Hugh Keevins take on ICT

DALNEIGHCALEY

Direct quotes from Hugh Keevins from today's Record , " in truth , a cup win for them would've been like someone coming to your house without a carry-out and leaving with a full bottle of whiskey .

The Caley Jags didn't bring much to the party and left Glasgow empty handed . "

On our support , " the Caley crew applauded politely and did nothing much to disturb the peace while they got used to this cup final lark .

They had no songs for players ,no chants and no inclination to do anything that would cause offence.

but they had no previous experience of such days to draw on and were self conscious as a result .

They sat on the seats provided instead of standing up , even in moments of high excitement , resembling the mannerly gathering you'd get at a game in North Korea . "

So he doesn't like that we have no chants. Well, Hugh, we can fix that for you. May I suggest a chorus of 'Hugh Keevins, you're a w@nker, you're a w@nker" at our next home game?

Unfortunately for Hugh, our songs and chants make no reference to our father's choice of apparel, building projects in Londonderry or agriculture in Athenry, so I guess he would struggle to comprehend.

He's just pissed that his beloved OF and their bigotry were not there.............feckin fanny!!

We were in the pub at Queen street station after the game and a couple of Bluenoses got talking to us..........."this would never happen if it was a Rangers v Celtic game the day" says one, referring to us and some Dons fans in the same pub having a bit of banter. Family final, two Highland teams, long may Keevins carry out be nobbled the muppet

i was near the front on 114 and yes were sat down but it was hard to stand up because most people were sitting and it made it hard to stand especially with a young boy sat just behind me. But make no mistake we were up out of seats every time the boys came near the goal and i was out of my seat more than once to tell the dons fans to sit down when they became overly excited. When i was one work experience at the Daily Express i met Hugh Keevins a few times and he ws the most boring guy i have met. While every other journo from a range of different papers were cracking jokes and having fun while we waited for Neil Lennon (who was being interviewed) Keevins made very little input and when he did speak it was slow drones of guff out of his mouth. He is a dinosaur in a new age where stories are not all about bigotry and sectarianism. As for our lack of songs we do have individual songs for players and Aberdeen didn't have a massive songbook past stand free and Aberdeen Aberdeen. The only reason why they made a louder noise than us at times is because of the small fact of them having over 30,000 more people there.   

My @rse didn't touch the seat from the moment I arrived until the moment I left..... and nor did anyone else's in 112! He's just sore because two sets of fans from north of the "Falkirk Gap" went and enjoyed a cup final without the bitter taste of sectarianism to spoil the day. He'd better get used to it: Dundee United v St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup final?

Bitter central belt journalist writes bitter article for a paper designed to cater for massaging the egos of Rangers and Celtic fans.

Aside from Michael Gannon the Record is a piss poor publication in terms of its non Old Firm coverage.

Unfortunately, I can recognise the comments made on the ICT support, because I was complaining throughout the game and after that I was disappointed that most around me were happy sitting (lots of kids though). How our whole support behaved as an 8000 strong group was pitiful. We couldn't get though 2 lines of stand up for thd caley jags before folk were flipping down their chairs to get back down again. Even when the pleyers were trying to rowse something extra from us, As an 8000 strong group of ICT fans we offered little more than some clapping and cheering. We just didn't give them 12th man inspiration IMO, to push that tiny bit harder etc. - As for keevins comment on the footy team- nothing I can write without expletives safe to say I disagree.

• Agree 2

Thank God people like him are becoming increasingly irrelevant in modern Scottish life. By the sounds of things he watched the game whilst drinking at home or in the pub. He was probably just annoyed that he wasn't being buttered up by either half of the Old Firm or people who still take what this joke of a human being says as verbatim.