Rockness 2007

Mee

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will that DJ guy... I've forgotten his name now... he plays wee bits of other peoples records.....be back again? He's a feckin genius..... :022:

I'm about wettin' masel' wae exitement here.... That guy was feckin brill......  a failed bass player in some crappo band called the Housemartins that deservedly found fame & fortune through his immense talent and sheer musical ability......  :015: :015:

Its good to see Sneck has gigs to suit everyone this year - Elton for the oldies, Ironworks for the rockers and Rockness #2 for those who want to dance and have a good time.....

Oh aye and Runrig for those with absolutely no interest in music whatsoever  :015:

Ditto the Runrig comment.....

I'm still not old enough to fully appreciate Elton John.... He did have one classic hit single back in the eighties, Nikita.... much of the instrumental backing on which was provided by Dave Pegg, and Dave Mattacks, of the wonderful Fairport Convention......

Jboy, saw Fairport Convention in Glasgow many moons ago.

Amusing little occurance during the performance, remember think weegie. They were **** bent on not performing old stuff as they were trying to promote a new album. After nearly a couple of hours of the fans chanting "gie us all around my hat", the band still appeared oblivious to the frenzied crowds needs. "We are now going to sing a song about a SHIP! exclaimed Sandy Denny, to which a wee wag retorted at the top of his voice just before the band struck up.............AWRIGHT HEN, GIE US ALL AROUND MY SHIP :015: priceless moment, worth the entrance money itself. :003:

I have Rockness, The Peatbogs at Farr Hall, :love07: :love07:  Justin Timberlake   :love04: :love04: :bighug: in Glasgow and either the Sound of Rum festival or the Scottish Cup Final to look forward to  :003:

Chemical Brothers as well as Daft Punk! Great stuff!  :021:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest rumour - The Chemical Brothers might be double booked and we're getting the Prodigy instead. Daft Punk are as definite as a very nearly definite thing  :001: