Just watched two lower league teams kicking lumps put of each other in a very poor Challenge Cup final. It was suggested on sportsound that Rangers could compete in the SPFL premiership top six but this performance suggested otherwise. Scottish cup semi will be interesting but can Rangers count on promotion next season? Personally I doubt it.

I was speaking to a 'raging' supporter who had his friend on the phone telling him about the party at Ibrox last night with karaoke and free bar, not bad for a team that lost in the final!

I was speaking to a Rangers 'supporter' who was at the game and says he was not bothered about the result as he is desperate to see the last of McCoist.

and his way of thinking is if that Gers lose next Saturday, McCoist might get the heave ho. 

I was speaking to a Rangers 'supporter' who was at the game and says he was not bothered about the result as he is desperate to see the last of McCoist.

and his way of thinking is if that Gers lose next Saturday, McCoist might get the heave ho.

Hahahaha ok but ive heard a rumour about who is getting the Rangers job in tbe summer. I wonder what your mate will think then?

Clue - the chap will fit right in to the 'everyone hates us SEETHE mentality' ;)

• 3 weeks later...

They really take cluelessness to a new level.

Aunt Sally is staggered by the losses - for feck sake, you are the manager, you should be taking a close interest in this stuff!

He is also trying to claim that they are prudent, as their wages are around 28% of turnover whereas the average in the Championship is around 55%. However, I would bet that Sevco's turnover is a damn sight more than double the average in the Championship, so the actual bill will be higher. Not that your average bear will be smart enough to work that out.

£70m in 2 years? To get through the bottom 2 divisions of Scottish football? Deary me! And if the cash isn't being spent on players then where is it. As Bomber Brown might say 'Whaur's the dosh?'.

Scottish Champions and competitive in Europe by 2017? Only if Mr Wallace is going to brush up on his PS4 skills.

The Championship may yet be a chastening experience for them. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that the Championship/Premiership play-offs were created to give the Huns a better chance of promotion first time!