Orion Offski?

Renegade

My understanding is that the Orion deal, which was negotiated in the middle of the recession, is relatively modest by Premiership standards, certainly a good deal less lucrative than the Flybe deal that went before it.

Given the improvement in the economy, I would be confident that the Orion cash would be at least matched by any new sponsors if Orion decide not to renew.

Here are some of the rules for getting a good sponsor

- No food products allowed.  Imagine being a Fulham fan and having a shirt with Pizza Hut on it, what a beamer.

- Drinks products are fine, although alcoholic drinks on your shirt are a bit tinky.  Blackthorn and Rangers are a perfect match.

- The best sponsors are mad foreign companies with weird names - Keijan and Everton being a prime example.

I'd like to think that this is not Orion pulling out but more the club looking at other options. Orion sponsorship came at a time when we needed a cash injection to balance the books but is not anywhere near what we should be getting for a shirt deal. We get a lot of publicity nowadays and should be able to get a far better deal.

I'd like to think that this is not Orion pulling out but more the club looking at other options. Orion sponsorship came at a time when we needed a cash injection to balance the books but is not anywhere near what we should be getting for a shirt deal. We get a lot of publicity nowadays and should be able to get a far better deal.

I think there's merit in that. Even if Orion were keen to renew I doubt the club would be happy with the current, rather unattractive, terms.

Alex and Kingsmills sum up my thoughts entirely - cheers chaps. Orion have kept us in out of the red which is fair enough but a fresh injection of cash from another source would be welcome and could go a long way towards other possible ventures.

Edited by AJS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to think so Alex but THEY have decided not to renew. To get high value shirt sponsors you need a professional commercial / marketing department - something we just do NOT have.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to think so Alex but THEY have decided not to renew. To get high value shirt sponsors you need a professional commercial / marketing department - something we just do NOT have.

Think thats a tad unfair on the people who work bloody hard to market our club. I also cant see how Orion pulling out is the fault of our marketing. Savage still has a 12.5% shareholding. The fact is that any company will only sponsor so long as they benefit by it. Usually around three years is all a company will sponsor a particular product before they decide a new strategy is required. I dont think Orion are any different. As a company they are competing in a market where there are too few clients for too many companies so I'd imagine they need to look at a different tack for their advertising budget.

I'm going to love watching you having to eat your own words.....again!

• Agree 4