Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
post-2-0-08027700-1389529919_thumb.png

post-2-0-08027700-1389529919_thumb.png

Not so sure - the Arabs are a football playing side with lots of pace. I think that we are playing Doran, Ross and Williams in a 4-2-3-1 system with Polworth and Ross sitting. I am afraid that our problem as ever is that our final pass is terrible. Have to agree that wee Billy needs a partner. We are beginning to get a grip and Doran is having a good game.

What a feckin save - great run and cross by Doran - what a leap and header by Billy but followed by a "world class" save. And then Nick Ross should have gone down in the box and then miffed a clear chance. He is also having a good game. Just noticed that Williams is still playing !

Well that was much better than of late - I like the tactical set up which is a change from the Butcher era. I am not shure about playing Shinnie as a holding central midfielder - other than a stop gap. He and Polworth are solid though. Raven looked slow at the start but he is showing us what we have missed. Tremarco settled but was rarely tested. Williams has gone missing and he should be benched soon. Ross has tried and tried but he is frustratingly mild in the challenge and needs to get stuck in more. Get Christie on fer Williams and go 4-2-2-2.

Just hope that the Arabs don't play on Tremarco and they also must see that Brill is showing anxiety.

• Agree 1

annoyed we aint winning after an early to concede straight away from a set piece is just poor. Early indications looked like we may be in for a rough ride but we certainly got right back into and unlucky not to retake the lead. Looking for the same in the second and hope to see doran a bit further forward where he can be dangerous 

Quite encouraged by that half, although I would have loved us to have taken one of those chances as I suspect Utd can and will play better in the second half. It's the most creative we've looked with the ball on the deck for several weeks - Ross in the middle of the park is really capable of opening the game up and Doran's movement has been better than it has been for a while too. Agree with IHE about the lack of physical presence though, which, to be fair, there's not much we can do about. I was struck by how much bigger Utd looked than us as the teams were coming out; ironic, as we've endured years of being dismissed as a 'big, physical team' while all we have heard about this season is their collection of impish schoolboy geniuses.

Second half - come on ICT

• Agree 2

Piece of brilliance from Raven followed by another good cross by Doran but not enuff pace to let Billy's header to be powerful enuff - but he was again in the right spot at the right time. Not so happy about El Aligui coming on for Graham earlier than usual. TV replays show that Graham has ripped his ankle ligaments badly and he is stetchered off.

Here we are exactly half way through the season, and it is remarkable how the first goal in a game has been decisive.  Of our 19 league games:

10 wins – we scored first every time

6 defeats – we conceded first every time

2 no score draws

1 score draw (2-2 at Celtic) – the only game in which the team scoring first didn’t go on to win.

Some people mentioned elsewhere that the players heads seemed to drop the other day after going behind – maybe it’s because they know that they haven't so much as salvaged a draw when that has happened!

The positive thing is that ICT have been incredibly good at holding onto leads.

The message for Hughes is that the only tactic we need is to score the 1st goal, the rest will take care of itself. I don’t know why he didn’t think of this before. :blink: 

#relaxeveryone

• Agree 2

That was a bad miss by Gary Warren with one black boot and one white boot but with a square head !! We need to change it. I would still take off Williams although he has sent in some fine crosses this half.

WHAT the feck is Brill doing. That would have gone down as own goal of the century!!