Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

We were let down badly by Billy .... a few months ago, and it was months ago, he would have scored at least two with the chances he had tonight!

Off the boil me thinks!

What?

Billy was tremendous once more and slightly unfortunate not to score a couple, allied with good saves by Langfield. If you are looking for a culprit or two, how about Vincent who had a nightmare and Tansey who was marked absent my friend. We gifted the midfield to Aberdeen especially in the first half but still created the better scoring opportunities. Fantastic save from Langfield near the end and the ball looked to be dropping on a plate to be tapped in but a defender appeared from nowhere to clear it.

A point each was overall fairish enough, although I thought we had the clearer opportunities to take the points.

Thought it was a decent game and we should of shaded it. Agree with comments about Vincent his touch was not there for most of game, straight away when Christie came on he was much more positive and has great vision.

A few decent chances were squandered but seems to be an improvement in work ethic and defending was strong also.

• Agree 1

Its a clean sheet and a draw against 2nd top of the league, according to BBC we had more shots on and off target - I did not see it  maybe not the best of games but how many of us would have taken a draw if offered before the game

I wouldn't have taken a draw as only a win would have maintained our increasingly slender hopes of Europe.

However, that said, despite it being a pretty unentertaining game, we were solid enough and were a match for the Dons. I thought that Warren was very solid and that Billy played well with more energy than recently apart from the County match and was unlucky to be denied twice by fine saves from Langfield who I though was Aberdeen's man of the match.

The main negative, aside from not picking up three points, was Vincent who has been consistently poor since coming back from injury. He is clearly one of the manager's favourites but, in my view is in need of being rested both for his own sake and the sake of the team.

Encouraging signs last night but we need to have a back up forward as a matter of priority.

• Agree 1

Dreadful game, agree we made the best of the chances but both sides were fairly poor. I also thought Billy worked hard and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. 

I didn't hold out much hope of reaching Europe before the game so not that disappointed with the draw.

We were let down badly by Billy .... a few months ago, and it was months ago, he would have scored at least two with the chances he had tonight!

Off the boil me thinks!

You were either not at the game or clearly asleep or intoxicated throughout.  Mckay ran himself into the ground last night.  You've got a hard neck as well, acting so smug and dismissive to anyone who has views concerning the manager or anything else you see as "negative" and then come out with garbage like that!

You're either actually a troll or just incredibly stupid.

Edited by Renegade

I enjoyed the game. Maybe it was because I have spent the last few days on the couch with a busted ankle and was just glad to get outside but I can't agree with others who thought it was dreadful. I reckon we had the better chances whilst allowing Aberdeen more of the ball and instead looked to hit on the counter. Credit to Hughes because I thought it worked well. It also looked like we were back to the old 4-2-3-1 system and played a good mix of passing football but became more direct when the opportunity arose to get at the heart of Aberdeen. Really don't think it was as bad as some are making out.

Agree fully with Renegade- minus the over the top insults - Mckay was fantastic last night. His game isn't just about scoring. His hold up play is superb and the way he links with fellow attackers is a real pleasure to watch. There was no doubt that he is frustrated at not scoring, we saw a few moans last night from him, but the rest of his game is still on top form as far as I can see. Vincent was a wee bit disappointing and I would be inclined to see Christie start ahead of him. He brings a real creative spark to the side and with Doran and Watkins outside of him I think we have an excellent creative attack that can set up chances for Mckay.

• Agree 2

I quite enjoyed the game.  There was a lot to be positive about and it was certainly much better than the previous home game against Motherwell.  I think the comments above regarding Tansey are a bit harsh - he has had better games but I thought he put in a decent shift and was unlucky not to score what would have been a great goal.  Mention too for both Raven and Tremarco who I thought had pretty solid games.  Defensively we were sound but the real positive for me was that whilst there was clearly a desire to pass the ball out of defence, if it needed hoofing it was hoofed without hesitation.

