Graeme Shinnie and Nick Ross

Big G

The Nick Ross rumour is a bit old now. Few of us were discussing it at the game v Motherwell.

As for Shinnie (Graeme) it makes sense as McGivern is an abysmal excuse for a left back.

Well Nick should be getting played instead of others so he should leave if it will help him in his development in football i hope he doesn't, G Shinnie won't leave if he has any common sense, he'll just be getting in and fighting relegation where as here everyone is settled and pushing for europe. On Andy shinnie the reason he came to us in the first place was to work with butcher cause he was told it would help him and they became good friends, plus andy isn't playing that much anyway so hibs would be perfect for him.

This is a myth that Hibs have no money. Money will be made available if Butcher asks for it within reason. Both these players will be in the last year of their contracts and if they do not sign extensions and the right money was offered it would make business sense to sell.

This is a myth that Hibs have no money. Money will be made available if Butcher asks for it within reason. Both these players will be in the last year of their contracts and if they do not sign extensions and the right money was offered it would make business sense to sell.

I disagree that it would make business sense for ICT to sell both Graeme Shinnie or Nick Ross in the summer... especially to Hibs!

If both players sign long term contracts at ICT and their form rises, bigger teams than Hibs will be interested and make a bigger offer then it would make business sense to sell and also better career moves for Shinnie and Ross.

• Agree 1

No money was available to sign Adam Rooney when TB was keen to sign him in January.

I disagree that it would make business sense for ICT to sell both Graeme Shinnie or Nick Ross in the summer... especially to Hibs!

If both players sign long term contracts at ICT and their form rises, bigger teams than Hibs will be interested and make a bigger offer then it would make business sense to sell and also better career moves for Shinnie and Ross.[/quote

If you read what I posted it says if they do not sign extensions it would make business sense. If they do sign up for longer of course it makes no sense to sell

If both players sign long term contracts at ICT and their form rises, bigger teams than Hibs will be interested and make a bigger offer then it would make business sense to sell and also better career moves for Shinnie and Ross.[/quote

If you read what I posted it says if they do not sign extensions it would make business sense. If they do sign up for longer of course it makes no sense to sell

Even still both players involved could get a better club than Hibs and for better money. I agree if money is right for the club then fair enough but I would rather put all the effort in signing them up rather than cashing in on them too early.

No money was available to sign Adam Rooney when TB was keen to sign him in January.

From what I am lead to believe the reason for this is that this seasons contracted players budget was spent and Petrie wanted a loan move until the end of the season.

How much would Hibs have to spend to buy these 2 players? Shinnie - £150-200k perhaps, Ross £100k so thats going to be a minimum of £250k for a club fighting relegation and who have historically not spent money. Really can't see it happening, if anything we should be more worried about a club like Aberdeen who may decide to invest and strengthen and try poach players. Shinnie should stay and try persuade his brother to come back next year on loan.......could even get another Scotland call up if his form was the level before.

How much would Hibs have to spend to buy these 2 players? Shinnie - £150-200k perhaps, Ross £100k so thats going to be a minimum of £250k for a club fighting relegation and who have historically not spent money. Really can't see it happening, if anything we should be more worried about a club like Aberdeen who may decide to invest and strengthen and try poach players. Shinnie should stay and try persuade his brother to come back next year on loan.......could even get another Scotland call up if his form was the level before.

Personally I would have thought Shinnie was worth a good deal more than that.  But why would either go to Hibs when next season the team they are in could really be a force to be reckoned with.  Success here will considerably raise their stock for coming years.  Sure they might get a bigger wage for a short while but I can't see it being in their long term interest.  Owain Tudur-who?

Let's not forget we are, and always have been, a selling club so if there is good money to be had for Ross and Shinnie then move them on! The only problem has been that we haven't had anybody smart enough to negotiate the sale of players, we only offered short term contracts and let them go for FREE! Let's hope someone on our  board has the ability to negotiate the sale of players as we have not been good at this in the past so it may be time to see just what quality we have in this department!

• Agree 1

If both players sign long term contracts at ICT and their form rises, bigger teams than Hibs will be interested and make a bigger offer then it would make business sense to sell and also better career moves for Shinnie and Ross.

In Shinnies case especially he could go well beyond this level as a player. Hibs would be as short sited a move for him as it has proven so far to be for Judas and Mo. I would imagine Petrie will be looking at Mo and Terry to continue business in a similar fashion to that at ICT to ease the wage bill and purchasing players, Hibs have spent heavily over the years on duds and while the money will no doubt be more flexible Im not expecting Terry to get much a massive war chest, certainly didnt get it in January.

The possibility of losing both players over the long term future is a slight fear but losing them to Hibs this summer Id be very surprised if that were to happen. 

As things stand Hibs could end up in Championship and stay there for a while. Would either of above players want that? Doubt it. I cant see Hibs spending much on players either. Petrie had got their debt down to around three million but in recent times its crept up  again and is now seven million or so. They need to rebuild but I think Butcher's remit is along the lines of what he done with us over a period of a few seasons.

Irrespective of which league Hibs are in next season, their budget will be tight: if Prem, then no Hearts game and low league position winnings; if Championship.....! Either way, they'll also have a sizeable debt to service, so they'd be crazy to pay for players, and players would be crazy to go because the business model is flawed of they start shelling out!