsound.

Goodbye the dream, next season it will be a scrap against relegation.

Azgaz as a fan is a loser  ..  why oh why did we have to have him when there were other suitable and available fans. There is only one way he can now progress and that is downwards.

His ability to support players once a slide in form begins does not exist.  He is one of the most prolific bullshitters in Scottish football and his ability to analyse situations is very poor  ..  you only had to listen to him on CTO.

Goodbye Azgaz, next season it will be a scrap against relegation for County.

• Agree 15

yes that's why he got Hibs europe and the best place they have ever finished and managed to create a massive load of brilliant scottish talent which now play in second tier of english football while he was at Falkirk. Also when he joined Hartlepool they were destined for relegation anyway so he managed to make a good group of players that could make a title challenge the following year. Oh by the way when you got back across the bridge remember and enjoy the championship next year 

Guest Mahonio

I think 2nd half, he proved you wrong lad!!

He should be credited for that 2nd half because whatever he said, worked and nearly got us a deserved point from a game we looked dead and buried in!!

Yogi WILL prove you wrong my friend and you'll feel stupid about posting this!!

:ictscarf: Team Yogi :ictscarf:.

I'll be brutally honest here. I don't think Hughes is a good appointment for us. I think he is a very poor manager.

However, I don't see how the first half performance was his fault. The team seemed to be set up as it was under Butcher (same personnel, same formation etc.). Our performance in the first half was shambolic at times as we were cut to shreds by a clinical and lightening quick Aberdeen attack. They were clearly the better side than we were in the first 45 minutes although a four goal lead was perhaps a bit harsh on us.

Football fans are fickle, myself included. Had we got a 4th I'd probably be proclaiming Hughes as some kind of Simeone type mastermind but we didn't but even I don't think Hughes was to blame.

• Agree 3

If John Hughes was forced to change the team and tictacs then it appears that that was a blessing in disguise.

He's a completely different type of person to T Butcher and eventually, anyway, he had to stamp his authority on the team and Caley Thistle's game. So now he has and, from all accounts, what a change?

Even if the energy came from an  arousing rally of  encouraging speech isn't that why he was hired? :clapoverhead:

This,  actually, could be the turning point in the break from Butcher which I  strongly feel was a good thing for this club and it allowed for the Management to introduce new thinking, new character in a new character and set the club up for greater success. Under Butcher, that swas an uncertain future occurrence because his heart never lay in the highlands but did lie in his own advancement first-off and he was bound to leave "any time soon" be it for Barnsley or the Bucharest Boogie-Woogie Bachles.

Now the door has opened to let in the fresh air just watch this team go...... :wave:

• Agree 4

yes that's why he got Hibs europe and the best place they have ever finished and managed to create a massive load of brilliant scottish talent which now play in second tier of english football while he was at Falkirk. Also when he joined Hartlepool they were destined for relegation anyway so he managed to make a good group of players that could make a title challenge the following year. Oh by the way when you got back across the bridge remember and enjoy the championship next year 

Hughes didn't lead Hibs to 'the best place they have ever finished', caleydawson. They've been Scottish champions a few times in the past. But, even taking just 'recent' history -  the SPL era, both Tony Mowbray and Alex McLeish had Hibernian finishing higher than Hughes managed.

Azgaz as a fan is a loser  ..  why oh why did we have to have him when there were other suitable and available fans. There is only one way he can now progress and that is downwards.

His ability to support players once a slide in form begins does not exist.  He is one of the most prolific bullshitters in Scottish football and his ability to analyse situations is very poor  ..  you only had to listen to him on CTO.

Goodbye Azgaz, next season it will be a scrap against relegation for County.

Agree with all you say apart from the last bit.

I think County will be well clear of relegation in the Championship next season.

I'm a huge critic of Hughes and am embarrassed he's the manager but the defeat on Saturday cannot be blamed on him, Aberdeen approached the game with the aggression and respect it deserved and we didn't.

If we were not up for it from the start then its as much down to the players as it is the boss.

In the medium to long term I expect the appointment of Hughes to prove to be a ******* disaster for ICT and for him to drop back to managing the likes of Livingston again after a lengthy period unemployed.  We will need to do some massive rebuilding work once he's gone, my views on that haven't changed from the day he was appointed.

As for comments on his interviews, I really cant say much, I turn them off as soon as the cliches start rolling out.  I'm in denial that he's now the spokesperson for our club, Butcher might've been one dimensional and an egomaniac in his management style but at least he could speak English.

That's not a dig at his accent, I lived in Edinburgh for 4 years and became well adjusted to it.  The Royal Shakespeare Company could perform his interviews and sound like idiots repeating 'honest boys' 10 times in 5 minutes.

I didn't want Hughes but can't we wait for him to fail, rather than constant sniping before this has happened.  After all, a number were expecting very poor things from Butcher but he proved them wrong.  There's no changing that Yogi is the manager in the short-term at least.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt in the meantime.

• Agree 1

For those of a younger generation, the best place Hibs have ever finished is first.

I'm a huge critic of Hughes and am embarrassed he's the manager but the defeat on Saturday cannot be blamed on him, Aberdeen approached the game with the aggression and respect it deserved and we didn't.

If we were not up for it from the start then its as much down to the players as it is the boss.

In the medium to long term I expect the appointment of Hughes to prove to be a ******* disaster for ICT and for him to drop back to managing the likes of Livingston again after a lengthy period unemployed.  We will need to do some massive rebuilding work once he's gone, my views on that haven't changed from the day he was appointed.

As for comments on his interviews, I really cant say much, I turn them off as soon as the cliches start rolling out.  I'm in denial that he's now the spokesperson for our club, Butcher might've been one dimensional and an egomaniac in his management style but at least he could speak English.

That's not a dig at his accent, I lived in Edinburgh for 4 years and became well adjusted to it.  The Royal Shakespeare Company could perform his interviews and sound like idiots repeating 'honest boys' 10 times in 5 minutes.

Fair enough he might not have been your first choice, but if fans of the club don't get behind him the continuation of our success will be a lot less likely. 

So dust yourself down and don't worry you are still welcome to join - TEAM YOGI!

Edited by Iain

Could not agree more -Hughes is an embarrassment and will set cally back years IMO -4 nill down to a team that could not beat or score against a championship side - writing is in the wall already .