Team for Partick Thistle

WYNESS101

Brill

Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie

Draper, Tansey

Ross, Christie, Williams

Foran

Subs: Esson, Tremarco, Devine, Vincent, Doran, Watkins, Billy

Im not dropping Billy cos I think hes been poor. Its purely to give him a rest.

4-4-2 doesn't seem to work and 4-2-3-1 seems to be defensively ok on the whole leaves us weak up top.  For that reason, I'd go for 4-3-3 formation, with 3 up top, but also keeping the 3 in midfield to try and keep hold of that area.  Raven and Shinnie bombing up and down providing the width.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Tansey Draper Christie

Doran Foran Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Ross, Watkins, Vincent, Williams

• Agree 1

4-4-2 doesn't seem to work and 4-2-3-1 seems to be defensively ok on the whole leaves us weak up top. For that reason, I'd go for 4-3-3 formation, with 3 up top, but also keeping the 3 in midfield to try and keep hold of that area. Raven and Shinnie bombing up and down providing the width.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Tansey Draper Christie

Doran Foran Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Ross, Watkins, Vincent, Williams

I like the idea of this formation. Poss move foran back to the middle and push Christie up to play In the hole behind the front guys.

Gotta try something to get the goals again.

I'm going with a 3-5-2 as follows: -

Brill

Warren - Devine - Meekings

Raven - Tansey - Foran - Christie - Shinnie

Watkins - McKay

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, Pepper, Ross, Draper, Evans & Doran

I've been saying it for weeks now that Draper flatters to deceive and Vincent can't keep up with the pace in games. Both lose the ball too easily which puts pressure on our defence. We also need to tighten up in defence so I would like to see three at the very back with Raven and Shinnie playing a dual role as wing-backs breaking down attacks from the opposition and supporting our attacks. Foran has to play the main anchor role in midfield and young Ryan has done enough in his last three games as sub to warrant a start.  

Brill

Raven  Warren  Meekings  Shinnie

Doran  Tansey     Draper       Ross

Vincent

Foran

Subs: Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Polworth, Christie, Watkins, Mckay.

Billy needs a rest, he has looked tired in the last few games and may gain some confidence coming on for the last 25 minutes and grabbing a couple of goals. A recharged Billy will be required for the Utd game next week.

Ross was superb against Hibs, gets the ball down and plays it simple and deserves a start.

Christie must be close to starting but probably needs a few more games as a Sub where he can come on and influence games against a tiring opposition.

Edited by dave26

We are all back to chopping and changing !!

Brill and the back four practically picks itself - however I feel that a BIG decision needs to be made about Shinnie (for him and the team) - should he be given a run as part of a wide midfielder ? I feel that Tremarco is a solid defender and would benefit from someone with mobility like Shinnie covering him.

Then who plays wide right - to me Watkins is the main choice over there. Doran is close behind but it looks like he has lost favour (and it shows).

Who are the best defensive midfield duo ? I would actually put Vincent in there. Draper is the other and I think his new contract puts him in poll position.

In the hole could be Christie or Ross - Lets try Christie - or what about McKay dropping back that wee bit.

Up front - why not Foran ? - like Shinnie we need to make a decision as to where he is playing (again for him and the team) - Lets face it he has become a utility man - a stop gap and that is unhelpful

It will not happen (Yet) but:

BRILL

RAVEN  WARREN  MEEKINGS  TREMARCO

WATKINS  VINCENT  DRAPER  SHINNIE

McKAY

FORAN

SUBS: ESSON, DEVINE, TANSEY, ROSS, CHRISTIE, DORAN, POLWORTH