Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

It's the refereeing inconsistencies that are bad. The tackle by a Hearts player on Billy Mackay in the semi was worse than any of the tackles yesterday yet no sending off. Another general point, players can commit foul after foul all over the pitch and are only rarely yellow carded but one "error of judgement" can get a player sent off. Football authorities have basically taken the discretion away from referees now with very few willing to stand up and make their own decisions.

Tansey was probably a red card but Watkins was ridiculous. We shouldn't be giving idiots like collum decisions to make though as we can all see they can't wait to send players off.

Unfortunately you could replace 'collum' with the name of any Scottish ref and make the same statement. It would be better with a random decision maker - at least that would be more consistent.

Just found this link on Willie Collum. Adding today's Red Cards that takes him to 14 Red cards!

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=966

Not trying to incinerate anything - but isn't this tally a bit suspicious?  Last November alone he dished out around 20 yellow and 7 reds !!   Perhaps he had toothache that month...

Just found this link on Willie Collum. Adding today's Red Cards that takes him to 14 Red cards!http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=966

Not trying to incinerate anything - but isn't this tally a bit suspicious?  Last November alone he dished out around 20 yellow and 7 reds !!   Perhaps he had toothache that month...

There was another stat going about that 2 referees had given 2 red cards between them in 46 games.

What I don't understand is why isn't the SPFL commenting on this, there's too much of an imbalance.

What I don't understand is why isn't the SPFL commenting on this, there's too much of an imbalance.

Does it involve changing any rules to the benefit of Der Hun? If not, that would explain the deafening silence from the footballing authorities.

Sorry but on ma way back home and that has to be the worst trip that I have ever be on - the only positive of the game was the attitude and performance of graham Shinnie. The turnout was a feckin disgrace and we were almost outnumbered by the arabs. The performance was disgraceful. It looked as if nearly everybody - on and off the park had Cellic Park on their minds. Our discipline is also disgraceful. I would go as far as telling Tansey to stay at home and not the first time that he has let us down. Watkins was unlucky.

Brill can be a feckin bombscare and why did we not take on Devine - possibly becos Meekings was having a nightmare as well. Our defence looked ragged and Raven regressed to passing to the other side again. Lets face it it could have been 10.

And to finish it off I was treated to the mayhem of the car park!!

I suppose that it can only get better but I would suggest playing the reserves against Hibs. At leastvwe are not going in to the final smug and overconfident. And we could have had another cup day in Perth against Albion Rovers.

Playing the feckin teserves

Just read back through this thread - best one fer yonks. I like Brill and he to me was the hero of the semi final BUT does he have the bottle. After the last two games he is not exactly providing confidence to those in front of him. But "drop" him or "rest" him on Wednesday would be fotballing suicide unless it is decided that Esson starts twice. I would persevere with Brill.

Sadly I think we were outnumbered by the Away support.

The opening two goals were farcical but more frustrating for me was that they were scored within a few seconds of us having the ball well in the United half and, in theory, away from any immediate danger. Before the first goal was scored we actually had the ball, albeit from a throw in, but we somehow contrived to turn it over almost immediately after taking the throw and a couple of quick passes later United were in and had scored. For the second goal we had a corner which was quickly cleared and United raced upfield to grab another goal within seconds of Doran taking the corner. It was incredible how quickly a situation, where there should have been little threat, turned into a goal for the opposition.

The opening two goals were farcical but more frustrating for me was that they were scored within a few seconds of us having the ball well in the United half and, in theory, away from any immediate danger. Before the first goal was scored we actually had the ball, albeit from a throw in, but we somehow contrived to turn it over almost immediately after taking the throw and a couple of quick passes later United were in and had scored. For the second goal we had a corner which was quickly cleared and United raced upfield to grab another goal within seconds of Doran taking the corner. It was incredible how quickly a situation, where there should have been little threat, turned into a goal for the opposition.

But would that have happened if we had had Richie as midfield enforcer -as almost everyone apart from the management wanted him to play?  I don't think so. I think he would have helped to either slow down or snuff out most of the quick breaks; as Draper does usually.

As well as the lack of a strong central midfield, we can't underestimate the ground staff's contribution to the first two goals - more like playing on a beach than a football ground.

Is this not the way we always played? Absorb pressure, let the opposition hold a high line and then one ball out of defence could create a potential goal. This is why McKay was so successful where he found himself in a forward position with one defender and keeper to beat. Now the whole defence is around him when he receives the ball and scoring is a bit more difficult.

At the moment we are the ones holding a high line and we are the ones getting caught.

I feel it is rethink time for Sunday.

• Agree 1

As well as the lack of a strong central midfield, we can't underestimate the ground staff's contribution to the first two goals - more like playing on a beach than a football ground.

I find it funny that only CaleyThistle played on this bad pitch, if for instance it was our home ground we would know how to play on it but as we only play there errr... every two weeks, how were we to know how to handle it?

I've heard suggestions that the players pulled out of appearances at schools today, apparently because of the defeat. Not the best PR the week before the final, if of course it is true.

Possibility because they were called in for extra training?

I've heard suggestions that the players pulled out of appearances at schools today, apparently because of the defeat. Not the best PR the week before the final, if of course it is true.

As unfortunate as it is for the players not to attend the schools etc I am very glad if this is true that they have been called in for extra training. 

Hearing there is school visits later in the week do hopefully just rescheduled. Our club do loads of school visits and would never let kids down.

Press day today too!

If they are re-scheduled then that's good enough for me.  Quite a few angry parents on fb complaining about how their school visit had been cancelled which didn't sound good at face value!

For me I think the most important thing is for the team to get their confidence up again and get focussed.  The last thing we want is a nervous team going into the final, full of players not wanting the ball in case they make mistakes.  Hopefully all the shouting/negative stuff was out of the way yesterday and today was for re-grouping and looking ahead.

If they are re-scheduled then that's good enough for me.  Quite a few angry parents on fb complaining about how their school visit had been cancelled which didn't sound good at face value!

All have their occupation as 'Full Time Mummys' I bet. dry.png

For me I think the most important thing is for the team to get their confidence up again and get focussed.  The last thing we want is a nervous team going into the final, full of players not wanting the ball in case they make mistakes.  Hopefully all the shouting/negative stuff was out of the way yesterday and today was for re-grouping and looking ahead.

The club have replied on FB that the players weren't scheduled to meet these kids today. Apparently must be a misunderstanding? However trying to sort something out to make up for their disappointment.

All have their occupation as 'Full Time Mummys' I bet. dry.png

I did think about going in with the 'seething' 'verge of tears' type patter when I read the comments. However I'm far to nice for that.

Above is correct as I was at at 1 off the venues and players informed venue last week they would not be available so nothing to do with result. As a result of the confusion the club have agreed to send players to schools on Thursday. We all know the club is good in the community and nothing has changed.

• Agree 2