Graeme Shinnie and Nick Ross

Big G

And , if so, Rod Petrie will lose  face, so---not at all sure about that scenario happening.

But he had better be prepared to spend money because Mr B has failed totally to "bring out the best" in his available players.

No wonder T. B is looking very worried-- he should be.  If Hibs can him then who will hire him?

I think Ross is more a Butcher style of player than a Hughes one.  Whilst Hughes seeks to play a passing game and Ross is probably one of the better passers of a ball, Hughes also wants players who get stuck in and I think that is where Ross is weak.  With the emergence of Christie and Watkins I'm not sure that Ross is likely to feature much in Hughes plans for next year other than seconf line cover.  Hibs might offer Ross more money and a greater likelihood of first team football, so if an offer came in from Hibs I can see him being happy to take it and for the club to let him go for a modest fee. 

• Agree 1

At this time I think it would be a wrong move for Nick Ross because I think it will Butcher his career.

Guaranteed playing time in the first team might sound  not at all bad but he will be up against some forward looking and highly committed teams and if circumstances don't allow him to perform I think desperation will compel TB to bench him in favour of some  higher-flying English lad.

Despite Nick's skills he is rather lightweight and can be brushed off the ball fairy easily whereas at ICT the other guys in our team can shield him more readily since they have known him longer  etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Nick Ross's time is up. Yogi talked about Christie pushing hard and how Polworth had to get more tackles in but he was one of our best passers! It will be interesting to see if he can deliver this.He likes the physical side of the game and unfortunately I just can't see Nick adding this to his locker. I wouldn't like to see the boy waste his time in the U20 team and be a bit part player in the first team squad so if he and we get a good offer I think it would probably be better for the boys long term future to move on. 

Edited by caleyboy

What if young Christie did very well in the first team and then asked for a transfer to . What then.

Nick is a neat player but does tend to get pushed off the ball rather too easily from what I have witnessed. Could bulk up a wee bit perhaps. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am not surprised, he is an Aberdeen boy, he is the best in the land in his position and has only a year to run on his contract but I doubt they could come up with the six figure fee involved even if he was tempted to move. A pre contact in January might be a different matter.

I see The Sun reporting Aberdeen interested in Graeme Shinnie.

I hate 'payment gateways' on websites! Talking of payment, the dons can covet Shinnie all they like but he's under contract for next season, so it would take a significant transfer fee. They've already got 3 of my favourite ex-ICT players - they're turning into the 'Brora of the East'!