Subs - Esson, Foran, Devine, Polworth, Christie, Ross, Tremarco

Presume Doran will be out again.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Vincent

Watkins  Christie  Williams

Mckay

subs - Esson, Polworth, Tremarco, Ross, Devine, Evans

Presume Doran and Foran out. If Foran is fit, I'd play him instead of Vincent. Doran on the bench if fit.

Brill

Draper Vincent

Mckay

Presume Doran and Foran out. If Foran is fit, I'd play him instead of Vincent. Doran on the bench if fit.

No Tansey?

-Brill-

-Raven- Meekings - Warren - Shinnie -

- Draper - Foran*

- Doran** - Ross - Watkins

- Mckay -

* If not fit, replace with Tansey.

** If not fit, place Watkins there and play Williams left. Or Vincent in middle and Ross left.

Bring on likes of Evans, Christie, Polworth early if possible. Or even start them where possible.

This would be my team:

Brill

Raven   Warren   Meekings   Shinnie

Tansey  Draper

Watkins    Christie   Ross

Mckay

Doran in for Watkins if he is fit. Can't see Hughes going with this though unfortunately.

• Agree 1

If we could at least start with some wingers it'll be a start.

Would assume Foran will miss out so Tansey drops back in and I'd start Christie in the hole. If we play 4-2-3-1 the playmaker needs to be looking for and demanding the ball every time we have it, something that Christie did when he came on the park last night.

I'd start Brill but I reckon he's one howler away from being dropped

Brill

Draper Tansey

Watkins Christie Ross

Mckay

If we could at least start with some wingers it'll be a start.

Would assume Foran will miss out so Tansey drops back in and I'd start Christie in the hole. If we play 4-2-3-1 the playmaker needs to be looking for and demanding the ball every time we have it, something that Christie did when he came on the park last night.

I'd start Brill but I reckon he's one howler away from being dropped

Brill

Draper Tansey

Watkins Christie Ross

Mckay

Have to say I liked that from Christie, he wanted the ball at every opportunity. Augers well for the future. I'd like him to play a significant part, even if he doesn't start.

Brill

Draper Vincent

Mckay

No Tansey?

Good spot! Would be on the bench or instead of Vincent - the crucial point is not to try to squeeze all of the central midfielders on the pitch at once.

I am surprised at the lack of enthusiasm from fans for playing both Polworth and Christie in a team that is very obviously struggling to create in the midfield area. Please study the terrific involvement of both in last Wednesday's goal at Tannadice.

'Davie' posts on the sack the manager thread that we should not play these talented young lads until there is nothing to play for??? What an astonishingly poor attitude and one obviously not shared by the manager, staff and fans at Dundee Utd who regularly play and support Gauld, Robertson, Dow and Armstrong in their starting eleven.

Having watched all of the last six ICT matches I would question greatly the contributions made by Vincent and Watkins and their lack of a regular goal threat is hugely apparent.

I also find it strange that most fans argue for a 4-2-3-1 system but also question the lack of attacking width - most football folk will tell you that while a 4-2-3-1 gives excellent defensive cover it does not allow for natural width when going forward.

Therefore if Foran has not recovered from his knee injury from Tannadice I would go for;

Brill/Esson???

Raven/Meekings/Warren/Tremarco

Polworth/Draper

Tansey/Christie/Shinnie

Mackay.

Credit to Caley Boy, Jnr ICT and Alex Jones for being some of the very few who are keen to see the young talented players given a chance NOW! 

I haven't exactly got a team

But we seem to be putting round pegs in square holes

So not being a person with super management skills I feel I will leave that to the experts. I do however think our formation is two loose at the back. I feel our superb goalkeeper is taking a lot of flack for weak midfield play which is putting our defence under too much pressure. So I suggest we play with wing backs.

Devine was superb in the cup final and he should be in the team. this would be perfect as 3 centre backs would be needed , I am sure Shinnie and Raven would enjoy the room to attack as wing backs. Vincent and Foran when fit would do nicely in midfield in front of the centre backs  with McKay up front with Doran and Ross behind him

No need to play wingers with wing backs.  I have seen this formation played under Neil Warnock and it worked well. I know we have a lot of up and coming youngsters but I feel they should be put on the back burner and used next August.