LATAPY ?

I reckon our wide play has been improving in the last few games - also our set pieces look much more useful (well, less useless!)

I would tentatively credit Latapy for both of those things.

Our problem seems to be a shortage of width - Doran is probably our best winger, and even he tends to cut inside in situations where a cross would be much more dangerous.

Ross and Christie could both play on the wing, but they seem to all wind up in the middle, trying to win the ball.

This means when the opposition breaks, there is loads of space for them to pass into - we are losing the midfield battle by playing too many men there.

Defence looks short of confidence, and no wonder - in too many games they have been over-run and cut to pieces.

I'm guessing Hughes thought he could tighten things up defensively by changing away from the 4-2-3-1 we played under Butcher, I think he's now realised that was a mistake, and there are signs we are getting back to playing a more shrewd attacking game, and not inviting so much pressure.

We've missed Foran, and we still are missing him - he's well off the pace, and obviously has ongoing problems with his knee.

Draper has been great recently, but we need two players of that type on the field at a time to allow the others to attack.

Edited by MacShimidh

Sneckboy, you are quite entitled to form your own opinions....but you are not entitled to form your own facts, especially erroneous ones.

Tomorrow nights match will be the 13th game in 46 days for ICT.  No other team has had a schedule that comes anywhere close to that.

What makes it even harder to swallow is that it was not a situation of our making.

I take exception to that, CaleyD.

If I'm posting, then I fastidiously check my statistics before submitting. I stand by my observations that we've played no less games than Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United or St Johnstone.

OK,  I don't doubt for a minute your stats - but the figures I 'quoted' were for the full season!

But, while I'm on, I've got to say, this obsession with tiredness is incredible.

If Billy was knocking the goals in, I doubt anyone would be saying, "hey, Billy must be tired around now, we've got to rest him"!

Luis Suarez playing for Uruguay at the World Cup? - after the season he's had, at that level? No thanks, he'll be too tired!!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this 'too tired' applies to all teams! How can't folk see that? It's their job! We don't get 'rested' at our jobs!

To be brutally honest, in football, 'needing a rest' tends to mean, not good enough!

And finally, ICTOline is surely forum for all - not just for folk wanting to 'big the club up' at any cost - what it is, and should hopefully remain to be, is a platform for discussion, with both praise and criticism. But what it's not is a fans' forum, per se...one doesn't exist!

We've only one discussion forum (demonstrating how small a club we are), so naturally there will be conflict!

Do we really want the irony of a split into (Caley Happy Clappers) and Inverness Constructive Talk - (ICT)?

There would surely remain some bitter resentment if the two ever tried to merge?! 

Got to a Cup final, first derby win in Dingwall for almost forever and yogi and latapy are doing poorly? Let's be fair here yes we've not been consistent in our performances and at times we've been comical to watch. But on our a day we can play. Is it gonna take time to get us to do that consistently? Yes. Will it take time? Yes. So calm yer titties mun! We'll be back to our normal selves in no time.

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 1

Sneckboy, you are quite entitled to form your own opinions....but you are not entitled to form your own facts, especially erroneous ones.

Tomorrow nights match will be the 13th game in 46 days for ICT.  No other team has had a schedule that comes anywhere close to that.

What makes it even harder to swallow is that it was not a situation of our making.

This forum will be much less fun if we have to stick to facts Don :smile:

On the face of it don't know why assistant wasn't present in dug out for a "must win" match tonight. Or have I missed something?

He was there tonight and made a brief appearance. Must of been sitting in the dugout. 

On the face of it don't know why assistant wasn't present in dug out for a "must win" match tonight. Or have I missed something?

He was there tonight and made a brief appearance. Must of been sitting in the dugout.

Oh well apologies to RL. Every time I looked it was only Scott Kellacher I saw

Oh well apologies to RL. Every time I looked it was only Scott Kellacher I saw

To be fair to you it was that brief if you blinked you missed it. Kellacher was very active last night.

Got to a Cup final, first derby win in Dingwall for almost forever and yogi and latapy are doing poorly? Let's be fair here yes we've not been consistent in our performances and at times we've been comical to watch. But on our a day we can play. Is it gonna take time to get us to do that consistently? Yes. Will it take time? Yes. So calm yer titties mun! We'll be back to our normal selves in no time.

Happy clapper alert !!!

He was not in the dug out last night.i was sat in the row behind.

I am sat above the ICT dugout and a good view of it and I definitely do recall Russell Latapy making a brief appearance.

Happy clapper alert !!!

Original...

• 2 weeks later...

Even more disappointed - anybody indeed many hold that footballing philosophy - I would prefer to see his influence on the pitch and on the sidelines instead of maintaining the ability to nutmeg. Plus Watkins was polite and respectful rather than influenced and admiring of a role model.