Ticketb*stard

Naelifts

So I sit here credit card in hand waiting to find out what the next move is. On calling the stadium at 10 I was told that all Cup final tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster ( I hate dealing with these crooks who take a massive commission on each sale and allocate you " best available" which is never satisfactory) My heart sank. On dialling their number i get a menu which does not include the Cup Final...........any other queries it says...........phone the stadium. So, I phone the stadium and can't  get through. So here I sit credit card in hand..............

I want 12 tickets and i don't want to sit just anywhere ( which is undoubtedly where the Ticketmaster computer will put me). Why can't we get this right? We keep hearing how Doncaster is treating us like an insignificant wee club. Maybe at this level we are!

Mighty pisssed off

Yes same here, site has ticket sale still as restricted rather than ST for season book holders and you can go no-where else by phone but back to the ticket office which is of course engaged - pathetic - as usual. Can get a ticket online for a basketball game in Los Angeles or a gig in New York but not for my local club....

I can get onto the Ticketmaster site no problem at all and can pick up tickets although you don't get much option other than what block you want to sit in.

Given that sales have only been going on for one hour surely people expected a lot of demand initially and therefore phone lines would be busy? It's not ideal but it's hardly unexpected.

I've not bought mine yet (purchasing for nine people) but I had a quick look and I would be charged a total of £240.

£225 for the tickets, £13.50 booking fee ( :laugh:) and a further £2.00 delivery.

In summary, I would not bother with Ticketmaster but if you still can't get through and start getting desperate it might be your only option. I'm going to keep calling in the hope I can get through.

Edited by RiG

As a centenary member and someone who bought a ticket for the Hearts game online (both qualify for Cup Final purchase priority according to club), it has proved quite difficult to get a Cup Final ticket bought today. No joy online or on Ticketmaster phone number and the club ticket office isn't picking up their phone. 

Not stressing about it yet and totally understand how busy it will be today. Hopefully I'll get through to the club ticket office sometime this afternoon  :ictscarf:

Now the nice Ticket master people are telling me that I do not have enough privileges on my account to qualify for a sale ( it wasn't a human that told me that btw) I am a shareholder for Christs sake.  LIVID

Edited by Naelifts

The club has come good. Never doubted it. Phoned me back and sorted it out. Thank you so much

I've just phoned again and left a message to call me back. My Dons supporting pupils might take great delight from my explanation that the class could be interrupted by a phone call to buy Cup Final tickets in the ICT end...

• Agree 2

There seems to be a problem with registered privileges. I tried online, then phoned the ticket hotline and spoke to a guy who told me I had no privileges. Shareholder, shirt sponsor, centenary club member and CJT member but not registered as such. Sent e-mail to club and got a very nice reply and apology from Kristine Fraser. Ticket office has been hectic since opening this morning and people need to be patient and keep trying. If phoning hotline number (08448471888) select option 2 (renew season ticket) and you'll get through to an operator. If you have registered privileges you can purchase online. Kristine's friendly assistance has secured me two tickets at face value + £2 postage.

Has anyone been down to the stadium yet? Can you pick where you want to sit if you go via there or will literally nowhere allow you to do that? I might take a drive over when the gf gets in, that ticketline are still having problems with who can purchase today, they have it down that i bought tickets for the Hearts game but they still cant sell until they sort something out.

I phoned first thing left a message on phone with my number etc. 30 mins later EMMA called back took my money sorted seats in the section they are going to use for the singing section. All nice and easy. A big thumbs up from me personally. Only downside when they called back I knew it was them and in my eagerness to answe phone cracked my head off a scaffold baton Got an egghead lump and a wee cut which refuses to stop dribbling. Gave the joiners a laugh all the same :)

• Agree 2

I phoned first thing left a message on phone with my number etc. 30 mins later EMMA called back took my money sorted seats in the section they are going to use for the singing section. All nice and easy. A big thumbs up from me personally. Only downside when they called back I knew it was them and in my eagerness to answe phone cracked my head off a scaffold baton Got an egghead lump and a wee cut which refuses to stop dribbling. Gave the joiners a laugh all the same :)

If it's good enough for Yogi!...

• Agree 2