Dundee Utd -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

Let's not beat about the bush, Brill was poor last night, not for the first time imo, and should be dropped. End of.

I don't think dropping our number 1 goalkeeper is really an option, fair enough he would get rested but he would lose a lot of confidence in doing so. As OCG above said that Dean Brill had a really good game last Saturday and we got a clean sheet.

I watched the second goal for United a few times to get a good understanding of it and most definitely the last person to blame is Dean Brill for conceding.

David Raven passes back to the keeper - fair enough nobody was really challenging him and Dean Brill could pass to Josh Meekings

Dean Brill passes to Josh Meekings - You could argue that Dean Brill could have cleared it but the safest option was to pass to Josh Meekings which he did. 

Josh Meekings passes back to Dean Brill - This is where the issue lies. Ryan Dow could easily intercept as he was fairly close to Josh Meekings to intercept and he does so. Graeme Shinnie was in clear passing space so all Josh Meekings needed to do was turn with the ball or turn and clear it. Passing back was never the safest option and it put Dean Brill in an awkward position. 

therefore Josh Meekings is at fault for this goal and I find it harsh on Dean Brill to be accused to be at fault over this. 

However I must confess that I am finding Dean Brill's kicking an issue at the moment. All the home games in the last month, it looks like Dean feels quite awkward when he gets passed back to. 

Mine included, but you are only as good as your last game..............and his last game was poor. How long would we put up with any other player making game changing errors?

• Agree 2

I admire your loyalty to Brill, and it's understandable, but he is to blame, not Josh, Old Caley Girl or davie. The problem is it's not the first time, cult status or not. ffs people are quicker to ask for Yogi's head, but he can't compensate for individual errors.

I admire your loyalty to Brill, and it's understandable, but he is to blame, not Josh, Old Caley Girl or davie. The problem is it's not the first time, cult status or not. ffs people are quicker to ask for Yogi's head, but he can't compensate for individual errors.

Agreed but one thing Yogi can influence is tactics and I suspect that he is firmly behind why the ball was played back to Brill in the first place. Under Butcher, would we have seen the ball from Brill going to Meekings in the first place? I feel that Yogi is forcing a style upon the team that simply does not suit the players that we have. It concerns me greatly and it takes a big man to change his philosophy - will Yogi do so?

• Agree 3

Not convicted we've got the option to replace him at the moment tho even if we wanted to? IMHO the issue with Dean and the defence is that they are not comfy with all with this constant passing to each other and pass backs. There's a loss of confidence and we are getting caught. If this is pretty passing football asthe pundits seem to suggest then you can stick it!

• Agree 1

Its a comedy of errors which happened whoever you blame. Meekings does have to take some blame for failing to hit the pass harder which is an elementary mistake in such a dangerous position. Brills clearance was not very clever and the rest is history but we should not be arguing about whose fault it is but why this has become an issue. There are lots of wolves on this forum looking to get there teeth stuck in Hughes. But we must give him time because there have been flickers of what sort of team we can be under Yogi we just havent done it consistently. The passing out of defence is the best option for us with such a small striker but players must take responsibility as well as the manager if things go wrong. Hughes is trying to stamp his authority on the side but the players also have to use common sense and have a little bit of game sense. Meekings who i believe was the player also involved in the cup fiasco for United's second goal has to have some sense of danger.  

I think we can expect our next few opponents to see the weakness and start chasing down all the passbacks.

I would like to see our front men do that a little more determindly as well.  Opposition keepers are rarely threatened in that way but can look just as shakey as Brill on the rare occasions they are.

I thought it was the wrong decision in dropping Esson in the first place , I dont recall him ever making the cock ups Brill keeps repeating .

I think Esson got injured before the season started and Brill and the defence were so solid for a long time he just never got a look in. Not the case now though sadly!

I thought it was the wrong decision in dropping Esson in the first place , I dont recall him ever making the **** ups Brill keeps repeating .

I think Esson got injured before the season started and Brill and the defence were so solid for a long time he just never got a look in. Not the case now though sadly!

Not been the case for a long time IMHO .

I thought it was the wrong decision in dropping Esson in the first place , I dont recall him ever making the **** ups Brill keeps repeating .

No his were different......................but even more costly.

Really? I think you'll have to explain that one bughtmaster

Certainly, if you would like to go back to some of my posts when he was playing you will find mention of him not turning up 'till goals were scored against him.

Lack of concentration, not cutting out crosses, not commanding our defence.

Ryan was a very good keeper until laterally when the operative word became was. Probably down to injury unfortunately which may have had a large bearing on his performance.