Age fraud

Yngwie

There have been suggestions that Lazio's Cameroonian player Joseph Minala is older than the 17 years that his birth certificate suggests. I think the sceptics might have a point!

post-50-0-05938900-1392286450_thumb.jpg

This article confirms that age fraud has always been rife in Africa, where official documents can be faked or obtained for a bribe. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Many of us will remember Scotland narrowly losing in the final of the U16 World Cup (1988-ish?) to a Saudi team who looked an awful lot older. 

There have been suggestions that Lazio's Cameroonian player Joseph Minala is older than the 17 years that his birth certificate suggests. I think the sceptics might have a point!

attachicon.gifMinala-Lazio.jpg

This article confirms that age fraud has always been rife in Africa, where official documents can be faked or obtained for a bribe. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Many of us will remember Scotland narrowly losing in the final of the U16 World Cup (1988-ish?) to a Saudi team who looked an awful lot older. 

It was 1989. Early Learning shops in Saudi Arabia must sell a lot of shaving foam! I suspect this happens quite a lot in age group distance running where African runners' dates of birth tend to uncelar to say the least.