Mr Angry

Has anyone else heard the guy in Section D (I think)?  He speaks with a broad Invernesian accent and seems to go on rants that last a good few minutes!  Classic entertainment!

Someone must know him as there can't be many that have such an accent amongst all the incomers

Dougal

• Agree 2

Has anyone else heard the guy in Section D (I think)?  He speaks with a broad Invernesian accent and seems to go on rants that last a good few minutes!  Classic entertainment!

Someone must know him as there can't be many that have such an accent amongst all the incomers

Dougal

That barely make sense you dullard.

I feel bad for you man but try getting a hobby or something.

Dougal

That barely make sense you dullard.

I feel bad for you man but try getting a hobby or something.

A hobby is probably still a fair way along the road for Dougal, since even the getting of a life still seems to be eluding him.

Dougal

Interesting that it seems to bother you that people not from Inverness attend ICT games. I had you pegged for many things dougal but not a bigot.

Dougal

You are absolutely right Dougal, I feel so ashamed and almost dirty now for supporting a team from a town I have not lived in and only loosely associate with through being a Highlander.

I shall write to Kenny apologising for soiling the sacred ground with my unclean presence and not having the good grace to just loiter in the Away end, and revert to watching my local team instead.

Although how I get from Aberdeen to Portree every second weekend may be a challenge.

(You didn't think I was going to start going to the sheep shank did you . . .?)

I fail to see how you come to that conclusion Rig

If anything I'm having a dig at the hundreds/thousands of Invernessians that have rejected ICT not the hundreds of incomers who have swelled our paltry support since the off

We average about 2500 hard core support and half are incomers so they should be applauded because without them we would not have an SPL team

Take it Bannerman taught you in School as you don't appear to be the sharpest

Dougal

• Agree 4

Gentlemen. A wee reminder about the rules of the forum pertaining to personal abuse.

If you are not familiar with them I suggest you take a look now.

just want to re-iterate this moderator post as it seems to be abuse and counter-abuse in here as opposed to banter. consider this thread on a yellow card and in danger of being closed.

I think Dougal has been consistent on this point - and it is a good one.  As a club we suffer from the mentality of locals who would rather support Celtic, some other longer established club or even the newly established club down Ibrox way.  To  a large extent this will be because there was not a Scottish League side in the Highlands when they started watching football.  In many cases this disease is passed on from parents to children but if the kids can be immunised against it by getting a dose of ICT from time to time then we may slowly get crowds picking up.

The situation with incomers is a different matter.  You can't expect folk born and brought up elsewhere in Scotland to suddenly support ICT just because they live here.  That cuts both ways and it is important for the quality and volume of our away supporters that Invernesians exiled in the Central Belt that they maintain their allegience to ICT.

For incomers like me from South of the Border there is less of a problem.  ICT are never going to play my home town team so there is no conflict of interest.  No reason whilst we shouldn't support ICT and, as Dougal observes, there are good numbers who do.

But back to the OP's post.  If this bloke's girlfriend looks like his Dad he is hardly in a position to criticise others for errors of judgement - every reason to be angry, though.

• Agree 3

As a natural-born, handsome and charismatic Invernesian, I for one am shocked at these revelations that many of the people who sit around me on a Saturday are not natively born Invernesians such as myself!  I had no idea so many unclean non-Invernesians attended ICT games and I am shocked and saddened that even people from England (insert screeching violin sounds here!) attend matches!  

How I have survived this long without coming down with some terrible disease, such as rickets or the plague, is quite simply a miracle!

Henceforth I shall be rounding up all non-Invernesian ICT going people, Dog the Bounty Hunter-style forwith and hand them into police where I'm sure they will be fairly but sternly dealt with by Chief Constable Dougal!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

If anything I'm having a dig at the hundreds/thousands of Invernessians that have rejected ICT not the hundreds of incomers who have swelled our paltry support since the off

We average about 2500 hard core support and half are incomers so they should be applauded because without them we would not have an SPL team

Dougal

I would consider myself to be amongst the "not the brightest" brigade but even with my limited intelligence I wouldn't come on here and challenge anybody else without taking the time to check my post for basic punctuation/grammar etc. or getting one of the grandchildren to correct it. Smacks of pot calling the kettle black in my opinion. Before anybody takes the time to point out my mistakes, I would like to reiterate that I know my English isn't great so you would be wasting your time. 

...it is important for the quality and volume of our away supporters that Invernesians exiled in the Central Belt that they maintain their allegience to ICT.

Don't worry, you've no chance of us supporting any of the manky unwashed or weegie overspill down here.

:ictscarf:

Although Capital Caley is now more keen on english non league football it seems!  :blink:

Dougal

You often bring it up in such a negative tone it's almost impossible not to infer that you have some kind of issue with "outsiders" coming along to ICT games. Personally I couldn't care less where people come from to support us. Those who turn up to support ICT home (and away) are great in my eyes. We are hardly in a position to turn folk away from our matches or criticising those who do attend.

It's a shame that more folk don't turn up but that topic has been done to death. Instead of repeatedly dragging it back up from the depths and if you don't have a problem with so called outsiders coming along to the games what exactly are you doing to try and get some of your fellow Invernessians along to matches aside from moaning about it on an internet forum?

As for your final sentence grow up and stop throwing petty insults around like a spoilt child. It's absolutely pathetic.

Edited by RiG

It's all gone a bit off track this. I really just wanted to make a genuine observation about the value of having a really passionate supporter who encourages the crowd to get behind the team. As for the xenophobic stuff it belongs in a bygone age. Even Inverness is a multicultural city these days and I couldn't care less about the accent, skin colour or past football allegiances of my fellow fans as long as they encourage the team. Mr Angry and his two accomplices are worth any number of grumbly mumbly old men regardless of their local pedigree in terms of the impact they have on the match.

• Agree 7

My thanks to Renegade for alleviating the irritation I feel at reading the odd post of his that I hardly agree with, by demonstrating his  unique sense of humour above.

Rennie, old chap, you should use that weapon of yours more often since it is wry, subtle and quite insightful and for an old Pimple   a good chuckle in a rather demented world.

Be thankful --you are blessed; you  got it man! :lol:

My thanks to Renegade for alleviating the irritation I feel at reading the odd post of his that I hardly agree with, by demonstrating his unique sense of humour above.

Rennie, old chap, you should use that weapon of yours more often since it is wry, subtle and quite insightful and for an old Pimple a good chuckle in a rather demented world.

Be thankful --you are blessed; you got it man! :lol:

Personally I'd rather not see Rene's weapon.

• Agree 1