Last nights singing

Frizzle

I dream of a day when people put as much energy into actively changing things as they do to sitting around shouting for others to be doing it.

When that day comes, ICTFC will achieve more than any of us could imagine.

Although I normally wouldn't argue with the sentiment you expressed, I don't think it was necessary to put it like that on this thread. 

It comes across as a bit pompous and self righteous to me, and that you are just defending the comments you made earlier when you called folks cowards and hypocrites for not taking direct action against the inappropriate singing.

• Agree 7

I called nobody a coward....nor did I suggest they tackle the offenders directly.

People are right to be upset by the chants (in so far as it paints the support in a bad light)....but they're achieving nothing if they think taking action means bitching about it online.  It is entirely hypocritical to be complaining about others not doing anything about it when they themselves are doing nothing.

They are doing something. They are highlighting the behaviour and their disgust at it in the principal online forum for fans to voice such concerns. The OP seems enrolled specifically to make this very important point. For that, she deserves credit rather than criticism.

• Agree 1

At a home game v Celtic, there were supporters in the North Stand a few rows in front of me buying soft drinks quite a few times during the first half - it then became

apparent that they were not ICT supporters (no cheering for ICT and, by the v signs given to the Main Stand towards half time)and then it became obvious they were topping up their soft drinks with alcohol secreted within their clothing. Although several persons around me commented, only I went forward to speak to the nearest Steward.

He wanted me to point out the persons! but I told him I didn't have a yellow jacket, nor was paid to do his job, but for him to use his eyes and spot them - although I

did say whereabouts he should be looking. From that moment, if looks could kill I would have been dead, the stewards gave me such bad looks, until, eventually, the

"fans" lifted their half bottles to their soft drinks and were spotted and evicted. It is very difficult for fans, especially ladies, to go to stewards and complain,

as they are then noted and could be victims of abuse.

• Agree 3

It is all very well to say we should go to police/ stewards if we have a problem. To do that you would have to point out the offending individuals and no doubt be seen doing this. Having one time told fans to moderate their behaviour or I would complain to stewards I was subjected to threats upon my person. Never again. These were not our own fans but Old Firm fans sitting among us in North Stand. I heard the song in question on Friday night but didn't catch the words. Hopefully most others didn't either. Our fans are fantastic at leading the singing at away games - it is just a small mindless minority that spoil it for others.  

• Agree 1

I just have a simple question to the people who were affected by the singing why, you are not Richard Brittain's wife in which they were singing about, also you are all talking about how bad it was why did you not say anything to anyone at the game, the sung it near the start so plenty of time surely if you affected by it then you would raise it with the police so you didn't hear again?????

I just have a simple question to the people who were affected by the singing why, you are not Richard Brittain's wife in which they were singing about, also you are all talking about how bad it was why did you not say anything to anyone at the game, the sung it near the start so plenty of time surely if you affected by it then you would raise it with the police so you didn't hear again?????

Have you actually read the posts above!

Have you actually read the posts above!

Obviously not!
  • Agree 1

At a home game v Celtic, there were supporters in the North Stand a few rows in front of me buying soft drinks quite a few times during the first half - it then became

apparent that they were not ICT supporters (no cheering for ICT and, by the v signs given to the Main Stand towards half time)and then it became obvious they were topping up their soft drinks with alcohol secreted within their clothing. Although several persons around me commented, only I went forward to speak to the nearest Steward.

He wanted me to point out the persons! but I told him I didn't have a yellow jacket, nor was paid to do his job, but for him to use his eyes and spot them - although I

did say whereabouts he should be looking. From that moment, if looks could kill I would have been dead, the stewards gave me such bad looks, until, eventually, the

"fans" lifted their half bottles to their soft drinks and were spotted and evicted. It is very difficult for fans, especially ladies, to go to stewards and complain,

as they are then noted and could be victims of abuse.

It is all very well to say we should go to police/ stewards if we have a problem. To do that you would have to point out the offending individuals and no doubt be seen doing this. Having one time told fans to moderate their behaviour or I would complain to stewards I was subjected to threats upon my person. Never again. These were not our own fans but Old Firm fans sitting among us in North Stand. I heard the song in question on Friday night but didn't catch the words. Hopefully most others didn't either. Our fans are fantastic at leading the singing at away games - it is just a small mindless minority that spoil it for others.  

Fair do's....maybe that is something that needs to be looked at on a wider basis.  Stewards don't tend to be very discreet when you talk to them and if seen pointing at people then I can understand how that could be as bad as confronting people directly if they see it.

The post above by caleyd is quite possibly the dumbest ******* thing I have read all day and I'm frightened that his carer has gone home and left him to play with his computer all on his lonesome! If I stood up and shouted offensive language for example **** arse are you trying to tell me the police would do nothing unless somebody reported it?? They are paid to "police" not to sit back with fingers up their arse! Sweet Jesus you can't even stand up in the north stand without an over zealous ******** steward telling you to sit down. You are either for it or against it. Time they started dealing with proper offences! No excuses!

