Pub for Final?

RedCard

Have the supporters club organised a pub/club where we can meet before the final? The Central belt contingent looked at the Celtic supporters club but they have 6 Aberdeen buses in. It would be good to get a venue so that people can meet pre match.

Have the supporters club organised a pub/club where we can meet before the final? The Central belt contingent looked at the Celtic supporters club but they have 6 Aberdeen buses in. It would be good to get a venue so that people can meet pre match.

CJT looking into it but it's not been easy so far...

• Agree 2

CJT looking into it but it's not been easy so far...

Yeah the area doesn't have too many pubs where buses could go, may be best to look at places which are a short bus or taxi trip away.

Great idea!

Given the proximity to the Merchant City, and that's its early in the day, it could be worth thinking about a medium sized bar club that a pre match 'fan zone' could be set up in? I'm thinking somewhere like Maggie Mays, with club downstairs and large bar/restaurant upstairs, or O'Neills down that end of the city, places that would have no issues with youngersters and would offer food, entertainment, that kind of thing?

Blackfriars in the Merchant City would maybe be able to accommodate fans, as they have a basement function bar used for club nights etc. It also has a brilliant beer selection :clapoverhead:

http://www.blackfriarsglasgow.com/

I live on the same street as Blackfriars, great beer selection indeed. Don't know if they would entertain football fans to be honest.

Places like bowling clubs would be a better bet in my opinion, most Merchant City pubs will say no I think.

I have made arrangements with a venue in Rutherglen.  I have spoken with ICT and there shall be 3 buses sent to this venue.  Same idea as the semi and spread them out. This will be around 150-160 people so there is room for another 40 or so people.  If people who want to attend could please PM me and  I will sort out numbers.

The venue itself will open at 1130. I cant comment on drink times.  It is a 2 mile walk to the ground but I have also made arrangement for mini buses to take people to the game.  These are paid for on the day, the venue itself is free.  For those who are using public transport I will give you details in the PM.

Thanks

• Agree 2

I have made arrangements with a venue in Rutherglen.  I have spoken with ICT and there shall be 3 buses sent to this venue.  Same idea as the semi and spread them out. This will be around 150-160 people so there is room for another 40 or so people.  If people who want to attend could please PM me and  I will sort out numbers.

The venue itself will open at 1130. I cant comment on drink times.  It is a 2 mile walk to the ground but I have also made arrangement for mini buses to take people to the game.  These are paid for on the day, the venue itself is free.  For those who are using public transport I will give you details in the PM.

Thanks

Thought I would bump this. Still some spaces left. PM me if you are interested.

Don't think our fans have ever felt less then welcome there tbh, even got some free drinks I believe! While they may take children (not certain), I'm not sure you'd actually want to if you could!

Edited by Fraz