St Johnstone v Inverness CT

jagster

Great result against a side that had a bit of a hoodoo over us last season.... Tansey seems to be an ever present and important part of the team, be interested in hearing how others think he is playing....with Marley, Vincent and Foran fit, we seem to have a bit of strength about us

I see Draper got booked - is that him suspended for yellows over the season? IIRC, we were all sweating about this at beginning of Jan, then he got a straight red against Dross County and served a suspension for that, but not for yellows....

A good set of results for us this weekend.  It was huge to beat st Johnstone because that now opens up a very big  9 point gap between 5th and 6th and we have games in hand.  That means there should ne no worries at all of not making top 6.  I can't see 2 teams putting together a run which would overhaul us.

What may be significant is that the bottom half of the league is now looking very interesting.  There are less points beween 6th and 11th than there are between 5th and 6th.  That means that none of those 6 teams are out of the running for a top 6 place and none are safe from being in the play off place.  That means they will all be battling for every point so it will be important that we go into every game with the correct mindset.  Every match up to the break will be very tough and I guess Aberdeen learnt that lesson yesterday.

Looking over the highlights it seems like Deano had some firm stops there, very impressive display.

I really hope weve turned a corner on this one. Performances of recent have been good and despite the lack of wins we havent actually lost that many games since New Year and our record of clean sheets looks good too. 

Our defending was good but our attacking, apart from the first 10 - 15 minutes, was way below what we can produce. Certainly over the last few weeks as an offensive threat we haven't hit the heights we did earlier in the season.

Just two goals since the start of the year although to be fair he isn't the most creative forward. He seems to rely on others to create chances for him which he tucks away. The guys playing behind him need to create some more opportunities for the guy.

• Agree 1

What I have noticed with recent one-on-ones with the keeper is that Billy tends to blast it straight at them at the moment - noticed that in the semi final and in the league game again against Hearts.  A little chip now and then would solve that.  He still seems to have the positional sense, just doesn't seem to have the killer touch at the moment.

Maybe he's having a bit of a flat spell, but he needs better supply and support. When he's the isolated one man up front, he's our only target and is always going to be heavily marked. He needs more linking from the midfielders, or another forward to play off.

• Agree 1