The main concern from watching this was Billy.  In recent weeks much of the criticism of the team is that we have not been creating chances and particularly for Billy who has often been quite isolated.  Well, last night we created a good few and in truth Billy could have had a hatrick and really should have converted at least one.  Watkins, Doran and Christie all set him up with glorious chances and he really should have been first to the rebound when Tansey hit the bar.  Certainly he worked hard and got himself into great positions but he needs to be putting some of these away.  It is interesting to read some of the comments here about this being a poor game because if Billy had tucked 2 or 3 of these chances away, everyone would be cooing about what a great performance it had been from the team.

I would agree with others about the difference Christie made when he came on - but it was rather short lived.  After he played that glorious cross-field ball to Mckay he had little impact.  He frequently lost possession and once even got muscled off the ball by Willo Flood!  There is no doubting his talent but I'm, not so sure that he's ready for a start yet. 

And Adam who?  I only realised Rooney was playing for Aberdeen when he got subbed.  Full marks to our defence for keeping him so quiet.  It might have been a different story if he had the chances Mckay had.  That really sums up the game for me.

• Agree 1

Just a thought about the crowd.  Have we ever had so few home fans for a match against the Dons?  Aberdeen fans came in good numbers and without them the crowd would have been well down on usual home gates - even for televised games.  I can't help but think that some poor home performances of late have contributed to this but would hope that a return to a more productive sytle of play which this game demonstrated will encourage a much better turn out for the final home game of the season.

Hard to get a true gauge on specific reasons for crowd fluctuations when operating in an environment where kick-off times change so often.

People only learned of the fixture 11 days ago.

It was Friday night game.

It's Easter Weekend.

It was on TV.

On the other side of the coin...the weather was good and probably added a few to the walk-up numbers.

All that I will add is that every time I take part in any discussion groups and/or analyse the results of surveys etc (not just involving ICT fans), team performance comes pretty far down the list of reasons why people might choose not to attend a game....so I tend not to look at that as a direct primary cause for any swing in numbers, certainly not in the short term.

• Agree 1

Must have been different watching it on the telly. There were some nice touches but it really looked scrappy and a 0-0 feel long before the end. The crowd probably looked worse becos the middle of the North Stand was well more than half empty. I would have given most pass marks except Vincent, Tansey and Tremarco. The introduction of Christie was the one thing that threatened to change the game.

Off the boil me thinks!

You were either not at the game or clearly asleep or intoxicated throughout.  Mckay ran himself into the ground last night.  You've got a hard neck as well, acting so smug and dismissive to anyone who has views concerning the manager or anything else you see as "negative" and then come out with garbage like that!

You're either actually a troll or just incredibly stupid.

I find it strange that I comment on here in a constructive manner - I think you will agree that DD has said, more fully I accept, the same comments as I did and I receive from you, personal abuse!

For the record maybe following the jags and ICT over many years makes me a troll in your eyes - my qualifications would suggest that I am not stupid and I do not drink on Good Friday due to my religious beliefs!! OK.?

Alright chaps/chapesses. Agree to disagree, but cut out the personal stuff. :tuttut:

I was only replying to the unprovoked attack on me by describing how I did not fit with his opinion of me as stated by him.

At no time did I make it personal.... I could of course, have said something like , ignore must be an abbreviation for ignorant as all the posters on here can see that this describes your behaviour, but I did not.

I could have said that I feel sorry for ICT fans with this level of retort being enjoyed by Ross County fans as they assume this is the normal intelligence level of posters, but I did not.

Who do I approach to ask if my posting are suitable to be read by this person without being the victim of abuse?

Seems that a different game was watched by those actually at the game, from those watching on tv with the "benefit" of the commentators and their views and likely re-runs of actual events during the game. It was a good game, better in parts, but overall enjoyable and one point is better than none, even though 3 would have been ideal.

• Agree 1

Thought we looked much more dangerous when Christie replaced Vincent - we started attacking with more pace, and being more direct seemed to cause Aberdeen some problems.

Watched the highlights, and part of me wishes Marley had gone down when Anderson had a tug at his jersey in the opening minute. Pretty sure we would have beaten 10 sheep men, and would have loved to see MacInnes self combust. Is it compulsory for football managers called Derek to be a loathsome tool?