Are u mad.. I have been here since April 2010!!!!

Define "Mad" because there's every chance I might qualify under certain parameters.

Glad you finally managed to find something that spurred you into life and encouraged you to become an active and valued contributor.

I called nobody a coward....nor did I suggest they tackle the offenders directly.

People are right to be upset by the chants (in so far as it paints the support in a bad light)....but they're achieving nothing if they think taking action means bitching about it online.  It is entirely hypocritical to be complaining about others not doing anything about it when they themselves are doing nothing.

Why do you have to qualify your statement about folk being right to be upset by the chants?  It comes across as though your only reason for condemning the chants is because it shows the club up in a bad light.  I think everybody else who has expressed distate at the chants has done so out a feeling of compassion for a fellow human being.  The fact that it paints the support in a bad light is very much a secondary consideration.  And why use the derogatory word "bitching" for folk who are demonstrating a bit of human decency?

It is also getting rather tiresome that you continue to badge everyone expressing concerns on this issue as hypocrites because they (in your view) are doing nothing about it.  Well actually they are doing something about it - they are letting others who are in a better position to act on the matter know their concerns so that they can help to prevent it in the future.  It seems perverse that you blame us and call us hypocrites yet seem to have no words of criticism for the inaction of the club in doing anything preventative following the previous match in Dingwall or for those present at the match who were paid to ensure people's behaviour was in bounds.

And whilst I'm at it, I would also comment on your earlier statement criticisng folk who offer critical comment but who don't get actively involved in helping the club.  There are a lot of folk who for a variety of reasons are unable to do so.  Many folk just find a little time to read and contribute to this forum as a welcome distraction from other aspects of their often very stressful lives.  They may work long hours in a stressful job, they may have permanent carer responsibilities, they may live too far away to be able to help, they may be disabled or ill, or they may give generously of their spare time for some other cause.  You have no idea what their personal circumstances are.  To criticise these folk for not actively getting their hands dirty for the club is, to be frank, offensive.  In any case, it is surely preferable to take the time and voice a concern on this forum than say nothing at all.

Remember that these folk are actually helping the club by giving those at the club their views.  These views should be helpful to you personally in your role with the club as it provides hard evidence about what supporters are thinking.  We all know you do a lot for the club and I applaud you and am grateful to you for that, but if you want others to help in a voluntary capacity with the club you might find more success in getting recruits if you didn't convey the impression that you think those of us voicing concerns in the best interests of the club are all lazy hypocrites.

• Agree 5

I applaud those people willing to self police on such matters.

However I can understand there would be those who find it offensive but feel uncomfortable confronting those with the mentality to sing these songs.
Therefore, as much as the police should notice it and act anyway, I'd implore people to make the complaint to the police or stewards.

If nothing is done about it write a letter to the club notifying them of the act and the lack of action taken by the stewards/police. Hopefully they would liase with the match controller so it could be avoided in future.

I've not branded a single person a hypocrite for voicing their opinion on the chants...only those who expect others to make official approaches to the club/CJT on their behalf when it would have taken the same effort to write an email directly.

In regards to my criticising (or not) the chants people are accused of partaking in. It's not a discussion I wish to get into (publicly) with anyone posting on this thread.

CTO (the forum side) has never been an official communication channel for the club....so those posting on here are NOT (directly at least) giving those at the club their views.

In regards to people being lazy hypocrites....they should let their conscience be their guide.  Some people who have posted on this thread have (and still do) lend extra support in a constructive manner, others are not in a position to do so...none of them have tried to twist, or appear to have taken offence with, anything I have said.

Are u mad.. I have been here since April 2010!!!!

Define "Mad" because there's every chance I might qualify under certain parameters.

Be careful people don't start singing offensive songs about you then Don.

Wouldn't be the first time...lol

I've not branded a single person a hypocrite for voicing their opinion on the chants...only those who expect others to make official approaches to the club/CJT on their behalf when it would have taken the same effort to write an email directly.

In regards to my criticising (or not) the chants people are accused of partaking in. It's not a discussion I wish to get into (publicly) with anyone posting on this thread.

CTO (the forum side) has never been an official communication channel for the club....so those posting on here are NOT (directly at least) giving those at the club their views.

In regards to people being lazy hypocrites....they should let their conscience be their guide.  Some people who have posted on this thread have (and still do) lend extra support in a constructive manner, others are not in a position to do so...none of them have tried to twist, or appear to have taken offence with, anything I have said.

Sometimes, when in a hole, it's best to stop digging.

• Agree 2

In regards to people being lazy hypocrites....they should let their conscience be their guide. Some people who have posted on this thread have (and still do) lend extra support in a constructive manner, others are not in a position to do so...none of them have tried to twist, or appear to have taken offence with, anything I have said.

Wow this is not goin to well eh