Last nights singing

Frizzle

As a loyal caley fan I was completely mortified at our fans singing about brittains wife jumping off the kessock bridge. Having a newborn baby Is hard enough without depression. This girl has been through hell and as a mother I cannot imagine sitting at a football match listening to mindless idiots singing about my personal and very difficult circumstances. Shame on you all !

• Agree 15

Watched the match on BT so it was not clear what was being sung.

If what you say is true then the perpetuators should be singled out and put out!

The behaviour of some of these young men and children is a disgrace that does nothing for our reputation.

I have watched, along with stewards and police, as the mob chant/sing foul and abusive phrases but nothing is done.

I know we need to keep our numbers up but do we really want these people in our ranks?

neksor

• Agree 3

Is not the first and wont be last time some ill judged songs are sung by football fans not just ours. Yeah it wasn't great but they petered out pretty quick ss not many sung along. It was the same group that sang throughout the match and kept the noise up at ICT end. Yellow card would suffice.

I agree totally with Frizzle I was near enough to hear exactly what was being sung and it was absolutely disgusting also Richard Brittain was within earshot and responded with a thumbs up gesture to these numbskulls. It was embarrassing to be associated with them.

Anyone who is flippant about this is no better than these idiots .Ok it was only a few but enough to be heard and in my view one is one too many .

There have been ill judged songs before but to aim at someone with the problems that Richard Brittains wife has is as about as low as you can stoop .You know who you are and you can all hang your heads in shame.

• Agree 3

There is nothing positive about vile insensitive personal abuse of this nature. Racist comments were once considered 'football banter'. Thankfully, that attitude has long since been consigned to history. High time this sort of thing went the same way.

• Agree 4

There is nothing positive about vile insensitive personal abuse of this nature. Racist comments were once considered 'football banter'. Thankfully, that attitude has long since been consigned to history. High time this sort of thing went the same way.

I meant I thought it was going to be about our fans singing all night long...I didn't know about these chants, however.

Ok the song last night is disgraceful BUT we need to look past it, it's a few stupid people who don't know about being a true football fans. We need to look at all the positive singing from last night like going the whole night long singing and we could easily be heard on tv no need to be negative today we won a derby look at all the positives!!!!!!  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

The content of the song is very difficult to look past .Its an individuals opinion .

This took the shine of an otherwise brilliant night and the fans were exceptional

best atmosphere for weeks .The result was the icing on the cake

I agree we must not let a few idiots spoil the occasion but their idiocy and ignorance

should be dealt with.

• Agree 2

song was a total disgrace we don't need it - obviously the content -pathetic-plus the tune is associated with the blue half of the old firm- we do not want to have any link with them!

apart from this it was a great atmosphere that we should be trying to keep up- lets drop the crap and keep the noise!

• Agree 3

Im not one usually to take offence. I think the world has gone too soft on petty things, like the throwing about of the term racism and bigot everywhere. BUT, i do think that singing about a mother who is struggling with the birth of a baby is in very bad taste. mabye these dickheads who were singing about it, will go thro it in years to come....and we will see how amusing it is then!

• Agree 11

This needs to be stamped out now, I would imagine that people know who was involved in this, name them. I will be asking for a ticket next to the singing section at the next game in Dingwall, and I will 'self police' if this happens again. If people  think something like this is wrong, people should take action

If in the unlikely event these people every manage to form a relationship with the opposite sex and actually persuade  someone to let them reproduce I sincerely hope this never have to suffer this terrible illness.

• Agree 4

Caleydawson you read me wrong if you see me as negative. I posted about these idiots -and there were more than a few believe me singing, as I found it vile and offensive. Perhaps you could look past a group of people singing hurtful things about your wife/sister/mother but I couldn't.

I think the best way to really kill bad taste chanting, apart from getting Agent N or IHE in about the offenders every time, is to drown them out with shouts and songs supporting our team and sing-along (for longer.. :sad: ) at the right ICT songs so that these "loons" understand what works to get other ICT fans singing. Out-sing/out-shout because as a support we all have the voices to do that to self police a minority amongst us  :police: .  I'm not condoning in any what was sung, but I do believe it was a minority singing this and what happened was we as a support all went quiet because we didn't think it was inappropriate. i don't think we'll ever stop this sort of stuff by force - finger wagging, threats, 4rse kicking, etc.

• Agree 1

Sorry but somebody making a stance and politely asking the singers to cease whilst providing a clear rationale for the intervention would undoubtedly receive the support of the overwhelming majority. I have witnessed racist comments on a few occasions and I have immediately remonstrated to the individuals involved - with immediate success and apology and support and felicitations fro the large majority.

Sorry but somebody making a stance and politely asking the singers to cease whilst providing a clear rationale for the intervention would undoubtedly receive the support of the overwhelming majority. I have witnessed racist comments on a few occasions and I have immediately remonstrated to the individuals involved - with immediate success and apology and support and felicitations fro the large majority.

go for it I'm right behind you.   :hiding02:  :smile:

• Agree 1

But I would take the responsibility becos I am one of the most law abiding, politically correct, mature and righteous individual in our support.

Me too :)).... There was plenty Police and Stewards beside them why can they not step in .

They need to be named and shamed and they may think twice next time .someone knows who they are.

They are a disgrace to the club.

• Agree 3