Ex ICT player in MLS

Scotty

Up until now Barry Robson was the only former ICT player to have played in MLS after leaving the club. He played for Vancouver. Dan Stratford also played in MLS but came the other direction (from DC United to ICT)

There's been plenty of other Scots or players who have played for Scottish teams in MLS but until now no other ICT players that i know of: see here for a pretty comprehensive list of 'foreigners' playing in MLS 

Imagine my surprise when I saw this guy on Saturday playing for Colorado against Toronto ....... Do you know who this is getting up close and personal with Dwayne De Rosario ??

post-2-0-18758000-1397507369_thumb.jpg

• Agree 1

I wonder if Proctor failed to settle.  Saw him a two or three times in the ICT end at away games last season.

Piermayr was quite a good player actually and I've have like to have seen him stay.  Was offered a new deal by Butcher IIRC but wanted to back closer to home.

I wonder if Proctor failed to settle.  Saw him a two or three times in the ICT end at away games last season.

Looking at his twitter it sounds like he was waiting for an offer that did not come. He says something about 'if nothing happens in the next few weeks he would head back to uk'.

Piermayr was quite a good player actually and I've have like to have seen him stay.  Was offered a new deal by Butcher IIRC but wanted to back closer to home.

To be honest, it never really registered with me that he was playing until I was going through my photos and saw his name on the back of a shirt ... he didn't have a standout game and he didn't have a crap one .... he was as average as everyone else (TFC had 5 players out including the $13m p/yr duo of Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley - really exposed the lack of depth in the squad !!!)

yup - he falls into same category as Proctor and Darren Mackie playing in the league(s) below MLS so not valid in terms of my original post.

Xausa played in USL, which at the time would be the league directly below MLS.

Proctor played in NASL which was only formed in 2009 and replaced USL as the league below MLS.

Mackie played in USL Pro last year which is 2 leagues below MLS. looks like he and Scott Morrison signed for former team-mate David Robertson   

Structure in North America is shown here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_soccer_pyramid#Men.27s_league_system

yup - he falls into same category as Proctor and Darren Mackie playing in the league(s) below MLS so not valid in terms of my original post.

Proctor played in NASL which was only formed in 2009 and replaced USL as the league below MLS.

Mackie played in USL Pro last year which is 2 leagues below MLS. looks like he and Scott Morrison signed for former team-mate David Robertson   

Structure in North America is shown here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_soccer_pyramid#Men.27s_league_system

Do you think they'll ever add another tier(s) to the MLS?  Presume they'd have to regionalise it somehow due to the sheer size of the place.

Do you think they'll ever add another tier(s) to the MLS?  Presume they'd have to regionalise it somehow due to the sheer size of the place.

Cant see another tier somehow due to commercial reasons, but further regionalisation as it grows is likely. They already rejigged the East and West divisions a couple of times, most recently moving Houston to the Eastern Division when Portland and Vancouver joined the west in 2011. With New York FC, Miami and Orlando already approved for entry and an announcement due today on Atlanta joining in 2017 thats 4 more teams who should be in the east division so clearly some adjustments will need to be made ......

You have to be either desperate or nearing the end of your career to be a moose and play fitba in the feckin Rockies.

Even the moose don't go to Edmonton !!! Been there once and all there is there is a really big shopping mall - the biggest in North America and thats about it.